BY WET N WILD #16 in Liquid Foundation

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

• High-performing, breakthrough formula
  • Featuring light-adjusting complex to help prevent white cast in photos
  • Tested under 7 light conditions with and without the use of flash

• Are these available in stores, or online only?Which store...4 Answers
  • How many colors are in the shade range?4 Answers
AMBER R.
BAYTOWN, TX
Review for: Other more...
Mixed feelings!!! I picked this up while shopping at Walgreens. I saw the display, remembered Ive seen several youtubers review or mention this foundation... so i bought it to try it out.
#1 Packaging defective - First time opening the whole top lid part came off. I was like what the hell, well thats not good.
#2 Smell - Soon as I put the foundation on my skins, I noticed the smell of the foundation...which is not a good smell. I dont really know how to describe the smell, it's off-putting. YES, I know the product is 'inexpensive"...but it smells like the cheap makeup I bought when I was a kid at the .99 cent store or maybe like school paint. Idk but I didnt like the smell.
#3 Application - I actually really liked the application. Im a finger blender and it worked well. I dont like full coverage on a day to day basis. This was buildable in the areas where I have some light discoloration and still looked even in the areas where I used a light overlay of the product.
#4 Look of product on skin - I thought the foundation looked really nice, color matched well. Matt look, im not normally a strong "matt" look type, but i like it. Looks matt almost instantly.
#5 Wear of Product - Seemed to not dry down for a REALLY LONG TIME! Maybe like an hour and the foundation still felt sticky, even after powdering, still had this sticky slightly wet feel on face. Not great for blending other products on top like blush, contour/bronze, highlight, etc. Wear time b4 breaking down on a normal 8 hour work day, seemed to show signs of break down around chin ans nose before the day was over.
#6 BREAKOUT CITY!!! I dont have breakouts, almost never ever even when I was a teen. IF I so get a blemish it would be before/during my cycle and it would be in my chin or mouth area. I never break out on cheeks, forehead, nose NOT IN THE HISTORY of life. I dont have sensitive skin, i dont even have any blemish medication/products for me because all I use is anti-aging stuff. After 1 straight week of use I had a big pimple come up on my cheek, I didnt it relate that pimple to the product until yesterday I felt ANOTHER godzilla size pimple coming through on my cheek on the other side of my face. Today its here in all its glory. NO, I know its this foundation breaking my skin out. Wont be putting it on another time to test the theory, going in the trash! Spend a few more dollars and buy a product with some skin beneficial ingredients!
Liesl G.
Review for: Rose Ivory more...
This is pretty much my every-day go to foundation.  It's very affordable at about $6.29 (I get mine at CVS and there normally is another deal as well).  It gives you a nice medium coverage with a matte finish.  I did accidentally buy the wrong shade the first time but luckily since this is so affordable I didn't feel bad about trying again and I found "Rose Ivory" which worked well for me and my cool undertones.  I am not a big fan of the smell of the foundation but once it's on my face I really can't smell it anymore.   I personally don't have issues with break-outs or drying out my skin with this product.  I prefer to use a beauty blender over a brush,  I feel with the beauty blender it blends into my skin better where as the brush starts to make it look a little painted on.
My biggest complaint is that it tends to cake up in my smile lines if I'm not careful.  What I have been doing to try to prevent the caking in smile lines is instead of putting it directly onto my face then blending out, I now put the make up on my palm (I'm sure you could use a tray as well) then dip my beauty blender in and then blending it onto my face.  It goes on fairly light that way but then I can build it up where I need more coverage.  After putting on concealer I then quickly set my foundation and concealer.

If I was looking for a full coverage foundation that looks flawless in every way I would give it three stars. But in the idea of and affordable everyday foundation I give this product five stars.

Caz H.
Fort Worth, TX
Review for: Soft Beige, Classic Beige, Amber Beige more...
I have large pores on my nose and cheeks, texture on my forehead and the occasional breakout. My skin is combination, and I really struggle with foundations, both eith a good color match, and with a reasonable cover that feels good and doesn’t make my pores worse.

after killing time on YouTube, I bought this in soft beige. It was on sale at walgreens. I didn’t have high hopes for a drugstore foundation, especially one I paid 3 1/2 bucks for, but nothing to lose, right?
its amazing. The color, texture, staying power all compare with high end products that I have. I apply either with fingers or a beauty blender and it is truly flattering.
  I have now bought this in a couple of darker shades, as I’m getting more color in this Texas heat. Both the other shades perform equally well, and mix together beautifully too.
 (I have a glass candle plate reserved for mixing  my foundations, or using it as a palette instead of the back of my hands).
The product smells a little bad. Not expired bad, more like paint. It dissipates as you use the product and once it’s on, I can no longer detect the scent.
The finish is matte. It’s not the mattest of mattes, but dries down well and with good coverage and a smooth to the touch finish.
I’m often wary of drugstore foundation as I cannot usually try the colors for a color match. I spent a bit of time googling the shades before making my decision, as well as consulting findnation. It was worth it, I’m still amazed at how good a match this is.
walgreens and ulta have sales on regularly, which make this an even better deal. I love it!
Emily B.
Allston, MA
Review for: Nude Ivory more...
I have been searching for a perfect foundation for my skin all my life. I was curious about this foundation because of its hype and the low low price. So let’s start with the pros:

PROS:
-medium/good coverage
-very inexpensive
-spatula applicator (easy to use)

I have acne and skin with a pink undertone that I am always trying to correct and cover. The coverage isn’t bad and you can use a relatively small amount of product on skin. The price is amazing, definitely the most inexpensive foundation I have ever tried. The spatula applicator makes it easy to use a blender to put this foundation on and doesn’t waste a lot of product.

CONS:
-weird smell
-doesn’t dry/absorb quickly
-does break down after a day

However, this foundation does have a bit of a paint smell, it’s not noticeable when it is dry but when first putting it on you definitely have to get used to it. This foundation takes a while to sink into the skin and dry. So putting powder over or contouring needs to be done after a period of waiting. Lastly the foundation does break down mostly around the nose and mouth after a day and gives almost a peeling skin look.

OVERALL:
This foundation is ok. The price is great so if you are on a budget it’s perfect, however I’m not sure if I would buy it again. I am going to try and remedy the negatives with a face primer to see if it’ll help the breakdown.
Michelle L.
Review for: Other more...
I am kind of on the fence when it comes to this foundation. This is a really affordable foundation and I love the price point. It's got a nice, matte finish that doesn't make me super shiny even hours after first applying. But one of the things that's really hard to tolerate is the scent of it. I don't know how else to describe it other than saying it smells like paint, actual paint. It's pretty strong and, although it fades out after some wear time, it's kind of offputting. I'm really not a fan of the paint smell. I also am a little disappointed with the fact that I don't have an exact match with this foundation. The closest I could get to my actual skintone was Soft Ivory, but the undertone was wrong for me. If they ever release more shades with yellow undertones I might grow to like this foundation a little more, but for now I'll pass on it. The foundation, otherwise, performed alright and offered good coverage. I also feel like noting that I did notice it sinking into some of my smile/fine lines. The applicator is not my favorite, I would prefer a pump over a spatula. I don't mind using the spatula, but it'd be nicer with a pump. Overall, it's an alright foundation for the affordable price. It's just not something I find myself reaching for.
Desiree T.
Antelope , CA
Review for: Porcelain more...
Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation is the newest foundation in my collection. I'm a bit late to the cult following behind this product, but the rave reviews and a possible cheap alternative to my beloved Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation drove me to finally finding out to myself if the hype was behind this product was really true.

I have combination skin, which I find is typically the most versatile when testing out new foundations. I chose the shade "Porcelain" which is for fair skin tones with warm undertones. Immediately you can tell that it's yellow-based, but not a muddy yellow, so I liked that.

I was absolutely stunned by the coverage of this foundation! This is a full coverage foundation that feels like you're wearing nothing on your skin. It sets to a beautiful, soft and demi-matte finish, unlike the MUFE Ultra HD Foundation, which is more dewy. This foundation doesn't break apart on my face at all and lasts me 8 hours plus on my face before I have to touch up with a bit of powder on my t-zone. I'm very impressed, for five dollars, this is a must have and I will continue to repurchase this!

This foundation is definitely made for combination to oily skin types. You can only tell you're wearing it as you're applying it because it does have a strong, unpleasant chemical-like scent, but that smell doesn't linger, so it's not a deal breaker. There's no way I'm backing away from this!
Rose Marie B.
Philadelphia, PA
I have oily skin ( T-ZONE)
And let me tellllll you about this foundation...
I bought it thinking well it may it may not hold up but AYE, for the price WHAT THE HECK right?
Let’s give it a shot! I wanted something affordable and good!
Guys guys guys!!! Give this a shot trust me you will NOT be disappointed! Keep in mind we all have different skins but it is definitely WORTH A SHOT!
I personally love it, it sinks into the skin nicely..
I have pores on the upper cheek area and it did not enhance them at all...
It kept me matte which I love
I began to see oils after about 4 hours which blotting helped & brung it right back to life...
The only down side is that There are not a lot of shades :( but the one I picked up ( Caramel) worked perfect!
It worked well with my other products that are not from the company and that to me is very important because if you want something to work you want it it TO WORK with your normal routine... so THUMBS UP for me all the way... wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation
Melanie W.
Review for: Porcelain more...
I absolutely love this foundation. I had seen it in stores and always wondered if it was any good, and then I heard good reviews from YouTubers so I gave it a shot. I prefer a more full coverage foundation and this is very buildable, which is great. The color (porcelain) matches my skin perfectly, and it seems to last all day as long as I use powder and setting spray. I prefer a matte look, so I always powder after applying, so I think that helps dry it down faster. The spatula applicator is something I've never seen before, but so far is working well for me. I day spots of foundation on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose then blend it out with a "off brand" beauty blender. It takes a bit of blending for me, but that's no problem. My typical morning routine takes 5-10 minutes, and despite taking more time to blend my routine doesn't take any longer than usual. I haven't noticed any smell that bothered me from this foundation. To me, it smells just like any other cheaper foundation. I love the way this looks and feels on and the price is amazing. I definitely intend to keep purchasing this foundation. I definitely recommend.
Chris T.
Review for: Golden Beige more...
I would try this again because it is so cheap.  $4.68 at Walmart and this product does have $1.00 off  coupons!   A foundation for $3.68?!  I originally got Golden Beige, but it is a bit too dark for me (little too orange).  The color I needed was not available, so I will keep an eye out for a lighter shade and try again.  I forgot to take my sample with me to the store.
The coverage is light/medium.  I was able to get it to medium, but not full coverage because I did not want to look cakey.  The product does come with a spatula built into the lid, I like that since it is better than using your fingers or no pump.  This foundation does have a paint like smell, but it does go away when it dries.  I was worried this would break me out because of the smell, but I only used this for a 14 hour day.  So not sure with continuous use if breakout will occur.
The color will oxidize a bit, so pick a shade a bit lighter.
I was comparing this side by side with Estee Lauder double wear on my face, because EL is my holy grail foundation.  For 14 hours, the performance was quite comparable.  This foundation did help to control my oils.  I did not get greasy at all.  It did disappear on the area that I did a second coat.  My freckles and sun spots started to peek through, while they were still hidden on the EL side.
But for the price, I say give it a try.

Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Review for: Porcelain more...
I’ve read such good things about this foundation so I was so excited to finally pick it up. It was roughly $4-5 (I don’t remember exactly) and you get 1.0 Fl Oz, so it is very very affordable.

It took me a minute to figure out how to get the lid off. I was expecting a cap leading to a pump, but it turned out to be a twist lid that has a spatula attached. I really really liked the spatula and how it applied. I’m not a huge fan of pumps, so I loved being able to just smear it directly on my face. This is where my list of good things end.

Once I applied it on my face, I instantly smelt wet paint. I sniffed the foundation, and the smell was coming from it. It literally smells like a freshly opened can of paint.

I then started blending it out, and it showed every single pore on my face. I tried every brush/sponge I have to try and get it blended out, but I never could. I finally just washed it off and put on a new foundation. This one felt so gross on my skin. Very thick, heavy, and goopy.

Once I come out of my winter skin and get my more hydrated summer skin, I’m hoping to try this again to see if it works better. As of now, I would never ever try this again. 1 Star is overrated to me.
UPDATE 4/6/18: Now that my skin is coming out of it's winder dehydration, I have been reaching for this and have been determined to make it work. I finally figured out how to apply it best, and I really really like the foundation now. I've figured out you have to put it on dot at a time, and blend it in after each dot is applied. I usually plop a bunch of foundation on my skin and then blend my whole face, so that is what I had to change to get this foundation to work. It has a beautiful coverage and pairs beautifully with the Wet N Wild Dewy primer. I recommend trying this product.
Chelsea D.
Agnus V.
Caldwell, TX
What type of coverage does this foundation give you?
Kathleen Y.
Bianca S.
La Joya, TX
Does anyone else get back textures with this foundation? Ive tried it with a brush the artist brush and real techniques sponge and i dont think it looks at pretty as everyone brags about.
Michelle H.
Mundelein
Do you guys like the coverage of this foundation?

back