BY WESTJET #12 in Airlines

• Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Jessi M.
Waterloo, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew westjet years ago when I went to Mexico with my boyfriend and his family. There were a ton of movies to choose from, the seats were comfy, and the staff was kind! The food was okay but I imagine airplane food isn’t ever amazing. I’m terrified of flying but I had a really good experience with this company!
Ashley K.
I travelled with Westjet when I was moving provinces with my 1 year old son, service was friendly and helpful, they helped me with my carry ons and 1 of the attendants held my son when I had to go through security checks. Overall the flight was short and went smoothly as I had a lot of help. Thank you west jet.
Stephanie P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Great family friendly airline. easy to book, checkin and boarding go quite easily. I'm not a huge fan of the jokes they tell on the plane, but I've always felt safe and have no other concerns with them.
Sarah B.
Edmonton , AB
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
LOVE westjet! Time after time I have been wowed by the customer service, helpfulness and prices of this airline. Flight options are great, the team members are great and the inflight experience is comfortable. I’m super brand loyal to these guys and will continue to fly with them! Family friendly as well!
Lindsay E.
Winnipeg , MB
On my flight home from Las Vegas there was a short delay to boarding because of a mechanical problem, find they’ll fix it. Then we get on the plane and the pilot tells us he needs to fill out paperwork, a hour later in the +44c heat with no a/c we leave. We were dripping sweat. The flight attendants however were great, you could tell they were also very hot and handed out cups of water.
If you know you’re not ready to go, DONT BOARD US!!!
Skye S.
Calgary
Loved using the tablets on the plane to watch movies and shows on my trip to New York. Reasonable price to rent them aswell and great selection of movies ! They had yummy food choices on the plane aswell !! The only thing was that the new planes were supposed to have working wifi but they didn’t yet
Megan O.
Grande Prairie , AB
Oh man I love Westjet! From checking in your luggage to actually flying the staff are wonderful! They’re always happy, kind & do they’re best to help you with whatever you need. I can honestly say I’ve never had a bad experience on a westjet flight. They are my first choice airline every time!
Kayla F.
Ottawa
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have always considered West Jet to be of less quality than Air Canada, but I was wrong. West jet has more leg room on average and the seats are much comfier.
In terms of customer service they were pretty awful when they added 8+ hours to my travel to Mexico 4 hours before the first flight was supposed to take off (yes 4 HOURS). The WestJet employee was astounded I had never had this happen to me before because apparently it is “common” for them to do this to people.
I still think it is the lesser of 2 evils when compared to AirCanada since we really have no choice from Canada.
💫Jennifer k.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Westjet is the perfect airline. All those commercials you see other airlines put out boasting themselves up to look like the best, that’s westjet. The employees are nice the flight attendants are lovely. They’re a friendly company all around and I won’t fly anyone else if westjet flies there.
Selena Y.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This is one of my preferred airlines. The reps are usually friendly and happy, they'd sing happy birthday if you were flying on your bday. I also like that they usually offer direct flights. I used to volunteer at the airport and we were told never to help Air Canada customers, but needed to instead bring them to an Air Canada rep to help them. Apparently their staff reported the volunteers on a monthly basis for doing what should be Air Canada reps' jobs. Westjet reps, on the other hand, were always friendly to the volunteers. Their booths were beside each other and it was like night and day.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?