Whirlpool Monochromatic Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. This Whirlpool 22 cu. ft. side-by-side refrigerator puts ice within easy reach and creates more space in the freezer. The In-Door-Ice system creates extra space on the top freezer shelf by moving the ice bin from the freezer compartment to inside the freezer door. It also features a removable ice bucket for easy access to ice. A flush exterior dispenser provides a smooth, sleek appearance and offers cold, filtered water and ice without opening the door. LED lighting also makes finding fresh and frozen food items easy by casting a natural-looking light on the contents of your refrigerator. The Accu-Chill temperature management system cools food quickly and saves energy.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Whirlpool Monochromatic Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator!
Pembroke Pnes, FL
I wanted the absolute best side-by-side fridge and I didn't care what the price tag was. My predicament: Width space could not exceed 34 inches. This basically eliminated 80% of all side-by-side models on the market. After doing a lot of research I purchased this model on the Best Buy website. The two men that delivered it arrived on time and were in a rush to leave and do the next delivery. I guess Best Buy puts a lot of pressure on these employees by scheduling more deliveries than they can comfortably handle. I chose stainless steel and it looks beautiful. It's a perfect size for a household of 4 people maximum. Just like my old Whirlpool in order to maximize space I removed one shelf in the freezer and one shelf in the refrigerator. With this setup it's easy to place and remove large tall items in the fridge and freezer. Therefore, do not believe reviewers who state it's "too small" because it's not or that you can't adjust the shelves because you can. And unless you sleep in the kitchen it's not "too loud". It's just as loud as any other side-by-side fridge. Both the ice and water dispenser operate as designed. Some of the complaints about the dispenser are laughable. Unless you have a visual and/or physical impairment in which your hands tremble uncontrollably you won't inadvertently press the water versus ice lever. And both water and ice go directly into it's intended path when using small and large glasses with very little if any water drips. Despite all the whiners complaining that the doors can't be leveled and the two wheels can't be adjusted up and down guess what...they can. The two wheels on the front are adjustable. All you have to do is follow the simple instructions on how to level the doors or move the bottom two wheels up or down. Upon delivery, the door handles on mine were misaligned by only 1mm. I simply pulled off the bottom front plastic cover and with a wrench raised the door 1mm. The delivery crew is required to make sure it's perfectly level against the floor but they will not adjust misaligned door handles for you. I asked and they refused. If you already have an existing water line paying the extra fee for the delivery crew to connect it is a complete waste of money. Any man or women can easily connect it using the required (once again required) stainless steel water line kit sold by Best Buy for only $29.99. After connecting the water line very little ice will be made during the first two days. On and after the third day is when you will notice ice being made at normal levels. If the exterior LED dispenser lights are important to you do not purchase this unit. Per the instruction manual "the dispenser lights are LED's that cannot be changed". Make sure to check for dents upon delivery! Refuse delivery if any dent is present. Signing the delivery form indicates that the unit is cosmetically perfect. Delivery personnel don't care if you accept or miss a dented unit. They just want to get out and move on to the next delivery on their list. My last Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator operated flawlessly for over 15 years and is still running strong to some stranger that bought it on Craigslist. If this new side-by-side model lasts just as long Whirlpool will have another loyal customer for life. Both Home Depot and Lowes offered this refrigerator for the same price but Best Buy was #1 when it came to having it delivered the fastest. It took them only 2 days which was the main reason I chose Best Buy.
Gerrardstown, WV
Whirlpool Monochromatic Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator uploaded by Janja P.
I don’t know much about refrigerators but I will say this one has a lot of storage space and it’s own ice cube maker as well as water 💦 filtration system. The right side is the regular refrigerator and the left is the freezer part. I prefer side by side rather than the freezer on the bottom because kids always pull on the freezer handles and break them.
Don’t love it. The space in the freezer sucks. The fridge got a crack through the lining the first year we had it and despite the warranty and the extended warranty we purchased through the store they still wouldn’t replace it. Temperature fluctuates. Ice maker broke within the second year. Hate it. Can’t wait to replace it. We’ve only had it 4 years and it’s already ready for the junkyard.
Carmel, IN
Love the refrigerator and the features it offers. Ours has ice maker in the door so it doesn’t take up freezer space which is a bonus! This was affordable. Only complaints I have is after two short years, the buttons on the water dispenser have a hole in them and the interior lights are starting to sporadically not come on when you open the doors.
Dover, NH
The freezer portion is so tiny, I hate it! It came with the condo we bought but because of the positioning, the freezer door opens against the wall, making it impossible to get into. I’m very much looking forward to our next fridge, which will absolutely have a pull out freezer chest at the bottom. So much more convenient!
We just upgraded our fridge months ago and went with this one. I love it, it's very spacious and very quiet. I love the sleek design. The led lights inside are awesome as well. Easy to clean and easy to install. I recommend getting it at Lowe's since they offered free delivery and installation.
Menasha , WI
I love my side by side refrigerator! I love that I can get fresh ice and water right outside of the door! I am a short lady and I can see everything in this refrigerator without and complications. I love the bigger refrigerator! It fits all of our favorite beverages and food!
North Haven, CT
Whirlpool Monochromatic Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator uploaded by John O.
I just got this refrigerator three months ago when I moved into my new home it works amazing in the icemaker I love because it makes cubed ice, crushed ice, has a water maker and it’s all right on the front. There’s lots of room in the freezer and the refrigerator I love the side-by-side
Bought this whole set at BEST BUY (best appliance prices) after buying a new construction house. It is roomy and was very affordable. Easy to install and the crushed ice is perfect unlike a lot of fridges I’ve seen. Best one for the price definitely.
Magalia, CA
I like this fridge, but the stainless steel is hard to keep clean with little kids. It also sings pretty easy (they had to deliver twice because of damage and finally I just took a credit). It does look great h though and the ice maker works well!