Where the Crawdads Sing

by Delia Owens

For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life–until the unthinkable happens. Perfect for fans of Barbara Kingsolver and Karen Russell, Where the Crawdads Sing is at once an exquisite ode to the natural world, a heartbreaking coming-of-age story, and a surprising tale of possible murder. Owens reminds us that we are forever shaped by the children we once were, and that we are all subject to the beautiful and violent secrets that nature keeps.

What would you recommend to read? Getting ready to finish Where the Crawdads Sing in a few days!
Is this a easy ready or is it hard to follow? I want to give it a go.
Surprisingly I have not read this yet Do u think I’m missing something by not reading ?
Start your review of Where the Crawdads Sing!
Jennifer M.
Alma, AR
Where the Crawdads Sing uploaded by Jennifer M.
This is such a beautifully written story. It takes me back to North Carolina in many different ways. The culture, accents and description of the estuaries, coastal life and marshes. The story of Kya and her loneliness that started at such a young age and the heartbreak she must have went through. But what she gained was the most important part. What a beautifully written story with so much detail! I can’t wait for the movie to come out!
Glori N.
Beaverton, OR
Where the Crawdads Sing uploaded by Glori N.
I grabbed this book without reading any reviews, I just simply liked the title and the cover. It turned out to be such a pleasantly heart wrenching read.
Jamie P.
El Paso, TX
Where the Crawdads Sing uploaded by Jamie P.
Delia Owens- Where the Crawdads Sing is a masterful story that draws you in from page one. In the outer banks of North Carolina you’ll fall in love with Kya and the heartbreaking story and journey you’ll go on in the pages of this book. This is a great summer read.
Ashley R.
Eatonton, GA
I LOVED this book. It’s so beautiful and heart wrenching, and it’s been a year since I read it but I cannot recommend it to enough people. Set in North Carolina in marsh land a young girl has to grow up on her own and faces so many trials throughout her young life. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions so buckle in. #bookworm #wherethecrawdadssing
Elizabeth S.
Newark, OH
I absolutely loved this book so much. I wish the author did a sequel. I have been looking for similar books like this that has drama and a love story.
Vilia J.
Westmont, IL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Where the Crawdads Sing uploaded by Vilia J.
Amazing book! I haven’t read anything that I’ve been super into but this book I literally couldn’t put down! It is a little sad but the ending is perfect don’t think I’ll ever read something as good as this ever again. That’s disappointing to say but this book is a must read for sure keeps you on your toes!
Jacqueline P.
Bella Vista, AR
Bookworm Expert Level 7
1,453 reviews
I’ve heard a lot of good things about “Where the Crawdads Sing”, but I wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy it as it’s not the type of book I gravitate towards (I only say that because I tend to read young adult and biographies mostly). I’m so glad that I gave this book a chance, because it’s such a beautiful story! It’s about a girl who’s lived alone on a marsh and how she survives and even thrives in her environment. A young man is found dead and she’s suspected to have killed him because they are whispered to have had a relationship. This story is partly a growing up tale and part mystery. If you’re not familiar with southern culture, it may take a little while to get interested or understand some things (mostly the dialect). It’s even a bit slow for the first 30 pages or so, but then it really draws you into it. I definitely recommend this book!
Melanie S.
Williamsburg, VA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I really loved this story. There is romance, murder and survival. I love the picture painted by her words of the marshes on NC.
Jessica J.
Shelby Twp, MI
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Where the Crawdads Sing uploaded by Jessica J.
Haven't finished yet but so far this book is amazing. Can't put it down and have to force myself to do other things. I can't wait to see what happens. The description is beautiful and makes you feel like you have been to the Marsh even if you were raised elsewhere. You feel Kya's heartbreak and joy as she travels through life.
El E.
Goreville, IL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
A really well written stand alone book, while I thought the ending could have been better. I throughly enjoyed this read. Great author.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jessica J.
Shelby Twp, MI
il y a 2 mois
Sara A. il y a 2 mois
What kind of books do you like to read?
Meg S.
Kyle, TX
il y a un an
Greta C. il y a un an
I have not personally read it, but I have read and heard amazing reviews. I may have to pick this one up.
Susan A.
il y a 2 ans
Where the Crawdads Sing ? I loved this book
Sarah J. il y a 2 ans
I’ve heard it’s really good. Just might have to go check it out!