by Windows 8
Ask a Question
Inna S.
Inna S.
Huntingdon Vy, PA

Why do I keep switching so easily between open pages it's so annoying 😡
Lorna R.
Lorna R.
Aug. 12, 2015, 2:50 p.m.
You can go to your settings and select how you want to your tabs to be set up. When you go to a page and then want to open another one. You can decide if you want it to open a new tab when open a new search or you can do it manually your self. You should be able to go to the only pages you wanted open. If there is several check on why and then you should be able to update your settings.
Sophia  B.
Sophia B.
July 18, 2015, 8:23 a.m.
I do that sometimes too!
Ann P.
Ann P.
May 25, 2015, 2:42 p.m.
You're probably accidentally swiping on the touchpad
Kennedy M.
Kennedy M.
May 18, 2015, 10:35 p.m.
I hate that it does that! The whole system is so touchy and sensitive.
Kassie B.
Kassie B.
May 6, 2015, 4:02 a.m.
I used to get confused with some features.
Joanna G.
Joanna G.
Dec. 16, 2014, 4:19 p.m.
I hate it too! I think they made their program too smart for its own good!
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
Dec. 15, 2014, 6:37 p.m.
Update to 8.1 (I think its free) and the windows icon will appear where start used to be. And all you have to do is right click on it to get all the stuff you're used to seeing there (control panel, etc). As far as switching screens, what are you using? A Windows mouse can switch between screens and what not with a simple press of a button on it. I have one, and its pretty cool. Otherise, maybe you're using a hotkey and you don't realize it.
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Dec. 11, 2014, 7:44 p.m.
Mine does that too and while I haven't figured out why, I just installed Classic Shell so I can get my start menu back and if I somehow swype to the tiles screen, the 'windows' key+D gets you back to your desktop!

Join Now