Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Purchased the Microsoft Surface Pro from Best Buy as an alternative to an iPad and was very impressed. Great display, super fast and well made product. The processor is lightning fast, multi-tasking easy/fluid and Windows 8 has been a pleasant experience. Did not have any problems with heat and did not find the tablet too heavy compared to an iPad - the stand definitely helps with this. From a productivity standpoint, this tablet can replace an iPad/computer combo if used in conjunction with a keyboard however, what this tablet cannot do is be a true tablet. The battery life is laughable, on a good day I would get 3-3.5 hours with the brightness all the way down, processor at a maximum of 50% and without any heavy usage. After a full night charge, I would browse my emails in the morning and within 30 minutes my battery was already in the 80% range. The only apps running were Mail, IE 10 and maybe even Slacker Radio. Given that these are all Metro apps, one would think that the power usage would be minimal. Even worse, was how the battery would drain while multi-tasking between One-Note and Kindle. I do not understand why this tablet drains battery at such an alarming rate. I found myself looking for any power outlet throughout the day to ensure I had enough juice to run this tablet, for this reason, the tablet was not for me. I owned the product since 2/28 and conditioned the battery on several occasions, even played with the power consumption options to ensure longevity - neither of these options worked. If it were not for the poor battery life, I would have given this tablet 5 stars however, given the fact that it is not truly portable, I returned it to Best Buy and replaced it with the Samsung Ativ 700t - this tablet is amazing!!! I have been on it all day - Slacker radio for 2 straight hours, web browsing, email, taking photos, selling stuff on Craigslist, using the keyboard (writing this review using it right now) and my battery is only at 39% (2 hours 37 minutes remaining). This is truly amazing given this tablet is 11.6 inches and has the same internal specs as the Surface Pro. At this point, this may have been on my second charge of the day with the Surface however, I still have enough to read a book and take notes tonight!