BY WHOLE FOODS #10 in Grocery Stores

• I like Whole Foods! Do you? :0) 45 Answers
  • I always wanted to shop here but the stuff is expensive, I wonder...3 Answers
  • I enjoy shopping at Whole Foods but am often surprised by the var...3 Answers
Whole Foods Market
  • "Compared to most other grocery stores, it has such a great selection of healthy foods that I feel good about buying and consuming." in 99 reviews
  • "I shop here a good bit and I love the salad bar there....also, the sandwiches are really good and it's a fantastic grocery store with great fruit selection" in 88 reviews
  • "We are a Gluten Free household and while a lot of stores carry some Gluten Free products whole foods has the biggest selection in our city." in 84 reviews
  • "I love Whole Foods because they offer some products that other grocery stores don't such as lactose free yogurt, but their prices can be a little expensive." in 73 reviews
  • "Great store if you need organics, but a bit pricey... great collection of organics...meat is freshly cut fr u on seperate cutting boards fr every meat.." in 59 reviews
Aneta L.
Stupid expensive. I like the bulk section. You can get a good variety of things here that you can't find somewhere else, I guess, if you live in a small town. Luckily we have co-ops, Trader Joes, Aldi, etc where I am so I don't ever have to rely on WF. I used to eat their hot bar and pizza every day. Loved the wine bar until they RAISED the prices. Why would you raise prices on $5 glasses of wine in the middle of a grocery store? I'm not paying $6-7 to drink under fluorescent lights with shopping carts bumping into me! Such a shame- it used to be the best secret deal!
Molly G.
Dallas, TX
My friends and I jokingly call this "Whole Foods, Whole Paycheck" because it is so expensive, but I truly believe that it's one of those things that you get what you pay for-- high quality, sustainable, organic food that is good for you. Their produce has the best selection I've ever seen and many of their hair/skincare items are cruelty free. I think it's certainly possible to shop here even on a tight budget, as long as you're willing to put in some extra time and research. The staff is super knowledgeable and helpful (at least in Seattle, where I'm from), too!
Amy P.
Montclair, NJ
I live for my weekly Whole Foods shopping trips. Every Whole Foods is different (separate management and they carry different products) but overall you know you can go there with whatever diet you are on, and eat well. They have an abundance of organic meat and produce (labeled accordingly), grass fed meat (which is hard to come by), and I love that they label the meat according to how free-range it is. They are helping you to make choices about what will work for you. I love their new coupon app as well- I've already saved over $15 with it.
Jori D.
Plano, TX
My family and I have been trying to eat a more healthy, vegetarian/vegan whole food diet. We visited this store for the first time over the weekend, and we loved it. This store makes it much easier to shop for these more wholesome foods, and there is less temptation for processed junk foods. It is a little bit expensive, but definitely worth it for certain products. We will be shopping at this store from now on along with our usual grocery store, because they do have some things that you can find at your usual grocer for a lower price.
Ariel M.
It is big. It is bright. It is amazingly well-staffed. It has bountiful freebies. It has a (rough count) bajillion types of my favorite things: not just kombucha, but fancy algae kombucha, and chia-drinks and raw kvass and ALL THE THINGS I LIKE! Other advantages: the take-away options are plentiful, and the cold and hot salad bars are great, as is the bright seating area for people who wanna buy-and-nosh. There's also a new bar area (BAR AREA!) with beers on tap and burgers and pizzas.
Jenny K.
Yarmouth Port, MA
I would have given 5 stars but because of the price it gets a 4 but everything else gets a 5.i love going to whole foods even just to look or buy a slice of pizza.the desserts are so good and I'm the summer you can order food from outside ,the ice cream is a good deal and so is the pizza and sandwiches.basicly all the food made to go ,the pricing is not that bad ,it's just the rest like I wouldn't shop there but I would eat/drink there.the workers are super nice too!!!
Melissa M.
Whole Foods is my absolute favorite grocery store. There is the name "whole paycheck" people give it, but I have found for fresh foods like veggies and meat it is significantly cheaper than other grocery stores. Of course specialty foods are going to be more expensive but it's like that anywhere. I like that they label all the foods that are fair-trade, non-GMO, organic, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc. because it makes me more aware of what I am buying.
Allison M.
I love the variety of healthy food and inclusion of local products at Whole Foods! No two stores are the same and it's always fun to browse around and try new things. The prepared food, although delicious, can get pretty expensive. It is my favorite store to look around in and grab a few healthy things or some lunch. But if I need to stock up on a lot of food, I usually go somewhere cheaper.
Ashlee S.
I LOVE Whole Foods. They are a great company that is great to work for. My job is right next to a Whole Foods and I tend to go there on my break more than I should. They have great options from cosmetics to food. I would definitely recommend Whole Foods if you can get there! The only downside is the price, but I'd rather spend more money on good food that I know will work with my body!
Bridget B.
Livonia, MI
Whole foods is great in it's insane variety and range of products. Healthy, natural, organic foods are in abundance-- both packaged and fresh. It isn't exactly what I would call affordable.. it's pretty pricey for just everyday shopping. However, if you're looking for something specific or something you haven't been able to find somewhere else, Whole Foods can really come in handy.
Gladys A.
Is this a good store to buy groceries?
Viviana P.
Foodie Expert
What's your favorite product that you can only get at Whole Foods?
Yelizaveta A.
Brooklyn, NY
What do you prefer whole foods or trader joes?
Darlina L.
Philadelphia, PA
Does trying samples at the store make you want to buy the product? Examples?
Ieesha H.
I like Whole Foods! Do you? :0)