Add a Photo

By LADY GAGA
#900 in Fragrance for Her
The first ever black eau de parfum compounded by lady gaga. It's black like the soul of fame, but invisible once airborne.
Photos (2)
Amanda K.
Amanda K.

From the first time I smelled this I *knew* it would become a signature scent for me. The scent is sexy but not slutty, sweet but not candy. I love how it changes subtly during the day as well. Plus .. GaGa... :)
Lauren T.
Lauren T.

I love the smell of this perfume. I think it is awesome that it is black, but like another reviewer said, I wouldn't spray it while wearing white
Amber S.
Amber S.
Fort Hood, TX

This is the only perfume (celebrity, high end, drug store, etc.) that I have ever loved. Fame has a beautiful scent that isn't really strong or overpoweringly sweet/flowery/feminine, and honestly I can't really describe what it DOES smell like. It's very unique. This is something I would (and do) definitely go out of my way to purchase. It sprays on completely clear.
Marie S.
Marie S.

Normally I can't stand celebrity perfumes as the seem to all stink to me. But this one is really nice I really like its smell. It also does not give me a headache like some perfumes do.
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA

This scent is okay. I honestly prefer scents that are a bit sweeter and have kind of like a cupcakey but sophisticated like smell like the Britney Spears Fantasy perfume. This perfume kind of smells a little like cough medicine at first spray but then it fades to an odd honey, floral scent. I don't know. It's alright. I didn't spend much for it so it wasn't too much of a downer. I still think it's okay when it fades a little bit more but it's not something that I'll probably use all the time.
Khatzaenyia Z.
Khatzaenyia Z.
Lenexa, KS

Product sprays on black but don't be alarmed, it fades pretty quickly, even on white! Honestly there is nothing super unique about this scent, but it is delicious, and I like the bottle and that it's black and feels somewhat fruity with a slight hint or floral.
Nina P.
Nina P.
Brockton, MA

I bought this for the first time as a gift for my friend who loved Gaga and who told me that this fragrance smells amazing. I decided to give it a try and bought it as a gift set. Best purchase ever. He was not lying!
Madison  Z.
Madison Z.

This does smell good but it does spray on black so I wouldn't recommend to wear this with white.
Roseanne A.
Roseanne A.
Glendale, NY

Huge Lady Gaga fan! Had to have this right away! I love the scent, but one spray is enough, anything more is overpowering and strong!
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Cheshire, England

First things first; I don't get why this is being described as a fruity/floral on most sites - FAME is definitely something that I would describe as a floriental fragrance. On me there is only the tiniest hint of apricot, but it so short lived that it doesn't really make an lasting impression on me. I think some people may be confusing the rich honey accord as apricot, grape or similar.

The belladonna and other florals develop almost as quickly as the honey on me, which evens out the sweet honey with the dark floral notes. FAME was a tricky perfume to review, as the floral center to it seems a bit different every time I wear it and try to jot a few thoughts on it down; sometimes it seems powdered, and sometimes everything seems spicier, thanks to the orchid. The listed belladonna, jasmine and orchid are the most developed floral notes but, overall, the floral heart to FAME is similar to Illamasqua Freak.

After about an hour or so a lingering sense of liquorice starts to carry through the floral notes, so maybe there's some anise in the mix too? Around this time the florals gradually deepen and become peppery, thanks to the saffron. As the floral notes gradually settle into the background a note of patchouli begins to develop, giving the fragrance a 'dirty' feel and enhancing the spicy notes. I'm not sure which individual spice notes are used in the incense accord, but FAME slowly becomes darker, and as the lingering honey fades, slightly smoky - some wood accords in here too?

Official scent notes: Belladonna, incense, honey drops, saffron, apricot, jasmine, tiger orchid.

Many people seem to be disappointed by how 'normal' FAME is, but you have to remember that it is one of Coty's celebrity ranges; it is in a lower price bracket and has to appeal to as many people, on a international scale, as possible. Baring these limitations in mind, I'm very happy with my bottle of FAME; it is a bit different from the usual celeb fragrance releases, but it is still easy to wear, with mass appeal.

Whilst FAME does go close to the skin after a couple of hours, I still catch lingering wisps throughout the day. When I wore it to bed, it was still detectable on my skin the next day. No: FAME doesn't stain skin or clothes. I've even sprayed it directly onto a white t shirt and the liquid does indeed spray clear, despite being black in the bottle.

Join Now