BY WESTJET

• Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 16 Answers
Kassy D.
Vancouver, BC
I love flying with WestJet! I’ve never had a negative experience with this carrier. The staff are always very friendly, professional and accommodating. Their destination list is ever expanding and now they have a budget carrier that offers more affordable flights within Canada which is super awesome because it’s so expensive to fly within my own country! Also, their Christmas campaigns are amazing!
Vanessa F.
Richmond
This is definitely the best airline company I’ve used! I’ve been flying with them by myself since I was 8 years old (thanks split up parents!). They used to have this VIP system for anyone under the age of 12, where you’d be escorted by a flight attendant to and from the plane. I grew up with the WestJet family, and they’re always so kind and willing to help. Never had any issues with luggage either!
Q P.
Chatham
Booked a last minute flight for super cheap, around 400$ round trip. Layovers were exhausting since it was so last minute, each at least being 6 hours long. But, the attendants were sweet, the pilots were kind and careful. I would suggest bringing your own snacks, just in case you fall asleep while they are doing snacks and water rounds. Seats seemed to be a bit cramped, but almost all planes are!
Samantha C.
Calgary, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Westjet is the way to fly!! They are without a doubt my favourite airline. I fly with Westjet frequently and will book with them over another airline even when the price is higher just because the customer service is absolutely outstanding, whether you are in the airport, on the plane, or on the phone with an agent! Because the are my airline of choice I decided to get the Westjet RBC MasterCard which I also highly recommend!
Chris M.
We used westjet for our Mexico vacation we flew from Vancouver BC to Cancun. The flight was delayed by almost 2 hours before take off due to an issue once it was fixed we took off. The flight was great and had no more issues.
2 or 3 days later we got an email stating that due to the delay we got money towards our next flight.
Thank you westjet. I would and do recommend using them for travel.
Tanya M.
West Vancouver, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I find WestJet really can be hit or miss...Being Canadian doesn't leave me with too many options, either them or Air Canada. I miss the days of the meals being included in your fare and the entertainment not costing extra if it is available at all. In addition, the customer service truly is hit or miss as I have experienced both. I will continue to fly with WestJet as I love to travel and it is a means to an end.
Forzat D.
Windsor, ON
When i went to Calgary last year from Windsor, ON to help my daughter move there . I was so happy that it was a direct flight available. The crew was so helpful and pleasant to talk to and they always had a smile on their faces and where willingto answer any of our questions. I would recommend to fly with them always if they were a carrier that flies to the destination we are going to.
Jenny  A.
Oliver , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Westjet has been a favourite of mine for years. Great staff, great prices, and clean and fun planes that truly backup everything that Westjet sells. Truly an amazing company that gives back to all the communities that help them thrive. Also if any problem with any connecting flights, delays etc. Westjet will truly go the extra mile to make sure their customers are taken care of. #thankyou
Sara B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have not flown much in my life but I do want to fly more and I have flown on Westjet a couple of times- when they have sales the flights are a great price however I find their sales are sometimes confusing or trick you into thinking there is more available then there really is. However, I would fly on Westjet again as I am currently looking into flights for a vacation.
Kylie R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
WestJet is one of those amazing companies that make your traveling easy, convenient and comfortable. They have one of the best service teams out there and you can tell they really value you and care! They truly are a people company. Always my first choice for all. My travel needs.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?