BY WESTJET #11 in Airlines

• I have a 12 hour flight coming up and I was wondering if ...3 Answers
  • Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Abbey S.
Always preferred west jet, never had any problems with them
Comfy seats on plane and attendants are always super friendly!
Favourite part was the cookies and coffee
Shirley S.
kelowna
The staff are friendly, I find they have more direct flights than air canada offers for where I like to go, I use it at least 2 times a year, even went to Mexico with them and it was great service
Mia G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
WestJet was my favourite airline, they had excellent customer service, cleaner planes than other airlines that flew within Canada, and were generally around the same price as "cheaper" airlines. However in the last few years I've noticed that customer service hasn't been the same, it's been a lot of hits and misses. For every friendly WestJet agent, I've run into two or three not so friendly Westjet agents. Mind you they're not as terrible as other airlines, but I think they really need to re-evaluate their customer service skills, because they're starting to lose that friendly, we care attitude that made WestJet great.
Shan B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They were an amazing airline to travel with! The get you ready for your holiday by giving the best service. They are a go to when choosing an airline for a vacation. The prices aren’t always the best but waiting for a sale is worth it.
Krishna R.
Fort Mill , SC
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! I recently went to Toronto with Westjet from NY and my flight got delayed by hours and then ended up getting canceled. There were a bunch of people from the day before that were there because their flight got canceled and Westjet didn't offer them any accommodations because they blamed it on weather. The strange thing is that all the other flight going to Toronto with Air Canada were going out on time. Eventually I was put on a later flight along with Abby by of other people from my flight and they said they put our luggage on the new plane. Well when we arrived in Toronto our bags got lost. They also don't give ANY information or updates while we were waiting there in NY. It was so disorganized.
Marina O.
London , ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Westjet is the cheapest option when flying in Canada and from canada to the US. However it is really annoying that they have delays and the play with the gate change every time. On top of that, they just cancel flights if they are not convenient enough for their schedule. Last time they cancelled our flight about 90 minutes before we took off. No reason whatsoever. No weather conditions. They would not say why. I was waiting on the line for over an hour to speak with an agent to not get any answers from her (not her fault) either. When I told them that I have to work the following morning and that I might lose my job they just said “we are sorry to hear that”. Super enjoying.
caroline r.
I’ve flown westjet almost every time. I’ve never had a problem with this airline. My favourite part of flying with westjet would be the food. customer service was great.
Shae C.
I've flown with WestJet since I was a kid. We've never had a problem and the crew is always super friendly and kind. The flight is easy and hassle-free. I will continue to fly WestJet at every opportunity I get!
Jessica B.
Winnipeg
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have never had a complaint on WestJet. I find their service to be impeccable it’s an A+ ride for me to and from my destinations when ever I book with WestJet. They provide in-flight entertainment as well as snacks and an option to buy food with cash still. I believe they go above and beyond to satisfy the customers with competitive pricing right that beat out any of the closest competition. They do this all without sacrificing the service to the customer. WestJet is also a growing company so as it grows more flights are introduced to more destinations at lower prices giving flyers more options for destinations and getaways.
Sam S.
Burlington, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I'm very in the middle about Westjet. Nowhere did it say we had to pay for our baggage, to our surprise we paid $50 a bag to check..yikes. The price of the flight was unmatched though, we paid $280 from YYZ to LGW, never seen a price that low. So I shouldn't be complaining. But for a 7 hour flight their entertainment system is so bad, I couldn't use it because everyone was on the server trying to stream movies. The menu has a lot of food choices though and it was tasty but that comes at a large cost, because we all know how gourmet airplane food is...
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?