Add a Photo

By WELLS FARGO
#6 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

Heidi n.
Heidi n.
Minneapolis, MN

I currently have Wells Fargo for checking/savings/debit/credit card. I've had their services since 1999. They are always kind via phone/online. I am feeling meh about them, for the following reasons, and perhaps they will help others too. If you don't have X amount in your checking account--they deduct $10 EVERY month. That 'X' amount isn't if you have a total of $5k! It's like $500/month. That's A LOT of money to me, but I don't really want to change ALL of my ONline Bill Payments to another bank. Also, one wouldn't think this is an annoyance, but at the local branches--there is a person that greets you AS SOON AS YOU ENTER....it's almost like they are paid $800 to be the first to say Hi, What Can I help you with? I liked the olden days, where you stood in line and talked to the teller about what you needed OR if they had an information desk--you'd know to ask that person.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Savannah, GA

Excellent bank! My father was with Wachovia for many years before they changed to Wells Fargo. I continued the tradition, if you will and so did my baby sister. They have amazing customer service! I called the other night, in the middle of the night, when I noticed my savings account was over drafted (Thanks paypal!). These wonderful people not only corrected it, they refunded a portion of each of my last five over drafts! I didn't even ask for them to do that! They also quickly and efficiently solved a recent theft of money from my checking account. They cut off my debit card, sent me a new one and advised me to go and pick up a temporary from one of the many branches I have near my home. I also love that I can customize my debit cards with pictures of my fur babies! Wonderful bank!
Joanna B.
Joanna B.

I had Wells Fargo for years. I liked that the checking account was free and that they had locations all over the US. Anywhere I went they were, for instance when I lived in NYC there was Wells Fargo everywhere. I never had issues overseas either when I called ahead to let them know. The problem was when they began charging monthly fees to have a checking account unless you had a direct deposit, which my work did not do. I did not want to get the extra fees and I was moving overseas so I cancelled. I probably would have kept it, but it wasn't worth it paying the money when I had found another bank with no fees AND no withdrawal atm fees overseas.
Tina C.
Tina C.
Mchenry, IL

Our mortgage is with this company and we thought we needed to refinance our home, not taking any money out just locking in a low rate. We contacted Wells Fargo and they drew up the paperwork 3 or 4 times, asked for more information and extra documents and signatures then when we purchased our house 10 years ago. The process was so messed up hey had to keep reopening a new deal because thy could not get it done by the end of the month 3 or 4 months in a row! Finally E looked up our mortgage paperwork and found we did not need to worry about locking into a lower rate and ended up telling them to go pound sand.
Angelica E.
Angelica E.
Los Angeles, CA

I currently have Wells Fargo. They gave me a debit card and credit card. One day I lost both cards and I immediately looked up the number to cancel the cards. The credit card was easy to cancel and get a replacement. The debit card took me about an hour or so. They wanted my card number and I was like I lost my card I don't know it. They asked for my account number and I don't know it. I don't carry my checks and all I was carrying was my phone and my wallet that was now lost. It was around 8pm and the branch was close and I wasn't. It was a struggle to get a replacement and cancel it.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Vallejo, CA

I've had Wells Fargo more than 25 years. Even with that said the customer service is questionable. Sometimes are excellent and make sure you're taken care of immediately and then other times it's almost as if they can't or won't help you. They do have many features that I like such as they have Safeway locations that are open on Sundays unlike any other bank. They are also open later in most locations till 7 PM. They haven't given me much grief recently. I have not only my bank, savings, mortgage, student loans and my auto loan with them
Jenn W.
Jenn W.
Carlsbad, NM

I do not like this band, they charge for EVERYTHING and it takes an act of god to get anything done. If you ever call or even worse go into the bank to speak with someone plan on waiting a while. They don't care about anything but getting sales, it's not friendly like other banks. I would never bank her again. No free accounts, unless you do all sorts of different things to make that happen, no free services for customers and they don't' care how long you have been there you're a number and sale from the moment you walk in.
Cinthia S.
Cinthia S.

I have been a member of Wells Fargo since 2014. My first and only bank. I haven't had a problem with my bank. Especially since they have the app where you can take a picture of your check and deposit it right away at anytime. I would definitely recommend Wells Fargos to everyone. The only con is if you have overdraft protection and you use it there will be a fee of $32 every time you use the overdraft protection and I don't find it necessary to charge such a high amount, actually they shouldn't charge at all.
Abby S.
Abby S.
Nashville, TN

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this review but I opened a Wells Fargo checking and savings account 2 1/2 years ago when I moved to a new city where they didn't have the bank I was with at the time. I've not had any problems with them and their customer service reps are always super friendly and helpful. The only thing I don't like is when I call to speak with someone they always try to upsell me on something at the end of the call (a new/different account, paying off my car loan, etc.)
Varah T.
Varah T.

I hate Wells Fargo with a passion. I have accounts with 3 other banks and this one has the worst customer service and technology across the board

their app sucks. it's always deleting my information and acts like I'm a new customer. they charge me the most in terms of monthly fees. I've had multiple fraudulent cases with them and that process is a pain.

I'm sure the only reason they're still operating is because of their elderly loyal customers from when they were an ok service
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton

Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona, HI

Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA

Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA

I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Lysandra C.
Lysandra C.
West Palm Beach, FL

Did any one know that now if you run out of checks there more then happy to print them out for you when ever you need them .