Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

Is it worth the money?? I have thought about trying it
Ann B.
Ann B.
March 21, 2013, 8:13 a.m.
Here is what I put in my review, which I think might be helpful to your question! Good luck! I was very skeptical when I first learned of the whole "cleansing conditioner" concept, but since then I've become a fan - just not of this brand, which I think is over-priced. I strongly prefer L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner. Some comments on my experience with cleansing conditioners in general: I have past-shoulder-length naturally blonde hair with highlights. It's naturally kind of wavy so I usually heat-style to make it look polished - I usually use a flat iron about 2/3 of the time, and a curling iron the other times. So there is heat damage and highlighting damage. And washing tends to turn it brassy so I have a chlorine filter on my shower and also am very conscious of using products to prevent brassiness. I usually wash my hair every other day but will try to skip washing on weekends (if possible!) and, on the flip side, sometimes I have to wash every day if I've got back-to-back days of big stuff at work and I need to be "styled" each day. My favorite use for cleansing conditioner is the back-to-back days of washing, so I don't feel as guilty! But I will also use cleansing conditioner about once a week anyway - and if I use shampoo and conditioner, then go 2 days, then use cleansing conditioner, then go 2 more days, the effect is the same as if I had used shampoo + conditioner both times - and that's awesome. So the cleansing power is definitely there! My hairstylist says you can use cleansing conditioner every 2 out of 3 times you wash, and I have done this with success, but I usually like the process of both products so I don't use cleansing conditioner as often as I probably could. It is a huge time-saver, for sure! And it leaves my hair super-soft - softer than if I use shampoo + conditioner, actually. And my bangs get no "greasier" if I use cleansing conditioner vs. using shampoo + conditioner, so that's another general plus! The biggest 2 downsides for me are color and damage-repair. The shampoos and conditioners I use are specifically for blonde hair - to prevent brassiness etc. - and I find I have to use them at least half the time I wash, in order to protect my color. And since I fry the heck out of my ends, I like to use a reparative mask at least weekly, and obviously a cleansing conditioner doesn't provide that benefit. But all-in-all, it's a great product generally - big thumbs up! Ok. That said! For me, it takes a LOT of product to make me feel like I've used enough. So whereas the instructions may say use 2 pumps - and my hairstylist has also said that a packette sample should last 2 uses - I use, like, 20 pumps at a time. Part of that is because I'm neurotic, but even so, 2 pumps of product don't even begin to do the job. I guess my hair is relatively long (just past my shoulders), but it's not THAT long, and it's not thick, so it's not like I require abnormal amounts of product. It just takes a lot more pumps to feel like you're doing the job (and, I think, to ACTUALLY do the job). SO... when WEN says the container contains 30 uses, I disagree adamantly. More like 6 to 9 uses for me. So this is not the value that they claim it is. That said, I don't mind paying way-too-much for hair stuff - I'll pay more than I can afford if a product works great - but this stuff just does not work well enough to justify its cost. I might - MIGHT - consider re-purchasing if it were the only cleansing conditioner out there, but it's not. My personal favorite - which is much cheaper, and much easier to find - is the L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner. The L'Oreal bottle is a bit smaller than the WEN bottle, but it's a fraction of the price. And I like the L'Oreal scent better, I think (even though the WEN scent is fine too). So, bottom line... I love the concept, but not the price - spend about one-fifth of this amount on L'Oreal and it's like the same thing. If the price of this product were equivalent to the L'Oreal price, then I'd probably alternate or flip a coin - I think the substance of the products is that comparable. I hope this is helpful! :-)

Join Now