BY WESTJET #13 in Airlines

• Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Rucheera P.
Edmonton, AB
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I travelled recently on westjet and lived the experience. The cabin crew was very helpful and the flights are very affordable within Canada and if you are travelling from Canada to USA. Overall it's a very good option if you are a frequent flyer.
Tenisha R.
Saskatoon , SK
I love west jet! I have never had a bad experience with them. One time I missed read my flight time, totally my fault, and they did all they could to get me to my destination on time. Their staff is so friendly and positive. I will always flying with them!
The P.
I have conflicting experiences with WestJet. I have had great experiences with them where customer service was excellent and the in flight comfort was great. However, I've also experienced absolutely horrendous customer service at the counter.
Lee W.
Sarnia, ON
I took this particular company for the first time last summer when I went to visit my Dad in the Yukon. The seats were nice and roomy, lots of leg room, & the staff were on point. I love how once you're in the air you can connect to the internet and watch their version of Netflix. Lots of options of movies/tv shows to choose from. Only cons, in my opinion, if you wanted food, you needed to order it by a certain date and if you wanted any drinks you can't pay them in cash. It's a cashless flight, credit cards only.
Jennifer T.
Maple ridge, BC
Very impressed with the service. Staff were friendly and well knowledged about the services provided. The flight was clean and enjoyable. There were no delays and both trips were equally pleasant. The food was decent but a little high priced.
Laura V.
Charlottetown
West jet is my favourite airline to fly with because they are so accommodating. My father is physically disabled and WestJet employees always go above and beyond to ensure that he is comfortable and that his equipment is handled with care.
SALIA J.
Victoria
Flights were fine I think there wasn't any significant delays. There's no food provided for long flights which is annoying especially when their menu is very average but quite expensive. They have a good movie selection but I don't remember getting an email or any notice giving me a heads up that I needed to install the app before boarding so had no entertainment on the way there (I think the flight attendant might have said it but my headphones were in whoops).
Ceilidh M.
Kitchener, ON
It’s still quite expensive to fly across Canada. At least with west jet the staff is friendly, they offer wifi or movies through their app. Unless you pick the more expensive fare you do have to pay $25 for each checked bag you bring.
Shelene W.
Wetaskiwin , AB
I’ve had a lot of bad experiences with this air line. Several times they have been less than expected. The last time I flew with them I ended up being 4 hours delayed and was already booked on a really late flight. WestJet
Sarah T.
Timberlea, Nova Scotia
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
West Jets flights are awesome! They give a safety demo like no other and it will have you laughing and get you comfortable before your flight. The flight attendants are very friendly! I'd highly recommend flying with West Jet!
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?