BY WINDOWS SURFACE #28 in Tablets

• What are the most essential features when purchasing a ta...3 Answers
  • Question has been deleted2 Answers
  • I really wanted this but is it worth the kind of expensiv...5 Answers
Windows Surface Tablet
  • "Battery life is amazing, and gets even better with the attachable keyboard that adds another 5+ hours to the battery life." in 7 reviews
Abby G.
I received this as a Christmas present last Christmas after asking for it constantly. I was hoping for a table somewhat like an iPad, but wanted this one because it was fairly cheaper and is basically a mini computer when the keyboard is attached.
Pretty disappointed. This is too hard to use as simply as a tablet. Turning the screen vertical (like an iPad's screen) makes it too difficult to handle and its inconvenient to use horizontal as a table because my thumbs cannot reach across.
With that said, I still use this because I have it. I would not purchase again.
Samantha M.
League City, TX
I am going to start off by saying that although I am not a fan of the Windows 8 operating system, I love everything else about this tablet. The stylus works amazing with the Sketchbook Pro App, and the magnetic clip-in keyboard should be standard for all tablets. In addition, the one thing I love the most about the Surface Pro is that it has a full OS as opposed to a glorified cell phone OS (like the iPad and other "popular" tablets). This key feature makes this tablet more than a tablet. Another plus (for most) is that it comes with Microsoft Office ;)
Michael O.
Minnetonka, MN
This version of the tablet comes in cheaper than the most affordable iPad Air and 13-inch MacBook Air combined, even with the Type Cover, and that's the point. On paper, this slate is more powerful than either Apple device, not to mention most other comparably priced laptops and tablets. The Surface Pro 3 might not be perfect, but it's definitely worth the price!
Heather B.
Johnson City, TN
I would consider myself technically inclined when it come to computers and the like but after using this "tablet" for a while I found that it was so annoying to use and VERY user UNfriendly. I tried to get used to the screen set-up (which seems REALLY great...and is a good concept) but it just seems as tho. I just became more frustrated with it. This tablet is what I like to call in it's infant stage meaning it still has lots of room for improvement so I look forward to trying it again in the future when it works out a few issues.
kylie l.
Killeen, TX
All time, must have, favorite item ever!!! Its so easy to keep things organized and there isn't much that I can't do with it! There are so many helpful apps to download that also make things easier on you. However if you are looking for a tablet for games in the app store, this isn't the beat pick for you, not to say that there aren't great games in the windows store, just not as many as say, the android or iOS appstore. It is geared more towards college students or for work, not for your children.
Jessica T.
I use my surface frequently since I am a preschool teacher. I am able to write my lesson plans during nap time and also use other software to take anecdotal notations as needed about my children. I also use this as a teaching tool for the children in my classroom as well. They love being able to touch the screen, but have the accessibility of the keyboard to type letters as well. I love the use of the USB in a tablet/laptop. The light weight surface is something I plan to continue to use over and over.
Travis l S.
Lynn Haven, FL
Best tablet with full functionality of a windows laptop or desktop. Not limited to apps. System is a power house, can easily play games like Diablo III and other games. Love the usb 3.0 port, just wish there was at least one more usb 3.0 port. Wish there was a microphone port to use a 3.5mm headset, and the internal microphone leaves more quality to be desired. Boot up time is less than 10 seconds from pressing the power button to being able to use the computer. Battery life is amazing, and gets even better with the attachable keyboard that adds another 5+ hours to the battery life. This is a great home use and even better on the go device. Must have.
Christy C.
Chatham, IL
So I'm still a little on the fence with my surface. I teach and we got them to use in our classrooms. I definitely am not a fan for the classroom as far as kids using it. The kids are used to iPads and the touch screen on the surface is way . I think it could be good in some ways but I still prefer the iPad. The only bonus is that the surface can also be used as a PC so it is nice to have those features if you want a small laptop but not good if you are wanting a tablet.
Robin A.
Shoreham, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
It it wafer thin, very impressive, and had a stand that popped out so you could actually watch something on it without holding it. But by far the best feature is the cover/keyboard. I really missed having a keyboard on other devices I have owned. AND it is waterproof! Sounds more and more like a win win for me!
Windows 8 has a touch screen so I was sold right away. It was really fast and easy to navigate. I found I couldn't stop playing with the draw on screen feature!
Carla S.
San Antonio, TX
My employer purchased one of these tablets for me to travel around and make psychiatric assessments around town. At first I found this tablet difficult to navigate, but once you learn the basics and the importance of the "corners", this is an incredible machine! It is like having a super-light laptop! It can hold various full software and is very quick to respond. I can definitely see consumers using this product for work (like myself) and school. Very practical!
Aichetou D.
Brooklyn, NY
Is this tablet good for school work?
tamia p.
Oakland, CA
I really wanted this but is it worth the kind of expensive price
Tuss S.
Riverside, CA
I have both iPad and surface, which do you prefer ?
Adine D.
Saint Johns, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
Is it easy to use like an Ipad or is it more difficult?
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA
Does it work with itunes?