ElectronicsStorage DevicesHard DrivesWestern Digital
WD My Passport for Mac 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Silver

Western Digital WD My Passport for Mac 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Silver

My passport for mac features an ultra-fast usb 3.0 interface for blazing-fast transfer rates. This sleek, portable drive is designed for photographers, graphics professionals and road-warriors who want to take their digital life with them. It s compatible with apple time machine and offers password protection with hardware encryption to keep your data private. it s an ideal companion for your macbook or macbook air.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Western Digital WD My Passport for Mac 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Silver!
Taylors Falls, MN
Techie Expert Level 1
This is my go-to trusted brand for Hard Drives. I am a wedding photographer, and put tons of value into backing up my work. I wouldn’t be able to sleep easy without my WD Passports! I own around 8 of these.
Fair Oaks, CA
Purchased at: Target
Ugh, let me tell you, I’m in the market for a good portable external. I really wanted to like this one, but I had some issues with this one freezing up on me. And after spending 282938293828 dollars on this, I wanted it to be perfect and it just wasn’t.
Norcross, GA
So I have a 2tb drive of this same kind that is my mother ship and I got a 1tb to carry with me to class and such since I'm a photo major. The 2tb has never given me problems but the 1tb gave me problems. It would refuse to eject so I would have to force eject and most recently it completely stopped mounting to my computer. Luckily most everything I had was backed up to my 2tb drive but there were several things I did loose. I will probably never buy another WD project again because not only did I complain about this problem but they really sent me no help in the slightest.
Brooklyn, NY
Great product! I use one as a backup got my iMac. After almost losing all the data on my computer this was a great investment. It works great and I have not had any issues
Philadelphia, PA
Great product! Works super quickly and easy. I have bought one and started using it for video and photo storage for personal use. It gives me a sense of security that my files wont go anywhere and allow my laptop to run so much easier. Would totally suggest checking it out for the price point
Merrimack, NH
Techie Expert Level 2
This hard drive has held up well and I have yet to have any software problems which is amazing since I have had this for over 2 years now. Quality product.
Stroudsburg, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
Helped my MAC gain more years of life with wonderful read/write speeds. I’d recommend this to all Mac users that need a speed and/or disk space.
Los Angeles , CA
I’ve been having this hard drive for many years now I bought it back when I went to college about five years ago I bought it for my Photoshop class but I used it to store my photos on my iPhone I used to not use the cloud and it’s great for money saving and clear your iPhone all you have to do is create it iPhoto and save all your photos to there it’s really awesome.
Demossville, KY
Techie Expert Level 4
I love love love this product, it works so well, and is so handy I would highly recommend this to anyone! I will be repurchasing this product again in the future! It is very affordable!
San Jose, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I love how portable these things are but the only thing is that the wire keeps getting broken. I had to return it one time because it will not work at all and we found out it's the wiring that causes the disruption.

Looking for your answer?