BY WHOLE FOODS #9 in Grocery Stores

• Is this a good store to buy groceries?118 Answers
  • I like Whole Foods! Do you? :0) 45 Answers
  • I always wanted to shop here but the stuff is expensive, I wonder...4 Answers
Whole Foods Market
  • "Compared to most other grocery stores, it has such a great selection of healthy foods that I feel good about buying and consuming." in 99 reviews
  • "I shop here a good bit and I love the salad bar there....also, the sandwiches are really good and it's a fantastic grocery store with great fruit selection" in 88 reviews
  • "We are a Gluten Free household and while a lot of stores carry some Gluten Free products whole foods has the biggest selection in our city." in 84 reviews
  • "I love Whole Foods because they offer some products that other grocery stores don't such as lactose free yogurt, but their prices can be a little expensive." in 73 reviews
  • "Great store if you need organics, but a bit pricey... great collection of organics...meat is freshly cut fr u on seperate cutting boards fr every meat.." in 59 reviews
Stephany K.
pleasanton, CA
I have a very positive relationship with Whole Foods.
My husband and I have moved a lot and because we do not owned a car, we need to figure out the closest grocery market. We have tried safeway, walmart, trader joe's, specialty stores, local markets, etc.

However, we never gave a try to whole foods before because we felt it was overpriced. The last time I moved, I was buying groceries at Walmart, and it felt like a nightmare as my spouse and I are very healthy eaters, and mindful of our spending and the nutritional value in the products we buy. ( Since I took nutrition classes, I became more aware on how to select products and brands for better healthy eating habits) After our nightmare at Walmart land their lack of fruits and veggies selection, and only being able to pick frozen stuff,  we finally gave in and decided to try Whole Foods.

Although we agree on the price rising our budget by a good 30-50%, we also noticed the amazing quality in the produce, the pouring of options we have for the foods we like, and the nice extra features the Whole Foods store has ( nice coffee shop are, bakery etc). This is what made us feel that, although we are on a budget, we find ourselves relief and happy with our purchases. We find nice selections of wine and cheese and we now are getting a bit more accustom to buy organic.

Finally, Whole Foods meat and poultry selection is the shocking part. We thought this would be the most costly, but we have noticed is an affordable price for a quality product.

I am happy we made the switch and we are now sticking with Whole Foods unconditionally.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
Whole Foods is great because I can literally get anything there. I always enjoy the promos they run on skincare/ haircare/ wellness products. Their promos/sales in general are great. I also love their 365 brand and how affordable it is! Their organic produce definitely has more variety than other supermarkets/grocery stores. The only reason why I won't give Whole Foods 5 stars is because sometimes certain things are more expensive here than elsewhere. I'll find the same exact item at Publix for a dollar cheaper sometimes. I usually just look for specific items, like certain organic produce, here that I can't find at Publix or else I'll be spending extra money. Regardless it is a good company that I will keep shopping at, just not somewhere I'll buy all my groceries at!
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Everything everything about this store!!! We are a family that tries our best to eat as naturally & organically as possible, which of course aligns precisely with Whole Foods customer base. Although, like any other tried & true Whole Foods fan/junky... I wish the prices were more reasonable! Years back, a good friend jokingly referred to Whole Foods as “Whole Check”- because you could end up spending WAY more Money than you intended or needed to when you first walked in the store. I remember leaving the store one time with two small paper bags & a $450.00 ticket (several supplements)... and looking down at what I had in exchange for that amount of money & seriously questioned my self. Nonetheless, Whole real foods that are mostly organic & are not GMO or sprayed down with rough & toxic pesticides & whatever else.... these products are becoming harder & harder to even find. So, the current state of our world, the USA, & general health with in the USA 🇺🇸 REALLY forces you to get your priorities straight. And sometimes.... you just can’t afford Whole Foods, which is why I took 1 star... & should have probably taken 2. Because I believe that real food should be affordable to all, not a luxury for only the wealthy! We all deserve to feed our bodies & our children’s bodies food that is nutritional, is recognized as food in our body, & that isn’t polluted with carcinogenic chemically treated .
Pamela S.
Travelers Rst, SC
I enjoy shopping at Whole Foods, but know you have to be selective. The prices are astronomical for some items, but I usually avoid them. They have a great selection of meat and seafood, with some of the best local selections. The flowers are amazing quality and usually well priced. Produce is great, but only affordable on sale. The bakery and hot food selection is some of the best available at a grocery store.
Deborah F.
Washington
I do a lot of my groceries here. I only gave it 4 stars because of how unreasonably expensive some of the stuff is. I love that they carry most of the healthy and organic foods that I love! Every Whole Foods that I’ve been in is always so clean and organized. I love the vibes in there. Oh and how could I forget...you can eat there too!! The food is always sooooo tasty and yummy!!
Sydney H.
Ever since amazon took over they have removed lots of their higher quality products. Now the fish section is just different varieties of salmon and the deli counter no longer has prosciutto from Italy just Applegate products. They are also not stocking the shelves as often as they used to. Miss the old Whole Foods because prices are still high and the selection is horrible.
Simone B.
I think that Whole Foods is one of the best supermarkets out there. It may be more expensive than the other stores, but it is so worth it. I love shopping there because there is such a variety of healthy and organic things, and I love their cheese section. I also love the food that they serve there. The chicken tenders are delightful!! Whole Foods Market makes my day!!
Monica M.
Old bridge, NJ
Ever since I discovered Whole Foods i decided to never go back to a normal store unless they do not have the product I want in stock. Whole Foods gives me the peace of mind that I'm making a right choice in terms of organic or non organic. A lot of their foods are locally grown and sure the $$ is more than the norm, you get what you pay for.
Safiya P.
Whole Foods is a great store! They have a large variety of products. My son has to eat dairy free, and I love all the options they have for dairy free yogurt, cheese, and snacks. They are honestly quite expensive, but its worth it since you cant really find many allergen free foods anywhere else..
Mydien T.
I really do enjoy going to whole food. They have a good selection of great organic food. Of course, they are more expensive than your traditional grocery stores. The quality is great. Their salad and hot food bar is so delicious! Like the food is soooo yummy. Pricey? Yes, but so good. They do have coupons if you download their app!
Gladys A.
Is this a good store to buy groceries?
Viviana P.
What's your favorite product that you can only get at Whole Foods?
Yelizaveta A.
Brooklyn, NY
What do you prefer whole foods or trader joes?
Darlina L.
Philadelphia, PA
Does trying samples at the store make you want to buy the product? Examples?
Ieesha H.
I like Whole Foods! Do you? :0)