What to Expect the First Year, Second Edition uploaded by Diana B.What to Expect the First Year, Second Edition uploaded by Parker S.

What to Expect the First Year, Second Edition

BY WORKMAN PUBLISHING COMPANY, INC.

Some things about babies, happily, will never change. They still arrive warm, cuddly, soft, and smelling impossibly sweet. But how moms and dads care for their brand-new bundles of baby joy has changed-and now, so has the new-baby bible. Announcing the completely revised third edition of What to Expect the First Year. With over 10.5 million copies in print, First Year is the world's best-selling, best-loved guide to the instructions that babies don't come with, but should. And now, it's better than ever. Every parent's must-have/go-to is completely updated. Keeping the trademark month-by-month format that allows parents to take the potentially overwhelming first year one step at a time, First Year is easier-to-read, faster-to-flip-through, and new-family-friendlier than ever-packed with even more practical tips, realistic advice, and relatable, accessible information than before. Illustrations are new, too. Among the changes: Baby care fundamentals-crib and sleep safety, feeding, vitamin supplements-are revised to reflect the most recent guidelines. Breastfeeding gets more coverage, too, from getting started to keeping it going. Hot-button topics and trends are tackled: attachment parenting, sleep training, early potty learning (elimination communication), baby-led weaning, and green parenting (from cloth diapers to non-toxic furniture). An all-new chapter on buying for baby helps parents navigate through today's dizzying gamut of baby products, nursery items, and gear. Also new: tips on preparing homemade baby food, the latest recommendations on starting solids, research on the impact of screen time (TVs, tablets, apps, computers), and "For Parents" boxes that focus on mom's and dad's needs. Throughout, topics are organized more intuitively than ever, for the best user experience possible. see more...

Jaycie O.
Mililani, HI
This book is great for first time moms. Now that you read what to expect when your pregnant, you will move on to this book. This covers what you should expect your baby to go through month by month for the first year of life. It covers milestone your baby is going through and what questions moms have about breastfeeding.
Marissa B.
Fallston, MD
Must have for first time moms. There is so much information out there throughout pregnancy, but then you have you baby. Then what?? This book will help you handle every situation a new baby will throw at you. It's a time of so many questions and doubts, but this book helps ease the stress and is very reassuring when questions arise with your new bundle of joy!
Kendall K.
This book is really helpful for first time parents. It has so much useful information about everything that comes to mind with a newborn - from diapers to childcare to treating injuries. I would definitely recommend to any new parents. We bought this when baby was a few weeks old but I think it would be helpful to have before baby comes.
Erica S.
1,621 reviews
Seriously ever parent, especially 1st time parents, most likely own this and if they don't, it's because they don't have children yet & they soon will understand why they desperately need to buy this book. This book has to be the most informed literature on a child's 1st year of life, from conception. Even things you never knew or expected are in here. Even things you wish you didn't know are here too. It helped me prepare questions for my doctor's, think of things I otherwise wouldn't of, bringing baby home, what to do in emergencies, what growth rate, food, and a zillion things more that have to do with YOU and the baby. It has great information on any & every subject to do with baby's 1st year. As a 1st time paren't I was lucky to have this. Baby's don't come with manuals but this is the next best thing.
Katelyn S.
Churubusco, IN
Great book to refer to during that first year as a new parent! It's not necessarily a book you have to read from cover to cover, but more so something you can read as you go or as you encounter something.
Diana B.
This is the best Childcare book I've read so far! I really recommend it and consider It as a really valuable thing in the household. The book answers a lot of your questions on the all important things first time parents need to know. The best thing - it's all in one place. So you don't have to search in the Internet and read different articles, sometimes contradictory. Or to call a doctor in the middle of the night to seek the advice. And I like the format of it: The chapters consist of questions of real parents, which are answered by the experts. So this is the best investment so far by our family.
Hannah A.
This was very informative and I can see going back to it for advise. I'm glad I own this copy, because it is great to refer back to for information. This is just the start to my childcare book collection. With books like these, I believe that it's better to own than borrow, so you can refer back to them when you need to. This has made me a better informed paren't and I feel comforted knowing that this book is only a shelf away if I need it again.
Jaclyn T.
This book was super handy when my firstborn was born. It was great to read about what they may or may not be able to do each mont, and it was reassuring as well since it had a lot of answers to questions I had about taking care of a baby and how to help them grow.
Sheri S.
Greenback, TN
As a first time mom at 20 years old, I was so nervous and scared. This booked helped me feel more comfortable about what was to come, even though I agree you can never be fully prepared for parenthood. Just have to take it one day at a time. Very good for my comfort though.
stephanie g.
Burke, NY
I reference this book almost daily. highly recommended :) whenever I have a quick question that I don't want to bother the pediatrician with it always helps