Western Digital WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, Black uploaded by matthew c.Western Digital WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, Black uploaded by ana M.

BY WESTERN DIGITAL #1 in Hard Drives

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive: 2TB Expanded digital storage USB 3.0/2.0 interface Fast transfer speeds Automatic and cloud backup Plug and play What It Holds: Photos Up to 400,000 Music Up to 500,000 songs Video Up to 150 hours System Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 Mac OS X (requires formatting) What's Included: Hard Drive USB Cable WD SmartWare Pro software Soft pouch Quick Start Guide Support and Warranty: My Passport Hard Drive comes with a 3-year warranty 800 toll-free phone number for 24/7 customer service support see more...

• I'm looking for a hardrive to back up all my photos. I ta...1 Answers
  • Does it get hot after being plugged in a while?14 Answers
  • Is this easy to use? I need to back up my MAC to run an u...15 Answers
Nicholi W.
I've had this WD hard drive since June 2014 and I use it as external storage for my macbook pro. Having a macbook pro with only 256 gb hard drive is frustrating since I utilize my laptop for graphics and photography. Its nice plugging this small and portable external hard drive in, and moving files over fast and quickly. Sometimes if I don't plan on moving my laptop, I will leave my WD hard drive plugged in and work directly off of it! I highly recommend this affordable solution.
JayLynn E.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Techie Expert Level 2
I'm in photography and this device is the best tech i bought by far!!! If you love taking photos, downloading music or videos, filming or blogging, Youtube, whatever it may be that you need that extra storage room...this is the storage device for you. I love it! Its so easy to use. Just plug in the USB port to your computer and transfer whatever you need to add more space to your computer. Best investment and worth getting.
matthew c.
Techie Expert Level 2
These guys are the king of storage. They are on top of the game and creating Terrabytes for cheap. We as consumers usually get stuff a few years behind the government. These guys push their gear out pretty fast. They had a self USB powered external hard drive out years before any other brands had one. You used to have to have an additional power source plugged in as well. WD is a good brand.
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
I got this as my mac book pro had been acting up and its really delivered. i backed up my whole computer on there befeore I had the new hard drive installed. I have music, pictures, wedding pictures, and documents on there. I will say to set it up for a MAC you will have to call into their support line and get some help. Its a bit confusing and doesn't really tell you how to do it on the manual.
Abby H.
Hopatcong
Techie Expert Level 1
Such a reliable and well made hard drive. I trust that this will keep my stuff save and backed up. I like to use this for important pictures and videos. It is helpful for college students as well. The price was nice for the amount of storage you get.
CALVIN T.
Brooklyn
Love this product. It’s a gem. Coming from a photographer, it does everything it needs to. You can reformat it for Mac and windows if you wanted to. Solid build. I would recommend getting a case for it though
Jessica M.
As a photographer I go through a lot of hard drives backing up pictures and I have used this brand and it works great. It works on both my laptop and pc both use windows 10.
Carmen C.
Hinton , WV
I bought my son this 2TB external hard drive for his XBox One.. to give you an idea of how much information this size hard drive will store..it holds right around 50 normal sized games... that's quite a bit of space.. the best thing is, that it is portable, he can take his hands asking with him to his friends houses on this drive.. I m very happy with my purchase.. And my son happy to have more memory that is portable.
Katee A.
I used to own the Western Digital Book version of the hard drive, but it was such a pain since it needed a constant power source. But with the Passport, no power source is needed. I store all my movies and TV shows on there, as well as backup files, and I still have so much extra space. Definitely handy when traveling and we want to watch a movie on whatever device we have with us.
lindsay F.
I really like this product so I appreciate it so I could upload all my important documents pictures but just so everybody knows that you can't always rely on the portable drives because they can also crash so make sure that you print all your stuff and back everything up in a couple places but this is a good friend I do like that there's two terabytes I have so much room on there
Sharon  E.
Is this easy to use? I need to back up my MAC to run an update I've never used one before
molly k.
Does it get hot after being plugged in a while?
Benjamin G.
Would this product be good for my Xbox one for more storage? Western Digital WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, Black
Olivia R.
Rockford, IL
I'm looking for a hardrive to back up all my photos. I take tons of pictures a day, I dont want to lose them. How much storage is 2 TB?