BY WILFRED

Wilfred
  • "Really hilarious tv show about Elijah Wood hallucinating that the girl he's pining for's dog is a human in a dog costume." in 33 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed this show once I gave it a chance, it took me a few seconds to figure out what exactly was going on, but once I did thats when I found it really funny. " in 10 reviews
  • "While I thought the premise for this was going to be stupid, the humor is very well written and very enjoyable for a human in a dog suit!" in 10 reviews
  • "Wilfred is a decent dark comedy that has some great moments, but it feels like it need something else to carry the story line forward." in 10 reviews
  • "This is hysterical because everything he does looks super funny when they flash to him being a dog back to him being in the suit." in 6 reviews
Theresa D.
Charlotte, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Hilarious. I love this show and I wish they would do another version seeing as this one has ended. I having seeing this now will be binge watching again soon. highly recommended.
Hayden T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The premise of the show is so dumb at first I didn't even want to watch it, but it's truly very funny. I've seen all of the American one on Netflix and this show is so funny(but very vulgar) that I'll laugh out loud even when I'm by myself. Give it a fair shot and I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's so strange and weird I love it.
Dani M.
bellingham, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
wilfred is so hilarious i love this show i randomly found it on netflix one day and really liked it i didnt even realize there was an australian version with the same guy who plays wilfred. you root for ryan to get some balls to throughout the show lol
Vicki N.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I caught this show on a whim one late night battling my usual insomnia. I noticed Frodo Baggins conversing with a man dressed in a dog suit. Of course I was intrigued! I had to share with my husband. We have a joke that I must secretly visualize our yorkie, Charlie, as a grown man in a suit the way that I converse with him. Elijah Wood is very enjoyable as Ryan who suffers with manic depression while trying to figure out his life. After meeting his attractive neighbor he finds himself faced with her dog who happens to appear to him as an Australian man in a dog suit. The dog, Wilfred and Ryan form a twisted bond in which Wilfred tries to teach Ryan life lessons in the form of missaps and shenanigans. Highly enjoyable show. We even laugh at repeats that we've seen multiple times.
Janelle S.
North Las Vegas, NV
The show Wilfred caught me off guard , hence the cover picture of a man dressed like a dog licking someone's face. This show isn't for logical people. The humor in it is very hilarious yet creative and just down right raunchy at times. Throughout the whole season i kept saying " Why'd he do that?!" and remind my self 'Oh wait , it's a dog. They don't know better' countless times I had to reevaluate if the whole town was crazy allowing a man dressed like a dog to be acceptable . Or maybe Ryan was just insane. All in all this show is very funny and dark.
Brittany R.
El Paso, TX
I love watching this show. It takes a new look into a comedy genre no one's entered before. It never fails to make me laugh and I couldn't recommend this more. At least give a few episodes a try. At first, it can be misleading, but the characters are relatable and the storyline even greater. It takes a peak into a reality we still see as taboo. Mental illnesses are becoming more and more common each day and this show is bringing it to light. This show proves that we are only human, and we all deal with hardships...It's a great watch.
Deanna G.
Canfield, OH
Its sooo good & soooo Funny! This is a dark comedy that yor going to either love or hate, but why you would hate it?..I just don't understand. Wilfred is Elijah's pet dog, well kinda...Elijah sees Wilfred as a grown man in a shaggy dog suit but everyone else sees him for what he really is. This is hysterical because everything he does looks super funny when they flash to him being a dog back to him being in the suit. Like for instance Wilfred has a lady stuffed animal friend and he also likes pot.
Katelynn L.
Union Bridge, MD
I typically find that I love dark comedy and this is no exception. I really try and get people to give this show a chance, but its hard to explain to someone that they should watch a show with a man dressed as a dog as one of the two main characters. I feel like it is suited for people who have, or have had, dogs. The things Wilfred does totally remind me of my own dogs and it cracks me up. Although sometimes it gets a little weird, I wont lie, I like that. If you like dark comedy, give it a whirl.
Kyla C.
Palmyra, VA
I watched for Elijah. After Kirsten Dunst, he was my first favorite actor. Come on, could I watch this otherwise? I'd need pot to make it through, and I am so not a stoner. I'd really give it a B-, but that is not an option on here. I wish the story was called Ryan (Elijah's character) and not Wilfred, because away from the dog there is pretty fascinating stuff here. The human dog, of course, is the whole (unfortunate) point.
Anna H.
San Francisco, CA
I've seen the trailer or clips for this show multiple times but neglected to watch it due to the fact that I don't have cable anymore. Luckly, Netflix decided to release season 1 about a couple months ago.

The interaction with Ryan and Wilfred is undeniably hilarious. The dynamic duo live everyday like their on drugs. Oh wait, they are.

Recommended to watch this show if you have free time on your hands!
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Was this show cancelled?
Rosmery P.
Bronx, NY
Never seen this show. Who see it
Juan P.
Tucson, AZ
Is this show any good?
Gladys A.
Anybody whats this show back? i do
Kimberly C.