BY WEN

A 5-in-1 formula, this one product takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner. It cleanses hair thoroughly but without lathering and all the harsh ingredients that may be found in ordinary shampoos—it is designed so it won't strip your hair and scalp of their natural oils. Your hair is left with sheen, moisture, manageability and better color retention.

• How does this product work on African American hair? Also does it...2 Answers
  • Has anyone used this? My friend has coarse hair and she swears by...12 Answers
  • I want to try this brand. Is it worth the price?12 Answers
Reviews (1984)
  • "My hairdresser noticed a big difference in my hair and even made a comment about how much better my hair felt and looked." in 67 reviews
  • "She has really thick and curly hair so it worked well to handle her frizz but since mine it straight to begin with I didn't see too much of a difference. " in 59 reviews
  • "I used to get some pretty wicked knots, especially at the back of my neck and I haven't gotten one since I started using this." in 48 reviews
  • "The first time I washed my hair with the cleansing conditioner I washed as directed but i did not use the one extra pump at the end to leave in and my hair felt dryer than normal i did not like it." in 43 reviews
  • "I used exactly as the bottle directed and my hair just felt so oily and gross and after about a month of using it I switched back to regular shampoo and my head was just so itchy." in 38 reviews
Lauren G.
I have been using Wen for years. When I first started using it people would ask iffI was doing something different with my hair. It just looked better, healthier, and it was easier to do. I have curly hair which most of the time I heat style with a blow dryer and straightener. I love that this cleansing conditioner is so moisturizing. I use it as my leave in conditioner. Plus the scent is great. I also like using the seasonal scents.
Ashley c.
Pinon Hills Estates
I loved this product! It felt so refreshing for my hair. It gave it more volume. I didn’t use as much as they directed on the bottle but it was still very effective. I use to get the big bottles on eBay for around $50. I find it totally worth the price if you’re looking for softer, fuller looking hair then give Wen a try!
Chloey K.
Camp Pendleton, CA
So, I do not shampoo my hair or use product at all. (no-poo) and since I'm home for the holidays, I decided to try out the bottle my mom has. I loved the scent and it felt great on my scalp. My hair was soft and moisturized. I have read that it made some women's hair fall out. I did not experience this whatsoever.
Jade M.
Tigard, OR
I NEVER leave truly negative reviews but this is the worst product ever! It made my hair fall out in chunks and my dermatologist said it was from Wen and she tells her patients not to use it. I didn't believe her but I tried eliminating every product I was using and reintroducing them one at a time and Wen was the problem, 100%. It took forever for my hair to grow back and it was so embarrassing having bald spots around my face. I found out later that there was a big lawsuit against them, if you don't believe me look it up.
Meshia E.
Bridgeport, CT
I have used Wen for years and nothing has left my curls silkier, more hysrated, smoother, shinier, or more managable than this stuff! The only complaint that I have is that the smell (any of them really) can take some getting used to, and the bigger problem was that when used as a leave-in it can create really bad build-up on the scalp! The build-up I ended up having was so bad that my scalp itself actually ached and I know that if I had continued using this as I was that my hair might have fallen out! I know that this problem was caused by not fully washing the product out during my wash and then adding a bit more to my damp hair as a leave-in...which would have been fine except that I would just wet my hair and add more in between washes to style/tame my natural curls. It works beautifully as a leave-in but must be fully washed out of the scalp in between uses as the build-up on this stuff actually caused my scalp pain after only a week of not fully rinsing it out!😦(also this problem I'm describing hardly happened unless a really large amount was left on the scalp, it tended to happen a lot more often with the Wen thicker hair mask...to be honest that one probably isn't even a leave-in or something 😣 also at the time it was before I knew how to cleanse my scalp and hair without hurting either one..and I was scrubbing products right down to the root back then! ) All said, to be fair I would say give Wen's products a try for yourself! Everything else I have to say about this is awesome...you get a ton in each bottle and each of the products works wonderfully! This will eliminate frizz and leave hair smoother, healthier, and almost definitely a lot easier to manage. When you order they ask you questions about your hair such as if it is frizzy or fine, curly or thick, oily or dry...things like that, and then they try to match you up with several products in the line to compliment eachother in your haircare regimen. This particular product from the brand is a favorite! Once you get used to the smell being strong and that the product doesn't lather at all (if you are not used to that) you will notice how smooth and silky your hair starts to get right upon application! Even my Fiance whos hair is thick but wavy (still almost straight compared to mine!) And not frizzy or course at all and when he used this his hair was blindingly shiny and so so soft! After it air dried it looked fluffy and full of volume but stull shiny with NO frizz, it looked as if he had been to a salon!! 💆 It is suggested to use a wide tooth comb to distribute the product through and detangle hair before rinsing out, a small amount can also be used as a leave-in and works So wonderfully! Love! 👍👌👏💪bonus: I have never known this to strip or cause bleeding of hair color AT ALL and I have had neon hair for years!
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I know that there is a lot of controversy on this stuff. But the controversy is mostly about using as a shampoo. I for one only use it to shave with or to wash my body with. I love it. Has such a great smell and is so soft and smooth to shave with, I'm definitely happy with it
Crystal T.
Worcester, MA
This product smells extremely good and works the first few times. It makes your hair super soft and smell amazing. But after a while of using it, it just starts to make your hair greasy and it is a bit expensive too.
Krystle B.
Love WEN! It keeps my hair smooth and frizz free! I know there's been a lot of talk about it making your hair fall out...however I always used it solely as a conditioner on my ends and it works great!
Bridgette W.
Boardman, OH
When I first heard about the product I heard that if you use it your hair will fall out so I was very off put when my mother tried to get me to use the product. After about 6 months of her trying to convince me I finally gave in. That was over a year ago and I am hooked.! I used to use organix, which I thought was a great shampoo and conditioner, but it nothing compared to wen. My hair is noticeably softer, shinier, and more manageable. I naturally have a lot of fine hair and I'm north east Ohio weather is basically impossible to get it to do what you want. Wen is a game changer and I still have all of my hair! Yes, my hair still comes out in the shower or if brush my hair for the first time ina day or two. It is normal, it makes way for regrowth. It is very normal and it happened using multiple other shampoos too. And not just organix but other salon brand shampoos. (Perks of having a best friend as a hair dresser😀) she even noticed how my hair is stronger, shinier, and softer.
Claire T.
I'm kind of mixed on how I feel about this for a couple of reasons. First, I think it is great at getting rid of knots. My hair is very thin and is always getting knotting, no matter what I do. This got rid of all of my knots and I was noticing that I was getting fewer and fewer over time, which was a huge plus.
One of the things that I didn't like about this product is the fact that you have to use so much. If you have short hair you can get away with a few pumps, but if you have shoulder length hair or longer you are using a huge amount of product, and since it's more expensive than other shampoos or conditioners, that was kind of upsetting.
Another thing is that my hair seemed to get extremely greasy on the second day. The first day my hair was super clean and felt great. I also liked that it had a ton of volume, but by the end of the first day and begging of the second my hair was filled with grease. I deal with greasy hair and heard this was great for it, but it didn't do very well at keeping my hair clean.
Overall I think this is a great product, especially for people with thicker hair, but for me it didn't work that great.
Joselyne P.
Omaha, NE
Does this product actually work?
Liberty W.
San Diego, CA
Is this good for dry/damaged hair? My hair is very damaged and I can't seem to find a good conditioner for it!
Isabelle E.
Eslöv
Does your hair gonna be so soft as they said on the commercial?
Jackie M.
Dublin, OH
I want to try this brand. Is it worth the price?
Heather Z.
Davie, FL
Has anyone used this? My friend has coarse hair and she swears by it but I never knew if it was really worth the cost or all the hype.