BY WESTJET #13 in Airlines

• Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 16 Answers
Dana
Prince George, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I find west jet not only flexible but affordable and the staff is amazing. They go above and beyond like Canadian Airlines used to before the merger with air Canada
Kayla T.
Hands down they have the best customer service of any airline I have ever had to travel with. They are so friendly, accommodating and make travels less stressful.
chelleylaura
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Great Canadian company! I usually check them first when booking flights somewhere. I find the staff to be friendly and I like the fact that you still get a little snack on board too. The little things go a long way!
Jennifer C.
North Bay
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have never had a bad experience with Westjet. Flying inside and outside Canada I would choose no one else. Their staff is so great and their prices are the best.
SALIA J.
Victoria
Flights were fine I think there wasn't any significant delays. There's no food provided for long flights which is annoying especially when their menu is very average but quite expensive. They have a good movie selection but I don't remember getting an email or any notice giving me a heads up that I needed to install the app before boarding so had no entertainment on the way there (I think the flight attendant might have said it but my headphones were in whoops).
Mia G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
WestJet was my favourite airline, they had excellent customer service, cleaner planes than other airlines that flew within Canada, and were generally around the same price as "cheaper" airlines. However in the last few years I've noticed that customer service hasn't been the same, it's been a lot of hits and misses. For every friendly WestJet agent, I've run into two or three not so friendly Westjet agents. Mind you they're not as terrible as other airlines, but I think they really need to re-evaluate their customer service skills, because they're starting to lose that friendly, we care attitude that made WestJet great.
Shan B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They were an amazing airline to travel with! The get you ready for your holiday by giving the best service. They are a go to when choosing an airline for a vacation. The prices aren’t always the best but waiting for a sale is worth it.
Alexandra 🌹.
Calgary
For the most part west jet is a consistent airline and the staff is always especially nice. On my most recent flight though from Calgary, AB to Belize city, Belize they no longer offer included TV's pr programming for entertainment. You have to either "rent" a tablet for movies or pay for Wifi.. I thought as well that once a flight was over 3 ours or so you get a meal option or at least a hearty snack which is no longer available. The only thing complimentary anymore are cookies and pretzels which doesn't really hold you over on a 6 hour flight. Also.. the purchased meals you can get were sold out by the 11th row of the flight. I enjoy West Jet overall and their employees are always really fun but some of the changes they've made I'm not a fan of at all.
Marina O.
London , ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Westjet is the cheapest option when flying in Canada and from canada to the US. However it is really annoying that they have delays and the play with the gate change every time. On top of that, they just cancel flights if they are not convenient enough for their schedule. Last time they cancelled our flight about 90 minutes before we took off. No reason whatsoever. No weather conditions. They would not say why. I was waiting on the line for over an hour to speak with an agent to not get any answers from her (not her fault) either. When I told them that I have to work the following morning and that I might lose my job they just said “we are sorry to hear that”. Super enjoying.
Jessica B.
Winnipeg
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have never had a complaint on WestJet. I find their service to be impeccable it’s an A+ ride for me to and from my destinations when ever I book with WestJet. They provide in-flight entertainment as well as snacks and an option to buy food with cash still. I believe they go above and beyond to satisfy the customers with competitive pricing right that beat out any of the closest competition. They do this all without sacrificing the service to the customer. WestJet is also a growing company so as it grows more flights are introduced to more destinations at lower prices giving flyers more options for destinations and getaways.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Tania H.
Winnipeg, MB
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?