BY WESTJET #13 in Airlines

• Does Westjet charge for luggage like most other airlines?4 Answers
  • Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it? 15 Answers
Taylor D.
victoria,bc
There was a delay with one of our flights which meant we had to stay over night in Vancouver. They were so apologetic we really didn’t mind we had an extra day but they gave us all first class and paid for our dinner breakfast and our hotel. We were truly impressed
Caitlyn S.
I always travel with westjet. The planes are always so clean and the staff so friendly. Resonably priced and they always go where i need too. I was on a flight a few years ago, it was a late flight from Calgary to Edmonton. The plane was basically empty. One of the flight attendants was off duty on her flight home, and she sat beside a lone man, they struck up a conversation. During their conversation the man said that one of his brothers suddenly passed away, none of the rest of his family is capable of flying, so he was on his own because he didn't know how long it was going to take to get his affairs in order. I witnessed the most kind hearted flight attendant offer the man her "buddy pass" for when he gets everything in order and is needing to fly home. She gave the man her information, so he was able to contact her when it was his time to go home. I will never forget how the attendant went above and beyond for that man in his time of need.
Sharon M.
Winnipeg , MB
Seems we are always booking with Westjet, flights and vacations. Good variety of destinations for their vacation packages as well as flight options. Staff are always friendly and we enjoy the humor. Price drop protection is a nice added bonus as well, one that we have benefited from this past year. Customer service is extraordinary. Our most recent trip, we discovered a discrepancy in the description of resort rooms, which we brought to the attention of our WestJet Representative. She listened, understood and promised to look into it. Good to her word, we receive an email upon our arrival home with an unexpected and very pleasant resolution. We couldn't even get a response from another tour carrier on a previous occasion. WestJetcustomer service is unbeatable. Truly a company with staff that really enjoy what they do and care about giving back. Keep up the good work WestJet!
Chelci C.
Chilliwack , BC
I’ve flown with WestJet many many times. Attendants are always friendly and professional. We flew with 2 small children and the experience was perfect. Wifi on board was helpful in keeping the kids occupied.
Bree M.
I flew with them when I was a kid and I will never forget how nice everyone was to my sister and I! They really took amazing care of the 2 of us. Best service I've ever seen and I was a little kid !
Nisha T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
we fly with westjet all the time as its the most affordable and best airline ever we travel with. no matter where we go this is their airline they use and the customer service is great whether its on the phone or on the plane. highly recommend to everyone.
Anne D.
Chestermere
Westjet is the main airline that my family use whenever we travel. The staff that we have encountered, from the check-in to the gate agents and flight attendants, are always nice and helpful. I’ve never had a bad experience flying with Westjet.
Trista H.
Regina , Saskatchewan
For me it's was always Air Canada, Kayley it's always been WestJet, and I will never go back to Air Canada. I mainly love how WestJet cares for people in need and has helped people go see their families in time of need when they can't afford it.
Kayla F.
Halifax, NS
My preferred airline to fly. They are rarely delayed. Have great customer service. I actually get sad when I have to fly Air Canada. They have good rewards and discounts. Long haul flights are easy with their friendly staff and good snacks.
Taeler S.
Calgary , AB
Every time I have flown we used west jet. Never had any problems, and we always have great service from check in to landing. When my brother and I flew alone as kids they made us a little blanket and pillow “fort” to help keep us happy.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used West jet more than 4 times?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is WestJet cheaper to fly with? Would you recommend it?
Nicole T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How are the new baggage fees affecting your flight plans?
Nixcee B.
P C Beach, FL
What are the amenities on this flight?
Toni M.
Waterloo Ontario
When will we see a reduction in price to reflect all the non-service we'll be getting from now on? Did you ever consider just giving a reduced price of $25 to anyone who wasn't taking luggage?