Formerly Club W, Winc is global winery revolutionizing the way people discover, buy and share wine. It all starts with our Palate Profile that asks you 6 simple questions about your tastes. From there, you are recommended bottles of wine that match your flavors so you're guaranteed to receive a delicious bottle every time. We are the only wine club where you are in control and it's delivered directly to your office or front door with no commitment.see more...
Top Questions See all 121 Q&A
- "I was really excited to maybe get to try a new wine, but when I received my BellaVoxBox I realized that you have to purchase two bottles in order to get your free one." in 29 reviews
- "My boyfriends mother and I love to try new wines, so i would love to try this wine, especially the ones they picked out for you, but they so not deliver to the state I live in!" in 28 reviews
- "My husband & I live in Italy at the moment & he has fallen in love with going to wine tastings, so I am looking forward to being able to sign up & having choices like this sent directly to our home!" in 27 reviews
- "I'm not much of a wine drinker, so I'll probably be giving this to one of my friends, but this is a really cool idea, especially for wine enthusiasts!" in 22 reviews
- "I dont think I drink nearly enough wine to stock up on three bottles, but I got a coupon in my BellaBox for a free bottle of wine with the purchase of two." in 14 reviews
The wines were fine; good for the price, however after receiving my first shipment I just wasn't so impressed that I wanted to continue with my subscription; would have maybe tried it again at a later point.
However, after three months of attempting to cancel my subscriptions, they failed to do so. They have an option to 'skip a month', so I was continuously doing this, until I got a paypal email that I had been billed for a shipment- uhoh! I was straight on to customer service, who admitted their error, and advised I would have to pay a 'restocking fee' to cancel. This seemed unfair, however I finally acceded as I felt as though I was speaking to a wall and not going to get anywhere. Then they sent the wine and billed me fully anyway, not refunding me the promised amount. I called back, and the same customer service agent disputed what we had discussed, and put me on hold for her to re-listen to our conversation. 20 minutes later, I am on here to warn anybody and everybody to avoid. The wine is fine, but if you have any issues with the service, or God forbid wish to cancel, it is not a customer service team that is going to help you at all.
I used Winc or a while but the last bottle they sent me broke as I was trying to open it. It cut my thump very bad and I had to see a doctor because of it. I was lucky not to lose sensation in my thump but it still hurts after 2 weeks.
I contacted the company and showed them the picture but they didn’t give me a refund or offered to pay for my expenses. They said I could ship them the products I still have (paying for shipping) and that they would give me a refund of what they received.
This was a very very dangerous experience and the company showed its true colors. It has a bad service and they sell cheap dangerous wine bottles. I would not recommend this to anyone.
I removed one star just because there are plenty of local wine stores in my area where I could go to get recommendations for good wines in the $13 range (which is the price of the "Winc Featured" bottles), not have to buy 4 bottles, and be supporting my local economy. I also live in an area with a lot of wineries, which makes me feel extra guilty about ordering in wine from out of state. I also wish there was the option to customize how often to receive orders. Since Winc allows you to skip months, I will probably keep my membership going for now and just skip until I want more variety in my wine game again.
I would definitely recommend setting the delivery address to an office so that someone can sign for it if you are unavailable - otherwise it may be difficult to coordinate receiving.
One thing about wine delivery services is that you have to be home to receive the box so they know you're over 21. We have missed wine shipments multiple times then end up having to go pick it up. Our pickup facility here is out in the middle of nowhere! I wish the initial shipment ID check just did the job. I'm not getting younger as the shipment comes, tag my name as over 21!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos