BY WINDOWS SURFACE

• What are the most essential features when purchasing a ta...3 Answers
  • Question has been deleted2 Answers
  • I really wanted this but is it worth the kind of expensiv...5 Answers
Windows Surface Tablet
  • "Battery life is amazing, and gets even better with the attachable keyboard that adds another 5+ hours to the battery life." in 7 reviews
Jerikah B.
TUSCALOOSA , AL
Techie Expert Level 1
My husband LOVES this tablet. I dont enjoy it as much because it is a little small and I dont like using the little keypad that connects to it. But he uses it for everything and if you enjoy a mouse like he does it's easy to plug into the USB and works perfectly. He has the surface 2 I believe and has had it about 3 years and it has started to get really laggy and slow. He doesnt store much on it so I'm not sure why it is so bogged down but he does want to upgrade to the surface pro.
stephanie c.
Southington, CT
Techie Expert Level 2
I use a surface pro for work and it is so convenient but powerful! It’s easy to bring with me to client meetings but still gives me full capabilities to access documents and connect to monitors or projectors for presentations.
Melinda W.
Atkins, AR
Techie Expert Level 1
This is a product I could get great use out of. I have a #giftcrush on the surface. With my disability the surface would be great for me.Microsoft Surface Tablet Light weight toss in my bag and go.
Katrina D.
La Puente, CA
Techie Expert Level 2

I'm on my second one of these (2nd was a gift) because my first tablet had the blue screen of death. I am a student and only used this tablet for school. Writing papers, doing research, etc. for internet browsing I used an iPad. A week before finals, this computer decided it just didn't want to go past a blue screen with a sad face on it. Windows told me they could replace it by having me purchase another one at a discounted price. Um no. It's not reliable and I can't recommend this product.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Purchased the Microsoft Surface Pro from Best Buy as an alternative to an iPad and was very impressed. Great display, super fast and well made product. The processor is lightning fast, multi-tasking easy/fluid and Windows 8 has been a pleasant experience. Did not have any problems with heat and did not find the tablet too heavy compared to an iPad - the stand definitely helps with this. From a productivity standpoint, this tablet can replace an iPad/computer combo if used in conjunction with a keyboard however, what this tablet cannot do is be a true tablet. The battery life is laughable, on a good day I would get 3-3.5 hours with the brightness all the way down, processor at a maximum of 50% and without any heavy usage. After a full night charge, I would browse my emails in the morning and within 30 minutes my battery was already in the 80% range. The only apps running were Mail, IE 10 and maybe even Slacker Radio. Given that these are all Metro apps, one would think that the power usage would be minimal. Even worse, was how the battery would drain while multi-tasking between One-Note and Kindle. I do not understand why this tablet drains battery at such an alarming rate. I found myself looking for any power outlet throughout the day to ensure I had enough juice to run this tablet, for this reason, the tablet was not for me. I owned the product since 2/28 and conditioned the battery on several occasions, even played with the power consumption options to ensure longevity - neither of these options worked. If it were not for the poor battery life, I would have given this tablet 5 stars however, given the fact that it is not truly portable, I returned it to Best Buy and replaced it with the Samsung Ativ 700t - this tablet is amazing!!! I have been on it all day - Slacker radio for 2 straight hours, web browsing, email, taking photos, selling stuff on Craigslist, using the keyboard (writing this review using it right now) and my battery is only at 39% (2 hours 37 minutes remaining). This is truly amazing given this tablet is 11.6 inches and has the same internal specs as the Surface Pro. At this point, this may have been on my second charge of the day with the Surface however, I still have enough to read a book and take notes tonight!
Katelyn W.
I just got this computer about a month ago. I had been looking for something new for quite some time. The one thing that hindered me was the price. I was unsure of how much money I wanted to spend. I decided to splurge and get myself something and I was not disappointed! The surface is so convenient to take with me to work everyday to use in my break and it is perfect for doing homework. I love how easy it is to take the key board off and have a tablet. I can sit however I want and read or browse the internet. I bought it for doing my school work and it is perfect. It is the best purchase I have made!
Ashlyn K.
Saint Johns, MI
In love with my surface! One thing, the cord can be touchy and if it dies like mine did it can be expensive. In case that happens to you, just order Amazon. Otherwise this is SUPER useful and OneNote makes it easy to take notes, highlight and PDFs are easy to look at and analyze via the app. It's portable, fits in my purse but still big enough to use every day. I don't even have a conventional laptop anymore.
Holly S.
Byhalia, MS
I absolutely love my tablet! It's great for little things like taking notes, drawing, and even watching Netflix. I'd like to eventually get a desktop computer for times when I need to type long things, play games like The Sims, etc. but for now this tablet is awesome! It's so easy to carry around.
Joyce P.
Redmond , WA
I have had every Surface product and was a MacBook convert. I now use the Surface Pro Book (amazing power and portability) but LOVE their new Surface Laptop. The pen feature is extremely useful for me as I'm highly visual and the ability to scribble notes etc has been helpful. If you are in the market for a good laptop I highly recommend any of the Microsoft surface products
Sheila G.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is great for college students. I'm going for my MBA and the desks are so small. The surface does not take up a lot of room. It is light weight and works just like a computer with the keyboard attached. The only downfall you have to buy the keyboard separate from the tablet.
Aichetou D.
Brooklyn, NY
Is this tablet good for school work?
Tuss N.
RIVERSIDE, CA
I have both iPad and surface, which do you prefer ?
tamia p.
Oakland, CA
I really wanted this but is it worth the kind of expensive price
Adine D.
Jax Bch, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
Is it easy to use like an Ipad or is it more difficult?
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA
Does it work with itunes?