BY WESTJET #12 in Airlines

• Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Sarah F.
Saskatoon, SK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
West Jet is a pretty decent airline, but I've had a few not-so-great experiences. Nothing horrible, but there are other airlines that have been much better. I've have my seat bumped simply because I was "small and wouldn't mind sitting in the middle, right?" No. Rude. The seats aren't as comfy as other airlines, and the staff isn't as friendly. However, they do fly to more locations near me than other airlines, so I have to go with them sometimes. Their prices are quite competitive too, so when I need to be extremely economical the choice is sometimes West Jet. Not my first choice airline, but still a decent option.
Lara K.
Victoria , BC
Flying with them on short flights are okay, but flying with them on longer duration of flights can be frustrating as you do have to pay extra for food and entertainment (movies,games, etc)
Jade D.
Calgary, AB
My family has always flown westjet because of the excellent service. I have never had an issue with a westjet flight, and the staff are always accommodating and make you feel like family!
Kristen B.
I’m always pleased with WestJet they’re service on and off the flight is always great. The prices for flights are always the best. If any airline is getting my business it’s WestJet first.
Lynsey B.
Uxbridge, ON
Attendants are very helpful and make you feel important. Once they allowed my brother to sing Christmas carols with the whole plane over the PA system at Christmas. Very good airline.
Katrina G.
Calgary, AB
We’re always with West Jet when we’re flying out to the States and so far we haven’t had any bad experience. Service is okay, food is meh (well if your paying for coach what do you expect)
Rebecca G.
Peterborough, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've only ever flown once and it was with Westjet.. It was an ok experience.. I ended up sitting with two men (one on each side who were rather large), the attendants could see that we were squished in there. One of the of the gentlemen asked if he could switch seats (there was a lot of vacant seats as we were flying from Edmonton to Toronto at 5am and the attendant told him no, unless he wanted to pay additional fees. I really have nothing to compare it to but.. I think if there was plenty of seats one of us should have been able to move for comfort lol. Sorry for rambling..
Berni W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
West Jet is my favourite air line while travelling in Canada. My family usually updates to plus seating which gets you unlimited food and beverage which we find well worth the extra fair plus you get head phones. Plus seating also you gets you extra leg room in the seats. Regardless of whether you upgrade or not I always find west jet staff to be very accommodating and friendly and the service is always good and planes are always clean. Additionally I find the regular seating in west jet planes to be more spacious than competitors. I would definitely recommend this airline.
Carrie B.
Strasbourg
I always fly westjet, great price, excellent service always friendly and willing to help. I had a bad experience once with air canada and refuse to fly with them ever again. I have had No problems with westjet, they offer lots of routes and usually the best price.
Paula S.
Calgary, AB
I have flown with WestJet for as long as I can remember and they are always the first choice for me! The staff are the kindest people I have ever dealt with in the airline industry.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?