BY WESTJET #12 in Airlines

• Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Sandy S.
Dublin, Ireland
Westjet is a good option. It's not always the cheapest option though. I liked how they approached their bag charging- lots and lots of notice.
The food you buy on the plane is crap- get stuff in the airport. Also, the leg room is really, really bad. I'm six feet tall and my height is in my legs and it's literally the worst.
Sherry M.
Lawrencetown , NS
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
We travel a lot and I would say we use West Jet most of the time. Great friendly customer service and a lot of times you can get seat sales. Never have had a problem getting a flight to any destination we have wanted to travel to.
Nikki W.
I flew Westjet once and was very happy with it. I also love the way they give ack at Christmas. And I know it's done for a good viral commercial and advertising but it's still nice. I am, however, extremely disappointed in the new charges for baggage. I thought they would be the one company to get it and avoid those charges.
Leanna R.
John D'or Prairie, Alberta
Over the holidays I had to make a trip across the country, despite horror stories from other travellers I experienced minimal delays, my luggage was all accounted for and didn't have any additional fees. Good trip over all :)
Melissa D.
Toronto, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have flown West Jet a few times in the past. Recently I used West Jet for their Cargo services to fly my dog from Toronto to Halifax. The service I received over the phone as well as in person at the Cargo Deck was great! Everyone was friendly and I felt that both myself and my dog were very well taken care of.
Michelle Z.
Toronto , ON
Pretty good air line it's clean, good staff, food was alright I guess not that I ate it... My experience with west jet has always been good and I do book with them still although they are not my favorite airline to fly with
Terryn S.
Winnipeg, MB
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I enjoy the service I get from West Jet. Their website makes it very easy to book flights, the staff is always friendly and helpful at the airports and the price is right. I always choose West Jet over AirCanada because I know I am getting a better bang for my buck. I also booked a full vacation package through them, and it was the best, easiest and most relaxing vacation because their employees made everything simple.
Sabrina S.
Kelowna, BC
My preferred Airline! I even got their rewards MasterCard because I travel with them so often. A really reliable and helpful team of flight attendants, pilots and check in agents! Great customer service, humour and customer retention campaigns. It really seems like West Jet cares about their customers.
Ashley P.
Westjet is my favorite airline for travel within Canada. It used to consistently beat Air Canada price-wise and that is no longer the case, but the service is better than Air Canada both in air and on the ground.
Jacki L.
Winnipeg, Canada
I have yet to have a bad flight with WestJet... Their staff are fantastic (one flight crew serenaded us as during a Christmas flight), the company cares about their passengers (3 hour delay due to bad weather so they bought everyone dinner even though it wasn't their fault), and they are always super friendly and helpful when you are onboard. I fly several times a year and if I have the option, I always fly WestJet.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?