BY WESTJET #11 in Airlines

• Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Taeler S.
Calgary , AB
Every time I have flown we used west jet. Never had any problems, and we always have great service from check in to landing. When my brother and I flew alone as kids they made us a little blanket and pillow “fort” to help keep us happy.
Sergio V.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Well it is a love hate relationship with WestJet. Crew and check in stuff friendly but problem with them is that they are most of the time are way too much. J get it that they are trying to be different, but personally safety on board is something, in my opinion that should be taken seriously and not the place to make jokes. But again it is my opinion. As well they are trying to make everyone laugh and so on, but it is annoying always over The public system especially on night flights. Entertainment system is very poor. Have to pay for movies, Tv-channels are free but sometimes they are not available. As well down side is that there are no complimentary meals on Europe bound flights. That's a first in my experience. And a lot of delays if you fly Europe bound. Other than that it is descent.
Shelene W.
Wetaskiwin , AB
I’ve had a lot of bad experiences with this air line. Several times they have been less than expected. The last time I flew with them I ended up being 4 hours delayed and was already booked on a really late flight. WestJet
Trini S.
Delta, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Amazing staff. Used them after my mom died to be with family and I was a mess, they comforted me so much. Then when taking my moms ashes to Mexico to burry they were amazing and took such good care of the ashes and my kids and I.
Paige G.
Clarenville, NL
I refuse to fly with any other airline, WestJet is fantastic. It’s much more affordable and comfortable then any other other airline I’ve flown with. The aircraft is clean, comfortable and the service you receive is exceptional.
Leah C.
Thunder Bay, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Love Westjet! Living up north, it’s often hard to find affordable flight options, but Westjet makes flying around the world at a reasonable cost a reality! Service has always been good, and whenever I’ve had delays or cancellations, I’ve always been compensated and received awesome customer service.
Lindsay B.
Burnaby, BC
I flew Westjet to Hawaii for my wedding trip. I didn't like that there wasn't a first class option so we booked as premium of seats as we could get. I phoned ahead to make sure my wedding dress would be stowed in a spot that wouldn't damage it and was told they would stick it in the pilot's closet. When boarding the plane they told me the closet was full and I would have to put my dress in the overhead compartment. The employees were extremely rude about my concern for my dress and kept telling me it would be fine.
During the 5 hour flight people kept going in and out of the compartment and hitting my dress with their luggage. I brought the issue to the flight attendants and they told me that's the risk of flying with my dress. I will be looking at using a different airline the next time I go to Hawaii
Michelle P.
The price is very convenient and the service too but the options on the plane on food are not that interesting, the technology is very good u can use apps tu entertain your kids everything else is just right WestJet
becks m.
West jet is the best airline company I’ve flown with because they are so kind with changing flight or different seats and just making your flight as enjoyable as possible and in my experience have done a successful job !!
Dreena P.
Edmonton, AB
Not a bad airline all things considered. Not my first choice but definitely not my last. Last time I flew they rebooked me and I ended up with a ridiculously long layover though and lost a day off my holiday to travel.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?