BY WET N WILD

• High-performing, breakthrough formula
  • Featuring light-adjusting complex to help prevent white cast in photos
  • Tested under 7 light conditions with and without the use of flash

• Are these available in stores, or online only?Which store...4 Answers
  • How many colors are in the shade range?4 Answers
  • Whsts your super power?wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation...1 Answers
AMBER R.
BAYTOWN, TX
Review for: Other more...
Mixed feelings!!! I picked this up while shopping at Walgreens. I saw the display, remembered Ive seen several youtubers review or mention this foundation... so i bought it to try it out.
#1 Packaging defective - First time opening the whole top lid part came off. I was like what the hell, well thats not good.
#2 Smell - Soon as I put the foundation on my skins, I noticed the smell of the foundation...which is not a good smell. I dont really know how to describe the smell, it's off-putting. YES, I know the product is 'inexpensive"...but it smells like the cheap makeup I bought when I was a kid at the .99 cent store or maybe like school paint. Idk but I didnt like the smell.
#3 Application - I actually really liked the application. Im a finger blender and it worked well. I dont like full coverage on a day to day basis. This was buildable in the areas where I have some light discoloration and still looked even in the areas where I used a light overlay of the product.
#4 Look of product on skin - I thought the foundation looked really nice, color matched well. Matt look, im not normally a strong "matt" look type, but i like it. Looks matt almost instantly.
#5 Wear of Product - Seemed to not dry down for a REALLY LONG TIME! Maybe like an hour and the foundation still felt sticky, even after powdering, still had this sticky slightly wet feel on face. Not great for blending other products on top like blush, contour/bronze, highlight, etc. Wear time b4 breaking down on a normal 8 hour work day, seemed to show signs of break down around chin ans nose before the day was over.
#6 BREAKOUT CITY!!! I dont have breakouts, almost never ever even when I was a teen. IF I so get a blemish it would be before/during my cycle and it would be in my chin or mouth area. I never break out on cheeks, forehead, nose NOT IN THE HISTORY of life. I dont have sensitive skin, i dont even have any blemish medication/products for me because all I use is anti-aging stuff. After 1 straight week of use I had a big pimple come up on my cheek, I didnt it relate that pimple to the product until yesterday I felt ANOTHER godzilla size pimple coming through on my cheek on the other side of my face. Today its here in all its glory. NO, I know its this foundation breaking my skin out. Wont be putting it on another time to test the theory, going in the trash! Spend a few more dollars and buy a product with some skin beneficial ingredients!
Liesl G.
Review for: Rose Ivory more...
This is pretty much my every-day go to foundation.  It's very affordable at about $6.29 (I get mine at CVS and there normally is another deal as well).  It gives you a nice medium coverage with a matte finish.  I did accidentally buy the wrong shade the first time but luckily since this is so affordable I didn't feel bad about trying again and I found "Rose Ivory" which worked well for me and my cool undertones.  I am not a big fan of the smell of the foundation but once it's on my face I really can't smell it anymore.   I personally don't have issues with break-outs or drying out my skin with this product.  I prefer to use a beauty blender over a brush,  I feel with the beauty blender it blends into my skin better where as the brush starts to make it look a little painted on.
My biggest complaint is that it tends to cake up in my smile lines if I'm not careful.  What I have been doing to try to prevent the caking in smile lines is instead of putting it directly onto my face then blending out, I now put the make up on my palm (I'm sure you could use a tray as well) then dip my beauty blender in and then blending it onto my face.  It goes on fairly light that way but then I can build it up where I need more coverage.  After putting on concealer I then quickly set my foundation and concealer.

If I was looking for a full coverage foundation that looks flawless in every way I would give it three stars. But in the idea of and affordable everyday foundation I give this product five stars.

Emily B.
Brighton, MA
Review for: Nude Ivory more...
I have been searching for a perfect foundation for my skin all my life. I was curious about this foundation because of its hype and the low low price. So let’s start with the pros:

PROS:
-medium/good coverage
-very inexpensive
-spatula applicator (easy to use)

I have acne and skin with a pink undertone that I am always trying to correct and cover. The coverage isn’t bad and you can use a relatively small amount of product on skin. The price is amazing, definitely the most inexpensive foundation I have ever tried. The spatula applicator makes it easy to use a blender to put this foundation on and doesn’t waste a lot of product.

CONS:
-weird smell
-doesn’t dry/absorb quickly
-does break down after a day

However, this foundation does have a bit of a paint smell, it’s not noticeable when it is dry but when first putting it on you definitely have to get used to it. This foundation takes a while to sink into the skin and dry. So putting powder over or contouring needs to be done after a period of waiting. Lastly the foundation does break down mostly around the nose and mouth after a day and gives almost a peeling skin look.

OVERALL:
This foundation is ok. The price is great so if you are on a budget it’s perfect, however I’m not sure if I would buy it again. I am going to try and remedy the negatives with a face primer to see if it’ll help the breakdown.
Michelle L.
Review for: Other more...
I am kind of on the fence when it comes to this foundation. This is a really affordable foundation and I love the price point. It's got a nice, matte finish that doesn't make me super shiny even hours after first applying. But one of the things that's really hard to tolerate is the scent of it. I don't know how else to describe it other than saying it smells like paint, actual paint. It's pretty strong and, although it fades out after some wear time, it's kind of offputting. I'm really not a fan of the paint smell. I also am a little disappointed with the fact that I don't have an exact match with this foundation. The closest I could get to my actual skintone was Soft Ivory, but the undertone was wrong for me. If they ever release more shades with yellow undertones I might grow to like this foundation a little more, but for now I'll pass on it. The foundation, otherwise, performed alright and offered good coverage. I also feel like noting that I did notice it sinking into some of my smile/fine lines. The applicator is not my favorite, I would prefer a pump over a spatula. I don't mind using the spatula, but it'd be nicer with a pump. Overall, it's an alright foundation for the affordable price. It's just not something I find myself reaching for.
Stella N.
houston
This is hands down my favorite foundation, not just from the drug store, but pretty much overall. Wet n’ Wild has really stepped their game up, do not under estimate them! Drugstore is really coming for the high end brands. Most of their products, much like this one, are vegan, and I’m pretty sure every single product is cruelty free.

I would say it’s a medium coverage foundation, but it has buildable coverage. Right now I’m using shade Nude Ivory, but it has a little bit too much of a pink undertone and I have more of a neutral undertone. I think if I mixed that and Porcelain it would be a perfect shade match. It’s pretty quick drying, so when applying I would work FAST. At first I thought l was applied best with a flat top brush, but I actually like using a beauty blender with it. It covers my redness and acne marks flawlessly as well.

The packaging is really high quality as well, it actually is nicer than some of my luxury Sephora brands. It’s a nice glass bottle with a plastic screw top. My only complaint with this packaging is that is has a spatula applicator and not a pump. It’s not as sanitary as I would like it to be. There is one fluid ounce of product, which is pretty much the standard for liquid foundation across the board from drugstore to high end.

The range has 20 shades online, and it could use some work for the deeper darker shades. In stores, I’ve noticed that there is only about 10 shades, which can be discouraging and disheartening for people of color who want to try this product.
Rose Marie B.
Philadelphia, PA
I have oily skin ( T-ZONE)
And let me tellllll you about this foundation...
I bought it thinking well it may it may not hold up but AYE, for the price WHAT THE HECK right?
Let’s give it a shot! I wanted something affordable and good!
Guys guys guys!!! Give this a shot trust me you will NOT be disappointed! Keep in mind we all have different skins but it is definitely WORTH A SHOT!
I personally love it, it sinks into the skin nicely..
I have pores on the upper cheek area and it did not enhance them at all...
It kept me matte which I love
I began to see oils after about 4 hours which blotting helped & brung it right back to life...
The only down side is that There are not a lot of shades :( but the one I picked up ( Caramel) worked perfect!
It worked well with my other products that are not from the company and that to me is very important because if you want something to work you want it it TO WORK with your normal routine... so THUMBS UP for me all the way... wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Review for: Porcelain more...
I’ve read such good things about this foundation so I was so excited to finally pick it up. It was roughly $4-5 (I don’t remember exactly) and you get 1.0 Fl Oz, so it is very very affordable.

It took me a minute to figure out how to get the lid off. I was expecting a cap leading to a pump, but it turned out to be a twist lid that has a spatula attached. I really really liked the spatula and how it applied. I’m not a huge fan of pumps, so I loved being able to just smear it directly on my face. This is where my list of good things end.

Once I applied it on my face, I instantly smelt wet paint. I sniffed the foundation, and the smell was coming from it. It literally smells like a freshly opened can of paint.

I then started blending it out, and it showed every single pore on my face. I tried every brush/sponge I have to try and get it blended out, but I never could. I finally just washed it off and put on a new foundation. This one felt so gross on my skin. Very thick, heavy, and goopy.

Once I come out of my winter skin and get my more hydrated summer skin, I’m hoping to try this again to see if it works better. As of now, I would never ever try this again. 1 Star is overrated to me.
UPDATE 4/6/18: Now that my skin is coming out of it's winder dehydration, I have been reaching for this and have been determined to make it work. I finally figured out how to apply it best, and I really really like the foundation now. I've figured out you have to put it on dot at a time, and blend it in after each dot is applied. I usually plop a bunch of foundation on my skin and then blend my whole face, so that is what I had to change to get this foundation to work. It has a beautiful coverage and pairs beautifully with the Wet N Wild Dewy primer. I recommend trying this product.
Courtney W.
Review for: Soft Ivory more...
I wanted to love this. After I put it on, contoured/highlighted my face, & did my eye makeup I LOVED it! I thought it made my skin so smooth and even. I combined Soft Ivory with Porcelain only on my highlight areas with a damp beauty blender. I then set it with Tarte’s Amazonian Clay powder foundation. With that said, this foundation didn’t last on my face. It didn’t just break down, it looked absolutely awful after a few hours. My forehead, around my nose, and my chin looked splotchier than they ever have. I needed to run into the mall yesterday after work & I was actually embarrassed to go out in public. It looked THAT bad. I also noticed that I had 3 new bumps on my face after washing it off. Not pimple per se, more of an allergic reaction or zits that hadn’t fully formed yet. I removed it using a Lush routine of 9 to 5, Just to Clarify mask, Eau Roma Water, Greased Lightening, & my secret weapon - Full of Grace. Luckily whatever was happening with the two zits on my chin is over. I do have a small mark between my eyes from the third new pimple. Overall it’s cheap, but it’s still not worth it.
Anne I.
Review for: Porcelain, Shell Ivory more...
I used to hate this but now I love it.
It's true. I managed to fall in love with this! At first (I have decently dry skin btw) it looked cakey and gross and would crease and not hold on top of any texture. I tried it several times and by the end of the day I wanted to dunk my head in a bucket of makeup remover! But then I decided to try mixing it with a face oil. Just one drop. (I saw Tati on YouTube do this, so she gets credit!) And oh my gosh did that make the world of difference. I don't know how, why, or what magic happened but I've been using this foundation almost every day since I found that trick. It does get a little greasy by the end of the day, but that's the same for all my foundations and I can say that this holds up better than most of my others.

So if you're struggling with this, give it a shot with some beauty oil and see how it goes! I usually dab some foundation on the back of my hand and then add the drop. Mix it together and apply with a damp sponge. *Miracles.*
It's not the most full coverage but it's about a medium cover. And so inexpensive! Way to go wet n wild!
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
Review for: Nude Ivory more...
I bought this just to try because I had heard really good things about it and everyone was so surprised at how well it worked. I must say though; the first time I tried wearing it- I did not like it. I don’t know why exactly, but I didn’t agree with what everyone was saying about it online. Until, just recently....
I ran out of my other foundation and decided to just give it another shot, and my opinions totally changed about it!! For under $8 it’s a pretty good foundation. It’s a medium coverage that is easily built up to full without looking cakey or feeling heavy. It doesn’t settle into any fine lines or creases either and doesn’t exaggerate my pores either. There isn’t a huge shade range to choose from, so some may have to mix a few shades to find one that matches their skin tone. I did find that it did transfer though a little easier than my other foundations and it did leave my skin kinda oily at the end of the day, so I did have to touch up a few times throughout the day. It’s more of a matte finish. It didn’t cause me to breakout either which I’m always paranoid about when trying any new foundations. So, if you’re looking for something that’s super adorable and easy to apply, I’d say give it a shot because, you’ll probably be surprised just like I was!
Chelsea D.
Agnus V.
Caldwell, TX
What type of coverage does this foundation give you?
Kathleen Y.
Inasse H.
I need a good foundation for my mixte skin, do you recommend me this one??
Michelle H.
Mundelein
Do you guys like the coverage of this foundation?