BY WESTJET #13 in Airlines

• Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Vanessa F.
Richmond
This is definitely the best airline company I’ve used! I’ve been flying with them by myself since I was 8 years old (thanks split up parents!). They used to have this VIP system for anyone under the age of 12, where you’d be escorted by a flight attendant to and from the plane. I grew up with the WestJet family, and they’re always so kind and willing to help. Never had any issues with luggage either!
Forzat D.
Windsor, ON
When i went to Calgary last year from Windsor, ON to help my daughter move there . I was so happy that it was a direct flight available. The crew was so helpful and pleasant to talk to and they always had a smile on their faces and where willingto answer any of our questions. I would recommend to fly with them always if they were a carrier that flies to the destination we are going to.
Jodi C.
Airdrie , AB
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The best airline there is out there! They are amazing with customer service, fantastic with kids and always super helpful! I travel with 4 kids and they help me when they are sleeping to carry things off the plane. The stroller is always right at the gate when I need it and my luggage is always taken care of and never damaged! I 10000% recommend this airline over any other!
Anna W.
Calgary
Best airline in the sky’s. Always gets me where I’m going and where I need to be. They are friendly caring and some of the best people you can fly with. Would definitely recommend. If you want a relaxing trip. Westjet is the way to go. Oh and in regards to where Ive traveled from Dominican Republic , Florida, San Fransisco to La. Travel is one of my main passions.
Karlie N.
Sarnia, ON
West jet is my go to! I love that they have wifi, tv, tablets you can purchase if you don’t hVe your own device. I redo and west jet to many family and friends. Their planes are always clean, refreshing and they have up to date service to offer. Flying with west jet is an easy experience and a happy one. I continue to fly with them if I have the travel option.
Alexandra 🌹.
Calgary
For the most part west jet is a consistent airline and the staff is always especially nice. On my most recent flight though from Calgary, AB to Belize city, Belize they no longer offer included TV's pr programming for entertainment. You have to either "rent" a tablet for movies or pay for Wifi.. I thought as well that once a flight was over 3 ours or so you get a meal option or at least a hearty snack which is no longer available. The only thing complimentary anymore are cookies and pretzels which doesn't really hold you over on a 6 hour flight. Also.. the purchased meals you can get were sold out by the 11th row of the flight. I enjoy West Jet overall and their employees are always really fun but some of the changes they've made I'm not a fan of at all.
Saige E.
Kelowna, BC
I may be a bit biased since I work for the airline but the main reason I went to westjet in the first place was because I travelled with them regularly. They truly go above and beyond when it comes to customer service, everyone I have dealt with is extremely friendly and they do anything and everything they can to create a connection.
Michelle B.
Stony plain, AB
I have travelled with west jet many times now, and I have had no problems with them. The crew is always super helpful and always have a smile on their face. The only complaint I have is about the pricing on the website. It’s shows one price, then when you go further it shows a different price. But overall I would recommend them!
Kelly S.
Carbonear, NL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
WestJet is my all time favourite airline to fly with!  Although we only have a few choices here in Newfoundland and Labrador, WestJet tops the list by far.  Superb customer service, great flights, and excellent vacations and prices.  With a trip coming up in 2 days, I am at ease that we're flying with WestJet!
Jessi M.
Waterloo, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew westjet years ago when I went to Mexico with my boyfriend and his family. There were a ton of movies to choose from, the seats were comfy, and the staff was kind! The food was okay but I imagine airplane food isn’t ever amazing. I’m terrified of flying but I had a really good experience with this company!
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?