Western Digital WD My Passport for Mac 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Silver uploaded by Lindsey A.Western Digital WD My Passport for Mac 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Silver uploaded by Fares K.

BY WESTERN DIGITAL #6 in Hard Drives

My passport for mac features an ultra-fast usb 3.0 interface for blazing-fast transfer rates. This sleek, portable drive is designed for photographers, graphics professionals and road-warriors who want to take their digital life with them. It s compatible with apple time machine and offers password protection with hardware encryption to keep your data private. it s an ideal companion for your macbook or macbook air. see more...

Kayla M.
Salisbury, MD
My husband has two of these, he got them because he didn’t want all his picture memory taking up his computer space so he bought these and it cleared up all his picture space and makes us feel better knowing they’re stored somewhere safe!
Stephanie N.
This is a great product. I own 3 of these drives and all of them work smoothly. This brand has some of the best Hard drives on the market. I used to work in a warehouse where we processed all sorts of drives in various conditions. Western Digital had the best success rate out of every brand we encountered, including the bare drives that came in dusty cardboard boxes.
Courtney R.
Ringgold, GA
So I have a 2tb drive of this same kind that is my mother ship and I got a 1tb to carry with me to class and such since I'm a photo major. The 2tb has never given me problems but the 1tb gave me problems. It would refuse to eject so I would have to force eject and most recently it completely stopped mounting to my computer. Luckily most everything I had was backed up to my 2tb drive but there were several things I did loose. I will probably never buy another WD project again because not only did I complain about this problem but they really sent me no help in the slightest.
Cenon M.
Rio Vista, CA
Techie Expert
I've owned several Western Digital portable drives in the past, and I have to say, this is one of the best built drives they've made to date. The enclosure itself is quite sturdy with two-toned, hardened plastic surrounding the drive. Only a single white LED exists near the Micro USB port and some branding on the top of the drive, making this a very sleek and simple looking drive. The drive itself is very silent and has almost no heat during operation. The transfer speeds are ridiculously fast and deliberately smooth. The software it comes with has a very easy to use interface and are constantly always being updated which is a plus! I'd recommend this drive to anyone looking to back up their Apple computers or media.
Dokun A.
Philadelphia, PA
Great product! Works super quickly and easy. I have bought one and started using it for video and photo storage for personal use. It gives me a sense of security that my files wont go anywhere and allow my laptop to run so much easier. Would totally suggest checking it out for the price point
Rei L.
Shakopee, MN
I didn't see see for PC / Mac, but either way, this works awesomely! I have two and will add more to my collection as I am looking to transfer all my data from CDs / DVDs from back in the day onto portable HDDs and this is the way to go. I haven't had a single problem, whether it's daily use or every once in a while.
Andrea Z.
West Peoria, IL
This was one of the first hard drives I bought for my computer once I realized I was running out of space. It was silent and worked wonders and the price was great compared to others, especially if you were able to catch it on sale. It's great and I couldn't recommend it more.
Mackenzi F.
Broomfield, CO
Lot of space, easy to move around and pretty durable, but it has some clunky software to install. I use it on my PC, which is probably why. I think I have an older version. But I've been using it for years and its stayed with me through several moves!
N B.
Brooklyn, NY
Great product! I use one as a backup got my iMac. After almost losing all the data on my computer this was a great investment. It works great and I have not had any issues
Cristina D.
Temple, TX
I put all of my downloads and extras onto this thing. Transfers really fast. Love that it's small enough that I can just throw it in my work bag and use it when I need it.