by Whisker City Premium Catnip
Ask a Question
Laurie S.
Laurie S.
Oshkosh, WI

Does anyone ever think their can could OD from cat nip?
Sara J.
Sara J.
Sept. 9, 2014, 11:18 a.m.
I read somewhere that cats have censors in their brain that turn on and off around catnip- thats why a cat will be flipping out over it and then it'll be like nothing and then start flipping out again.
Jamie E.
Jamie E.
July 13, 2014, 9:58 p.m.
I've watched my cat and wondered the same thing. LOL! But, no a cat can't OD on catnip.
glenda h.
glenda h.
May 31, 2014, 8:29 p.m.
Although it said that catnip is bio-chemically related to cannabis cats will come to no harm by enjoying it and will not become dependent.
Karen R.
Karen R.
May 16, 2014, 9:06 p.m.
Heck no because I pour a bunch on the carpet and Jebus eats it up then he rolls around on it then I vacuum up left overs which never is any.
Dayle G.
Dayle G.
March 7, 2014, 2:01 p.m.
I've used catnip in out home for years, my cats do go crazy for it but if anything they just play hard then crash into a long nap - that's as bad as I've seen it get.
Tosha C.
Tosha C.
Feb. 1, 2014, 11:01 a.m.
It depends on the cat and what type of catnip. Fresh cat nip, not od really, but can cause vomiting and diarrhea in some cats. Just like us animals are all different and are affected in different ways by things. Its usually good to introduce them to a small amount at first and there is no reason they need to eat it. They will get the "high" just from the scent so if you are worried I would just rub it on a scratcher or get toys that keep it inside so they can smell it but not ingest then you have no worries
Joy P.
Joy P.
Jan. 24, 2014, 3:17 p.m.
Nope. Catnip is just a form of mint (it's good for their stomachs). Humans would just as likely OD on Basil. Besides, most cats build a tolerance to catnip after fifteen minutes, and it can take about 2 hours before they will react to it again.
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Oct. 27, 2013, 2:12 a.m.
I have one that eats his pile and then the others piles till he falls asleep in the middle of one lol so , maybe but not in a harmful way
Toni J.
Toni J.
Oct. 17, 2013, 12:17 p.m.
I thought about it but I really don't think they actually ingest enough to OD my cats scatter it all over and roll in it
Renee R.
Renee R.
Oct. 1, 2013, 9:02 a.m.
In my non expert opinion, I don't think so. The cats I've had that do like it, not all cats like catnip, only play with the object that has it for a very short period of time before moving onto something else, another toy or nap.
Kacy V.
Kacy V.
Sept. 24, 2013, 3:16 p.m.
I have thought about it, but why would they sell something that they could OD on when it's in their cat treats and toys as well lol. It would not be a fun time if that would happen. But to answer the question, no they can't :)
Carrie L.
Carrie L.
Sept. 4, 2013, 11:20 p.m.
I have wondered about....Same thing to people right?

Join Now