4 colors available

BY WERTHER'S ORIGINAL #1 in Hard Candy

The classic hard candy made with real butter and fresh cream. see more...

• Are these good? They smell weird to me so I've never tried them.29 Answers
  • Are these too sweet of a candy?28 Answers
  • Did you grow up eating these?6 Answers
Werther's Original Hard Candies
  • "I love the candy's I try to limit my sugar intake so finding a great tasting sugar free candy's I really enjoy is hard these are one of my favs" in 29 reviews
  • "My grandma almost always have these at her house and of course ever since I was a kid she would always give me some every time I saw her (which was a lot)." in 16 reviews
  • "My mother is a diabetic and when she is over sometime she craves something sweet so being that these are sugar free I love having these in the house." in 15 reviews
  • "These candies are perfect for when you have that sudden sweet tooth craving and I bring some in my purse wherever I go" in 11 reviews
  • "I've loved this candy since I was a kid and my little girl is loving it as well :) it tastes great and it's not full of sugar like most candy." in 11 reviews
Mary A.
Mary A.
Ah yes, the OG hard candy of all time! I used to love these as a kid, and would buy the large packs that would last a good amount of time under the supervision of my responsible parents who wouldn't let me have too much to avoid sugar rushes. I think a couple of these are great to have on hand to kill sweet tooth cravings, but too many will make you hate them.
Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.
Twin Falls, ID
Sweet Tooth Expert
When my grandpa was alive these use to be his favorite. Because he had diabetes my grandma wouldn't let him have them. So what does a grandpa with a craving for Weathers candies do? He hands me some money and has me sneak through the checkout line where Grandma doesn't see and hide his candy.
These will forever taste like my Grandpa's happiness!!!
Tabitha B.
Tabitha B.
Sweet Tooth Expert
This is the candy that I grew up on. It is basically like eating caramel but in a candy form lol. Very rich in flavor. I really have to watch my intake of these because they do have a lot of sugar but they do have ones that are sugar free as well. I always find these at Dollar Tree for $1. I am a couponer so I usually get them. 50 cent a pack.
Kristin W.
Kristin W.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I grew up on these candies, and I generally enjoy them. I think they have good flavor, and one candy lasts awhile, so you don;t eat a lot in a sitting, they are just so sweet that they hurt my teeth. They are very affordable though, I will give them that. I wouldn't go out and buy them, but I do like eating them when the opportunity arises.
Ariel V.
Ariel V.
Concord, NH
I remember the commercials for these candies in the early 90's. This is totally an old people candy that I am addicted to. It has a smooth and rich flavor that I can't get enough of. Even the sugar-free ones taste great without giving me a belly-ache like a lot of sugar free candies do.
I love this candy sugar free or not I have to have these in my bag. I find it great that I kind find them anywhere i go. The flavor is so good of course that's why I always finish a bag in like 3 days I just can't help myself. I recommend this to everybody and their great grandmama's
Emily V.
Emily V.
Sweet Tooth Expert
If you like caramel and hard candy, this is for you! It's really yummy to have that long lasting caramel flavor in your mouth. If you prefer something chewy I would not recommend this. I bag lasts you a while if you don't eat a ton at once. I would definitely recommend buying this.
Ali Y.
Ali Y.
I adore Werther's Original candies. They are my childhood in candy form. They are so buttery and have a slight caramel taste. You can get them basically anywhere. They are so much better in hard candy form than chewy. I love to always have these around! I'll be buying more soon!
Jenny K.
Jenny K.
Jerseyville, IL
These remind me of my grandparents house when I was a kid! They always had a jar of them on the counter and Grandpa would let me eat as many as I wanted. They taste soooo good! I still by them every once in a while, I need to start keeping a jar of them like my grandparents did!
Melissa T.
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Sweet Tooth Expert
My husband and I both LOVE these!! We buy the huge bag at Wal-Mart and divide it up between our night table drawers. We each have exactly three aft nighty in bed while watching tv! It's a fun snack that's turned into a yummy tradition! They are always fresh and creamy! Just yum!
Kayla V.
Kayla V.
Stratford , PE
Are these individually wrapped?
Shelby O.
Shelby O.
Traverse City, MI
Has anyone tried the Caramel Apple Werther's?
Kimisha L.
Kimisha L.
PMB
Do you also get chewy ones ?
Isabel G.
Isabel G.
Are these good? They smell weird to me so I've never tried them.
Julia P.
Julia P.
Sheffield Lk, OH
Are these too sweet of a candy?