BY WEST ELM #8 in Home Stores

• Can you order things here?! :D 3 Answers
  • What is your favorite product 4 Answers
  • I love the West Elm line of mid century modern furniture....2 Answers
member-0bfd5
I purchase a Paidge Sleeper Sofa from West Elm, which West Elm delivered to me defective. While picking up the defective Paidge Sleeper, West Elm employees, badly damaged the walls, door and floor of my newly constructed condominium. After causing the damage the West Elm employees exhibited no remorse .
I asked West Elm to compensate me for the damage that the company's employees caused. West Elm requested that I receive estimates from three different agencies for the cost to repair the damage caused by their employees.
Serval moths after submitting the estimates to West Elm, I received an email from West Elm informing me that I would receive the money needed to fix the damage. WEST ELM SENT ME A FOLLOWUP EMAIL FULLY WITHDRAWING THE COMPENSATION. West Elm didn't give me an adequate reason why they withdrew their compensation.
It's been over a year since the employees of West Elm caused damage to my door, floor and walls. I haven't received a penny from West Elm for any of the damage their employees caused. This experience has been stressful and time consuming.
Email me at alibakir@gmail.com or call me at 312-767-8513 for more info, pictures and emails sent by West elm.
member-db9c6
I wish I had read the reviews on this site before I have placed 5K order with West Elm. I thought that because items are priced higher than average furniture store,  it will guarantee an outstanding customer experience. I was actually very wrong.
I placed an order for bedroom furniture (two dressers and a night stand) and a dinning table one month ago.  They finally called to schedule a delivery after waiting one item for 2 weeks. Apparently they needed additional two more weeks to ship the product once they have it available. That didn't work for me and I asked to cancel the order. The rep transferred me to customer service to process the cancelation request. When I get there, customer service said they can deliver within 10 days. That worked for me and I scheduled the delivery (and actually took half day off from work to wait for the delivery). Several hours later, I got a voicemail from pottery barn rep stating that they have received an email from first rep requesting to cancel the order and they indeed processed it. That's despite that I have never authorized the cancellation and that their system was already showing I was scheduled for an appointment. Have to order all over again and wait another month. Worthless apologies and no solution offered to remediate the error. As of right now, they have not returned my $5000 either. Will I order again? Nope.  Do I believe this company sources their furniture ethically from Vietnam and other counties when they treat their customers like this ? Nope.  That's a bad company to do business with, period.

elizabeth r.
I wrote the following to West Elm and got a generic response with no indication of how or when they planned to rectify the situation:
To whom it may concern,
I placed an order for a couch on September 1st.  This order was given the "white glove service" which allowed for a scheduled delivery.

September 6 was sent an email that delivery was ready to be scheduled.
Couch was delivered on September 14th.  The man delivering the couch was unable to fit it up the stairs in the package.  He said that West Elm could not take the couch back if we took off the packaging which would allow the cushions to come off and possibly allow the couch up the stairs.  I had ordered the couch with a gift card.  I was told that in order to reorder the couch to a service that would cut the couch, I had to wait 7-10 business days for a new gift card to be delivered, rather than applying the credit to my account.
On October 3rd my husband called to check the status of the gift card.  We had spoken to the service that was going to be cutting the couch and had scheduled a tentative date, so we were hoping to know exactly when we could place the order and receive the couch.  We were told that the gift card stillhad not been processed or mailed, but that we could apply the credit to reorder the couch, which is what we had requested originally and were denied. In speaking with Debra M Roy, she informed my husband that the couch needed to be delivered straight to a non-West Elm location and could not be picked up by the company that cuts the couch (a "rule" that was directly contrary to what the company cutting our couch has traditionally done with West Elm, that being picking up the couch at the warehouse). As we needed to confirm and obtain an address for the couch to be sent, Debra provided my husband her email address to let her know if we wanted to apply the credit and reorder the couch.
The next day, on October 4th my husband emailed Debra M Roy with the address and asked a question about the pick up and delivery.  When he did not hear back, he emailed for a second time the following day on October 5th to obtain confirmation.  On October 8th, he emailed for a third time and still got no response.
On October 10th, I spent 23 minutes on the phone with West Elm.  I do not know what customer service representative I spoke to.  Because I had been having so much difficulty with the ordering process, I asked to be connected to a manager to ensure that the order went through and I would have confirmation.  The manager I spoke to was Mitchell from the leadership team.  He assured me that he would now be overseeing the order and that the couch would be delivered on October 17th to Melo and Sons, the service that I had hired to cut the couch.
At 6:47 PM on October 14th, I received an email saying that I needed to call the delivery team at West Elm to schedule a delivery between October 23rd to November 6th. I called West Elm and asked to speak with the person who was supposedly overseeing the order.  I was told that I could not speak to Mitchell and instead was connected to Justin, another person on the leadership team. He told me that he was unable to give me an estimated delivery because the warehouse that does the deliveries was closed.  He told me that he would call the original manager (who was working at the time) and request a call back immediately.  He also told me that if Justin did not follow up with me, he would call me first thing in the morning with a status update on my order.  This was important as I had originally scheduled a cutting to be done on the 17th.  I did not receive a call.
I called West Elm today, October 16th at 5:09 and asked to speak with one of the two managers that I spoken to previously, as I were told that they had been noted in the customer notes.  After waiting for 16 minutes on hold, I was disconnected. I had a scheduled call at 5:30 so I was unable to call back immediately after.  When I called again at 6:12, I spoke with Penny from Customer Service.  At the time, I did not know the names of the managers to whom I had previosuly spoken. I asked for their first names, and Penny refused to give them to me stating that she would get another manager on the line. At that time, I very much regretted not writing down exactly who I spoke to.
After the 25 minutes, I was connected to Jessica from the leadership team.  She said that the delivery warehouse was closed so she was unable to check the status of my order but that it would definitely not be delivered on the originally quoted date of October 17th.  She provided the managers first names, but would not give me an email for Mitchell or Justin or even send me an email to confirm that we had spoken.  She told me that she could not let me speak to them because they were on other service calls.  She told me that she sent Justin an urgent email to call me.  It is now over an hour later and neither manager has called me.  I scheduled a service to be done tomorrow and need a status update tonight.

*My husband called the following afternoon (after missing out appointment with the couch cutting service) and they let us know that it would be delivered to the service the 26th, 9 days after the scheduled date.
I have had multiple bad experiences with West Elm customer service. First, they charged my West Elm credit card incorrectly for a rug and table I purchased. I spent countless hours on the phone getting it corrected. Second, I made a return in store. The store associated reassured me that the return would go back on my credit card. It never did. I had made the purchase using Reward Dollars, but I was never told that I would not get anything for returns. I would have never returned anything if I had been told the correct information! Customer service would not do anything to remedy the situation, even though it was their store associate that had given me incorrect information. At the very least, they should have given me the items back or given me merchandise credit. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of customer service. I have cancelled my credit card with West Elm and will never shop there again.
member-8ed9d
Absolute garbage quality. They may look great but underneath the product is awful. We have a two year old sectional that is cracked, sagged and basically needs to be replaced. ZERO response from West Elm when I appealed to them for help. How can you do that in 2018? They've also taken product reviews off their site. Very telling. Don't fall into the great look of this furniture. It is real LOW quality underneath. Do a search on them and read reviews. I'm not alone. And West Elm--if you see this--please contact me. I'm not going to stop posting. You will lose far more in sales vs. fixing the problem you've given me.
Kaila F.
Amherst , NY
Decorator Expert Level 1
They have really really nice stylish and comfortable decor, it’s a bit pricey but when buying furniture, you get what you pay for. So I don’t mind paying higher prices just to make sure it lasts. If you like fancy decor then definitely shop here
Lena L.
Rochester, NY
I LOVE interior decor and shopping for decorative items for the house. West elm is my ultimate favorite furniture store. It has everything a heart can desire! I recommend stepping foot into this store because it's just fabulous!
Brenna M.
Decorator Expert Level 1
I bought a beautiful chandelier here and end table! When I ordered online, it was going to take nearly 6 weeks for delivery. I went down to the store and the manager was able to sell me the pieces from their show room and give me a discount! win win!
Amanda S.
jim thorpe
Decorator Expert Level 2
West elm is such a beautiful store but it can be hit or miss with me . I got some beautiful plates and lamps for the house but sometimes it’s a bit too modern for me . I usually go for their more unique items
Alexandra H.
Nashville
I’ve been obsessed since before they had stores near me! I love their designs! The quality is great! I have many kitchen items, bedroom items (even a bed!), and living room goodies! I always recommend!
Jenna C.
Beacon, NY
Does West Elm offer a lot of discounts/coupons?
Lindsay A.
Finleyville, PA
Decorator Expert Level 3
What is your favorite product
Sru A.
Ashburn, VA
Is this store qorth the money?
Cheliz G.
Kissimmee, FL
Can you order things here?! :D
May K.
San Rafael, CA
I love the West Elm line of mid century modern furniture. They are beautiful and fits the style of my hoem perfectly without killing the budget. I have some original mid century modern pieces that I spent a fortune on and these are comparable, not to mention that even my originals are not solid wood either, so this is a great choice if you are going in that direction with home decor.