West Elm

Is West Elm worth the price?
Has anyone purchased the Washed Cotton Luster Velvet Duvet Cover from West Elm? I was wondering if it was good quality and looked good after being washed
Has anyone bought outdoor furniture from here before? Wanted to know thoughts, looking at the portside collection.
Start your review of West Elm!
How would you rate this product?
Nayeli D.
San Jose, CA
Decorator Expert Level 2
West Elm uploaded by Nayeli D.
I love shopping for furniture at west elm. The furniture looks great and it is usually comfortable. I own a bedroom set, coffee table, chair and sofa and I love them all. It think the quality and the looks of the furniture match the price. They often have great sales. The only drawback is the shipping fee that vary between $150-250. Also always check if the item is in stock cause sometimes you might have to wait a couple months to get your stuff. But the delivery fee will cover that, no matter how many times they deliver you will always get white glove delivery.
Jennifer H.
Decorator Expert Level 4
2,614 reviews
West Elm uploaded by Jennifer H.
I like West Elm for it’s Modern take on decorating. Fresh, stylish and affordable ideas.
Leah N.
Springfield, VA
Decorator Expert Level 2
West Elm uploaded by Leah N.
I love mid-century look of much of west elm’s furniture. The quality can be hit or miss. The Penelope dresser featured in the photo is definitely one of the hits. Prices scam be high depending upon the piece but they do go on sale from time to time. Check out the quality in store if possible before purchasing.
Danielle M.
Philadelphia, PA
West Elm uploaded by Danielle M.
Ordered one of their Harris sectionals and I am happy with it. Love the coloring and the firmness. One but thing though is that it was delivered 3 months later than it was supposed to and they kept pushing the estimated delivery date back by 2 week increments which was frustrating!
Cynthia T.
W Hollywood, CA
West Elm uploaded by Cynthia T.
Absolutely love their furniture and home Decor. Subtracted one star because it can get a little pricey…
Maggie R.
Danville, CA
Decorator Expert Level 1
West Elm uploaded by Maggie R.
I love shopping at West Elm. Their home decor and furniture are classy mid century modern. Products are reasonably priced compared with competitors and good quality. I enjoy using West Elm decor in my beauty product photography.
Nataliya M.
Decorator Expert Level 3
West Elm uploaded by Nataliya M.
I like their style and quality of the items! Nice, stylish, well made pieces. Prices are on the higher note but time to time they have discounts!
Esther G.
Lincolnwood, IL
West Elm uploaded by Esther G.
I love the rug I got from here although I will say I don’t think the picture is color true based on the color I got. I recieved my package earlier than expected so that was a nice prize and overall ordering was an easy process
Tricia M.
Johns Island, SC
West Elm uploaded by Tricia M.
West Elm uploaded by Tricia M.
I love West Elm! Although pricier than most retailers, I love the modern vibe. Neutrals, Metallics and Black mixed together is my thing. I recently purchased a sectional while on sale but had to wait three months to get it. It was during Covid shutdowns so I will not fault West Elm for the delay. Last week, I purchased a lovely cake stand at my local West Elm store and the customer service was outstanding. Below are pics of the items i mentioned in this review. I recommend shopping here for unique, modern decor. West Elm #moderndecor
Lisa V.
One nightmare after another...  We bought the Drake sofa the end of October 2018. They assured us we would have it by Thanksgiving or the first week in December. Well Christmas was coming and we were having a houseful. The sofa showed it was in Salt Lake but the warehouse could not deliver it until after Christmas. We have a truck so I begged to let us pick up the sofa ourselves. After talking to several "manager" we were given special approval to pick up.   We picked up the sofa on December 19, 2019. By mid January the fabric looked horrible! It is piling and sagging.   On February 9, 2019 I called the City Creek store, since that is where we ordered it. I was given a customer care number to call. I called that number only to find out it is just for store associates. I called the store back and was given another number. It took about 45 minutes to file a report with a very nice customer service lady. She said I would receive an email with instructions on sending pictures in.   On February 14, 2019 we still had not received the email so I called again. The report never got filed?? Really? Another 30-45 minutes and I filed a new report and immediately got the email.   On February 16, 2019, I sent the pictures as instructed.   On February 20, 2019 I had not heard anything so I resent the pictures as instructed.   February 25, 2019 STILL had not heard anything. I called the direct line that was given to me on February 14, 2019. That line is for Pottery Barn shipping issues. NOT West Elm. Got transferred to West Elm. That was the wrong department. Amy said she would stay on the line to get me to the correct department. She just transferred me to The wrong area. That person.. Didn't get his name.. Transferred me to a rude woman in the Southern CA area. Also the wrong area but she assured me that she found my emails and sent them on to Northern CA which is the correct area. This ordeal was 36 minutes.. What a waste of time!!!   Never received a call back after my many phone calls and emails. 3/1/19 my husband and I went into the store and talked to the store manager.   We explained what was happening. He was EXTREMELY nice and really wanted to help us. He told us he would contact corporate and find a solution. I left there feeling so much better.   3/6/19 I get a call from the store manager that he is having Pauline Hill from corporate contact me. 3/6/19 Pauling calls me and tells me to send more pictures. 3/7/19 I send the pictures to Pauline. She confirms that she has received the pictures and that she will review and get back to me.   3/11/19 I call Pauline for an update. No response. 3/14 /19 I call Pauline and ask for another update. No response.   3/20/19 I email Pauline asking for a response. 3/23/19 I get a response from Pauline that West Elm does not cover piling of their fabric and that they would send me a complimentary fabric shaver. I feel so taken advantage of.  What a waste of our hard earned money and time.    This is a 3 month old couch that looks 10 years old!!!  It looks so bad that we have it covered with blankets.   I am blown away!  I plan on sharing my horrible experience with everyone I know.   The sad thing is we choose West Elm because we thought they had good reputation. Turns out they don't.  After googling West Elm fabric I found that many others have had the same issues as I have.  I guess I know why you don’t have reviews of your products online.  So disappointing!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...