Wilton Black Sparkle Gel 3.5 oz uploaded by Adriana P.

BY WILTON

Make your decorated cake shimmer and shine with sparkling colored ready-to-use icing gel. Shimmery black sparkle gel is great for detail work, writing and anytime you want your icing to glisten. You ll have fun discovering all the ways this black sparkle gel can be used in your decorated desserts. Sparkle gel can be applied straight from the tube for lettering or detail work, or brush it on for a sparkling effect. Gel icing does not dry hard; it stays soft and sticky. Resealable 3.5 oz. Tube. Certified kosher. see more...

Buy on Jet.com*
  • "Not a big fan they say it's editable but doesn't have a very good taste." in 1 review
Candous D.
Salem, MO
I love the shimmer look that this item has along the the other colors that are like it. However the look is about all i like. They are to runny and the color bleeds on everything. The only way I could use mine was to squeeze it out of the tube and mix it with some corn starch to stiffen it up so that that i could use a regular piping bag and pipe with it. However, adding the corn starch took away the sparkly. Just to much work to get the product to some what work. I thinks its a waste of $4.
Stephanie S.
These gels are really only a great idea if you're short on time and can't pull out a piping bag to decorate.

They're fairly runny, and often run when piped onto buttercream.

I'd really only purchase again if I were in a pinch, or if I were letting kids loose on some decorating!
Sally G.
Fairview Hts, IL
Sweet Tooth Expert
This product is great if you are needing the black outline, but if you're just looking for something to give you an outline that you will fill in after, I would go with a lighter color because this one is so dark and can bleed as it gets old.
Lisa M.
I used this to make stripes and dots on bumble bee and ladybug cupcakes, and they came out really great. The gel was really easy to use and came out smooth and consistent, so the lines were nice and clean. Even overnight, the gel stayed in place and the color didn't run. The only drawback is that the tubes are rather small for the price--I needed 5 tubes for 24 cupcakes, which really added up.
Brandi H.
Mesa, AZ
This is an overall good product. I bought this at walmart to write happy birthday on a cake and the consistency was a little thinner than I expected and kind of ran into the white frosting on the cake, but the overall effect was achieved and it didn't alter the taste of the cake.
Jessica R.
Akron, OH
I bought this from Target for our Halloween cupcakes and I was able to detail the cupcakes into Jack-o-Lanterns! I am not a cake decorator but these are perfect to make a regular person make something fabulous!
Alexis M.
Plantation, FL
Sweet Tooth Expert
The tubes are a bit small for how expensive the product is, BUT when it comes to allowing my toddler to express himself artistically on his fathers birthday cake this is one of our go to products.
Meghan D.
Columbus, OH
These writing gels are okay if you need something in a pinch to write or design on dessert. Overall they are quite a bit runnier than I expected and they have an artificial flavor. The black coloring adds a nice contrast, but stains teeth.
Desiree W.
Las Vegas, NV
I These gels are okay if they are the only thing in the store, and you need something to write with NOW. It's a bit runny, and doesn't taste as good as others.
Miranda O.
Modesto, CA
I found this icing to be a little runnier than I had expected, but I would buy it again. It's inexpensive and easy to find. I love anything Wilton!