BY WELLS FARGO #6 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

• Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on ...23 Answers
  • Is this the same bank that merged with Bank of America?5 Answers
  • What is the interest rate on a savings account? 1 Answers
Wells Fargo Bank
  • "I think that give you the benefits of having a national chain while still giving you the customer service of a hometown bank." in 75 reviews
  • "Wells Fargo used to be a great bank when they had reasonable checking accounts and didn't try to force extra accounts for practically every transaction!" in 15 reviews
  • "The only thing I don't really like is when they charge you a monthly fee on the debit card for not swiping it 10x a month." in 13 reviews
  • "I've been a member of Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia and before that First Union, and as a bank, if you're just cashing a check or opening a savings account, they're fine, but as soon as something happens and you need to talk to a representative, their customer service is awful, and they're not looking to help you, just to sell you more products. " in 12 reviews
  • "The only reason I didn't give it an F was that I have come across some great customer service from tellers that actually seemed to care about my issue." in 11 reviews
Tina C.
Tina C.
Mchenry, IL
Our mortgage is with this company and we thought we needed to refinance our home, not taking any money out just locking in a low rate. We contacted Wells Fargo and they drew up the paperwork 3 or 4 times, asked for more information and extra documents and signatures then when we purchased our house 10 years ago. The process was so messed up hey had to keep reopening a new deal because thy could not get it done by the end of the month 3 or 4 months in a row! Finally E looked up our mortgage paperwork and found we did not need to worry about locking into a lower rate and ended up telling them to go pound sand.
Molly G.
Molly G.
Dallas, TX
I think this bank is good if you're just starting out with a credit/debit/checking account. I do agree with other reviewers when they say there are a lot of extra, random charges that add up if you're someone for whom every dollar counts. That said, though, I do feel like every bank these days is like that. I lived abroad for several months, and didn't really want to get a European checking account, so I stayed with WF and they were very easy to work with.
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Mesa, AZ
I love Wells Fargo! My boyfriend and I both bank here and have credit cards through Wells, and neither of us have ever had a problem. Their customer service is absolutely astounding. If we have ever had the rare occurrence of a fee, we just needed to walk into a branch and they would almost immediately reverse it. They also don't nickel and dime you with fees for every little thing you do, like some banks. I will be sticking with Wells Fargo forever!
Whitney B.
Whitney B.
Lake City, FL
I've been a customer of this back since 2007! I love Wells Fargo. I'm not rich, but I have had maybe 2 overdraft fees on my account in 9 years and each time they took care of it. They offer a secured card that has help me build some credit and I am thinking about refinancing my car through them!! They are WONDERFUL! , very easy to talk to, always helpful and they know their jobs!
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
I used Wells Fargo to Invest some of my money I feel like they did a really excellent job guiding me through the process. The only problem was there wasn't one close to me. I did not have to pay any thing it was part of my investment account through my job. I would definitely recommend this to family and friends to get started on investing.
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
I have used Wells Fargo banking for the past ten years and I have never encountered any problems. I have a linked checking account with my mom and it is so easy for her to transfer money when needed. The mobile banking app makes it even more efficient for me to check my balance on the go without fear of over drafting.
Jessica T.
Jessica T.
Newton, NC
Wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone. Was treated entirely unprofessionally by a bank manager after being a member for over two years for trying to change my name after a marriage. It was only after closing all my accounts that same day that I received an apology. Customer service is terrible.
Brenda N.
Brenda N.
Kissimmee, FL
I use to love this bank in the past, but not anymore. We have mortgage with them in the past, for years, Never have problem in the past..... When I oppen a business, the autorize charges and withdrawals in my account without permission, and my account gete overdraft. terrible bank and service.
Kimm P.
Kimm P.
Omaha, NE
I have been using Wells Fargo for over 10 years now. I think they are a decent bank. The one thing I don't love is they non-wells fargo atm fees. $2.50 each time you use an atm that isn't theirs is excessive. They don't have nearly enough atms in my city so they are rarely convenient
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Easton, PA
I love Wells Fargo! I had my wallet stolen and someone spent my money on my debit card. Wells Fargo was fast acting and I received my money back fast! Customer service is great also, depending on when you call the hold times can be a bit longer. I highly recommend this bank!!
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton, FL
Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona, HI
Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA
I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Do they offer free checking?