Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.

BY WELLS FARGO #6 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

• Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR ...23 Answers
  • Is this the same bank that merged with Bank of America?6 Answers
  • How would I know my Credit score?1 Answers
Wells Fargo Bank
  • "I think that give you the benefits of having a national chain while still giving you the customer service of a hometown bank." in 75 reviews
  • "Wells Fargo used to be a great bank when they had reasonable checking accounts and didn't try to force extra accounts for practically every transaction!" in 15 reviews
  • "The only thing I don't really like is when they charge you a monthly fee on the debit card for not swiping it 10x a month." in 13 reviews
  • "I've been a member of Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia and before that First Union, and as a bank, if you're just cashing a check or opening a savings account, they're fine, but as soon as something happens and you need to talk to a representative, their customer service is awful, and they're not looking to help you, just to sell you more products. " in 12 reviews
  • "The only reason I didn't give it an F was that I have come across some great customer service from tellers that actually seemed to care about my issue." in 11 reviews
Anna C.
Franklinton , NC
Long long time WF customer and long time wf credit card holder. This is usually our go to card for easy daily purchases and for recurring charges (my cell phone bill). It’s most convenient bc it’s linked to our online banking so you can see the balance, transfer (to make payments), and quickly transfer rewards (cash back) back into your accounts. Only giving four stars bc the rewards are basic (1% on everything). But the cell phone protection is so good that I will forever have it auto charged to this cc. If you’re looking for just convenience with a few good perks, look into a wf cc!
seema s.
Marshalltown, IA
Personally I've never had too many issues with them, however my boyfriend and I went to get a loan for a house and learned that Wells Fargo had entered his SSN incorrectly with his first account. They had not originally verified this when he opened his account. To fix this issue, it has taken over a month so far and they have not been very helpful. We have been delayed on our house due to this issue
Karla M.
Newark, DE
It's excellent bank, i love your service, if you have a problem you can call and be taken care of immediately, always looking to protect and protect your account, once I left the debit card in the auto service and they automatically blocked it and then I got an email and it was there where I realized I had left it. Thanks to that service and to others who offer me, I am very grateful and delighted with this bank, for me it is the best.
Greg&CiCi e.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I went into a branch of Wells Fargo because their app wasn't working and my partner Greg was unable to use the mobile deposit. I had the day off so my gut reaction was to say I'd take care of it. I had to deposit a check into our WF joint account anyway. We have a joint account and we live together. I thought nothing of it.

I go to Wells Fargo and write out a deposit slip out for Greg (so in his name). I did not have the account number. Since we hadn't been able to look the number up, Greg gave me his WF credit card so the account could be looked up through the terminal. He doesn't have a debit card for that account. But, I had our joint checkbook on me.

When it was my turn with the teller, I'll leave out names, I explained everything so she knew I had a joint account linked with Greg's and handed her the deposit slip and his work issued check. Again, all in Greg's name. I asked if we could look up the separate account through a credit card. She in response asked to see the card. Once it was in her hands she told me she will have to hold both the check and card until Greg comes to retrieve it.

Here's where my fury lies. She did not check to see if I was an authorized user on the credit card. Hell, she could have said off the bat that she couldn't do what I was asking (still would be idiotic though). But she chose to escalate immediately in front of the other customers waiting in line. She did not ask about our joint account that I informed her of. She did not treat me like a customer. She did not even ask for my ID. She profiled me immediately and confiscated Greg's property without rationale. I was not a customer to her, I was somehow a criminal and she shut down any of the facts. And she deemed herself a more secure keeper for Greg's endorsed check. (I guess Wells Fargo has a pristine record with client security in her reality.)

No apologies ever left her mouth and I feel sorry for that close-minded person and her awful manager perpetuating all the worst qualities and insecurities that set back society. I feel disgusted that Wells Fargo continues to hire at the expense of their customers.

I'd give zero stars if I could.
Tiki O.
Oak Park Heights, MN
This is a great bank. I've had good service for three years now. The credit cards through them carry rather high interest rates and you have to accumulate $25 in rewards before you can redeem but otherwise I have been happy with the service. I don't love that you have to call a human being to increase your credit limit, although they obliged
Jensen H.
I have a long history with Wells Fargo and I would say my experience is so so. Their phone customer service is quite good which I like. However, I had an advisor give me terrible advise there and had no remorse for doing so. I will not bank here any longer, but it is not the worst option.
Tasha W.
Ashland
This is the first bank I used when I was old enough to get an account and a savings account.  It went well until my debit card was stolen and used.  There was about 800 dollars of purchases on the card so I went to them as fast as I could.  I was informed I would have to get a police report done and then come back with a copy.  I did exactly what I was told and when I got back to the branch I was told that they froze the account so it could no longer be used.  I would not be  reimbursed for the couple hundred that was in there when my card was stolen and that I would still have to pay the bank the remaining balance since it was under one thousand dollars.  I left devastated.  I will never use Wells Fargo again.
Kathrine K.
Wells Fargo Bank now, this is how I came to know them. Dekalb bank, purchased by First Union, purchased by Wells Fargo. I started with Dekalb bank in the mid 80's with a checking and saving accounts, divorce happened he kept the bank accounts I however still have the credit card. I now use a credit union for banking most fees went bye bye .
Samantha I.
Houston
There are ATM in many locations which is really conveniente for me because when I need to deposit or get money out they are always available. I like that once you get a job and get direct deposit, you won’t receive fee for not having enough money.
Olga R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
I used to work for WF so I had a bunch of accounts and I still use them. My opinion of them is probably biased since I used to work there and know what used to go on on the inside. Seems like they’re trying to change be culture so that’s good. As a customer I never really have had an issue with them. They’re a big bank so it’s super easy and convenient to bank with them. They’re also always on the forefront of technology which makes everything even easier. Gotta say I don’t love the way they updated the app/website but it still works. The fees could get high if don’t keep much money in the bank but that is not something I’ve had an issue with. Works for me.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton, FL
Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona , HI
Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA
I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Lysandra C.
West Palm Beach
Did any one know that now if you run out of checks there more then happy to print them out for you when ever you need them .