Add a Photo

By WELLS FARGO
#6 in Financial Services

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

Wanda C.
Wanda C.
North Augusta, SC

Truthfully, I want to give Wells Fargo an even lower score, but since they have been around for years and apparently must be doing something right, I won't. I will just relay my experience with them. First of all, when I opened my account, they were SLOW AS COULD BE opening it! My boyfriend and I opened a joint account which I understood could have maybe taken them longer. But goodness, we were there close to 1.5 hours!!! There were no "glitches", just a slow person and system. But even worse than that, they didn't bother to tell us that we could not use any ATM machine besides the one at the bank for six months?!?!?! What kind of antiquated nonsense is that? They didn't even tell us. The way we found out was when we went the next day to make a local withdrawal and couldn't. We tried, tried, went to other ATM's, inside stores, etc, wasting a few hours. So, we called them, finally, and they explained that it couldn't be used elsewhere, but never gave us a reason. Needless to say, we closed out our account that day! I HATE Wells Fargo!!
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.

I had a Wells Fargo checking account for over a decade. Then I got into Graduate School in the UK. THREE times I tried to make a tuition deposit using my Wells Fargo account, and each time I contacted the bank PRIOR to making the payment. All three times they cancelled the transaction without contacting me. When I called each time, the service agents were short with me, telling me I should have contacted them before I paid. They couldn't help me. I ended up having to deposit the money into my Mother's account so I could pay for it. I then closed my account. Several years later I got a collection notice, owing $200+ dollars because they never closed the account and charged me low balance fees. I didn't have access to the account, so I didn't realize they hadn't closed the account. It was a miserable experience for about 3 years trying to clear it all up. I would not recommend Wells Fargo to my worst enemies.
Noelle S.
Noelle S.

It was great when it was Wachovia then here came Wells Fargo. I purchased an item online and the merchant chose to change the amount charged without authorization. To make matters worse then i didn't even get the item. I called to dispute both (overcharge and no receipt) and was given preliminary credit. I felt like i wouldn't have a problem but they closed all my debit cards (not accounts just cards) without telling me. I looked like a fool at breakfast! When i called i was told to go in a branch who then told me to call and so on (the cycle continued). In the end wells fargo wouldn't reinstate my debit cards and came back a month after i decided to close them due to inconvenience and stuck me with a bill to pay for the item i didn't get. They also said authorized charge..YES IT WAS IT WAS A WRONG AMOUNT AND I DIDNT GET IT. Only do business with them if you enjoy repeating yourself repeatedly.
Heidi n.
Heidi n.
Minneapolis, MN

I currently have Wells Fargo for checking/savings/debit/credit card. I've had their services since 1999. They are always kind via phone/online. I am feeling meh about them, for the following reasons, and perhaps they will help others too. If you don't have X amount in your checking account--they deduct $10 EVERY month. That 'X' amount isn't if you have a total of $5k! It's like $500/month. That's A LOT of money to me, but I don't really want to change ALL of my ONline Bill Payments to another bank. Also, one wouldn't think this is an annoyance, but at the local branches--there is a person that greets you AS SOON AS YOU ENTER....it's almost like they are paid $800 to be the first to say Hi, What Can I help you with? I liked the olden days, where you stood in line and talked to the teller about what you needed OR if they had an information desk--you'd know to ask that person.
Stacy C.
Stacy C.
Hilmar, CA

I used Wells Fargo as my first banking account right out of high school. They were great, offered me my very first student visa credit card, which I took full advantage of in order to establish my credit. Overall it was a good experience, however, their customer service was lacking in several areas and when I made an error in my accounting and overdrew my account - the fees they tacked on were overwhelming. It was an honest mistake and I attempted to correct it immediately, but by the time I was able to pay them (a week later) they had tacked on over $200 in service fees and only wrote off $25. I didn't think that was a very fair business practice. Yes, I made a mistake and was fully able and willing to correct it and even accept one or two of the fees. But $200 for a $10 mistake seemed too steep, so I dumped them and went with a different bank.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Savannah, GA

Excellent bank! My father was with Wachovia for many years before they changed to Wells Fargo. I continued the tradition, if you will and so did my baby sister. They have amazing customer service! I called the other night, in the middle of the night, when I noticed my savings account was over drafted (Thanks paypal!). These wonderful people not only corrected it, they refunded a portion of each of my last five over drafts! I didn't even ask for them to do that! They also quickly and efficiently solved a recent theft of money from my checking account. They cut off my debit card, sent me a new one and advised me to go and pick up a temporary from one of the many branches I have near my home. I also love that I can customize my debit cards with pictures of my fur babies! Wonderful bank!
Dixie a.
Dixie a.
Birmingham, AL

At first i really liked this bank, but it seems to be beginning to be more about making customers just a number rather than a person. The branch I use often it's employees aren't fully aware of policies and procedures, and has given me false information several times. When I tried to get it cleared up and understand what is going on, it's like going through a storm, as couple times the manager gave out inaccurate information. Nothing serious or bad has ever affected my account, but still annoying when you are given wrong info. I love that its a well known bank and easy to find branches, I just wish their in branch employees seemed to care more, plus they are super slow, there will be many workers but I am still in line forever.
karen a.
karen a.
miami , florida

Sé que es raro decir que Residence Inn puede estar en mis 5 mejores hoteles para alojarse cuando estoy de viaje por trabajo y sí sé que algunos están fuera de fecha. Pero yo digo que porque es espaciosa, con una sala de estar y cocina, que me permite cocinar hasta comidas sencillas en la cocina frente a tener que ir a un restaurante y sentarse durante 2 horas para completar una comida. También hacen horas felices en los que tienen cerveza y vino y aperitivos que cambia diariamente. Pero no creo que hacen que el viernes y los sábados. Alojarse en el hotel Inn la próxima vez que viaje por su trabajo!
Feb 19 de - 2016 - 8:06 am
RESEÑA INADECUADA
OPINIÓN RELACIONADA
OPINIÓN DUPLICADO
Esta bandera? SERVICIAL

Michelle'le  G.
Michelle'le G.
Tamarac, FL

I have an opportunity account with Wellsfargo, which basicly means no other bank will let me open an account with them due to an on going problem I have with Chase bank. I'm greatful they have this option and I understand that comes with some limitations like not being able to deposit mobile checks or depositing using their ATM but that's fine, the tellers are always very sweet when I go in and never seem inpatient with customers. But I feel as they could use improvement with their website and keeping track of my transactions. Sometimes I make important large transactions that take days to post which could be frustrating when I'm trying to figure out my funds.
Joanna B.
Joanna B.

I had Wells Fargo for years. I liked that the checking account was free and that they had locations all over the US. Anywhere I went they were, for instance when I lived in NYC there was Wells Fargo everywhere. I never had issues overseas either when I called ahead to let them know. The problem was when they began charging monthly fees to have a checking account unless you had a direct deposit, which my work did not do. I did not want to get the extra fees and I was moving overseas so I cancelled. I probably would have kept it, but it wasn't worth it paying the money when I had found another bank with no fees AND no withdrawal atm fees overseas.
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton

Czarina S.
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona, HI

Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA

Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA

I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?

Join Now