Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.

BY WELLS FARGO #5 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

• Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR ...23 Answers
  • Is this the same bank that merged with Bank of America?6 Answers
  • What is the interest rate on a savings account? 1 Answers
Wells Fargo Bank
  • "I think that give you the benefits of having a national chain while still giving you the customer service of a hometown bank." in 75 reviews
  • "Wells Fargo used to be a great bank when they had reasonable checking accounts and didn't try to force extra accounts for practically every transaction!" in 15 reviews
  • "The only thing I don't really like is when they charge you a monthly fee on the debit card for not swiping it 10x a month." in 13 reviews
  • "I've been a member of Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia and before that First Union, and as a bank, if you're just cashing a check or opening a savings account, they're fine, but as soon as something happens and you need to talk to a representative, their customer service is awful, and they're not looking to help you, just to sell you more products. " in 12 reviews
  • "The only reason I didn't give it an F was that I have come across some great customer service from tellers that actually seemed to care about my issue." in 11 reviews
Greg&CiCi e.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I went into a branch of Wells Fargo because their app wasn't working and my partner Greg was unable to use the mobile deposit. I had the day off so my gut reaction was to say I'd take care of it. I had to deposit a check into our WF joint account anyway. We have a joint account and we live together. I thought nothing of it.

I go to Wells Fargo and write out a deposit slip out for Greg (so in his name). I did not have the account number. Since we hadn't been able to look the number up, Greg gave me his WF credit card so the account could be looked up through the terminal. He doesn't have a debit card for that account. But, I had our joint checkbook on me.

When it was my turn with the teller, I'll leave out names, I explained everything so she knew I had a joint account linked with Greg's and handed her the deposit slip and his work issued check. Again, all in Greg's name. I asked if we could look up the separate account through a credit card. She in response asked to see the card. Once it was in her hands she told me she will have to hold both the check and card until Greg comes to retrieve it.

Here's where my fury lies. She did not check to see if I was an authorized user on the credit card. Hell, she could have said off the bat that she couldn't do what I was asking (still would be idiotic though). But she chose to escalate immediately in front of the other customers waiting in line. She did not ask about our joint account that I informed her of. She did not treat me like a customer. She did not even ask for my ID. She profiled me immediately and confiscated Greg's property without rationale. I was not a customer to her, I was somehow a criminal and she shut down any of the facts. And she deemed herself a more secure keeper for Greg's endorsed check. (I guess Wells Fargo has a pristine record with client security in her reality.)

No apologies ever left her mouth and I feel sorry for that close-minded person and her awful manager perpetuating all the worst qualities and insecurities that set back society. I feel disgusted that Wells Fargo continues to hire at the expense of their customers.

I'd give zero stars if I could.
Tasha W.
Ashland
This is the first bank I used when I was old enough to get an account and a savings account.  It went well until my debit card was stolen and used.  There was about 800 dollars of purchases on the card so I went to them as fast as I could.  I was informed I would have to get a police report done and then come back with a copy.  I did exactly what I was told and when I got back to the branch I was told that they froze the account so it could no longer be used.  I would not be  reimbursed for the couple hundred that was in there when my card was stolen and that I would still have to pay the bank the remaining balance since it was under one thousand dollars.  I left devastated.  I will never use Wells Fargo again.
Olga R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
I used to work for WF so I had a bunch of accounts and I still use them. My opinion of them is probably biased since I used to work there and know what used to go on on the inside. Seems like they’re trying to change be culture so that’s good. As a customer I never really have had an issue with them. They’re a big bank so it’s super easy and convenient to bank with them. They’re also always on the forefront of technology which makes everything even easier. Gotta say I don’t love the way they updated the app/website but it still works. The fees could get high if don’t keep much money in the bank but that is not something I’ve had an issue with. Works for me.
Shannon💋 W.
So I actually worked at Wells Fargo about 2-3 years ago and of course had an account with them. My account was always fine working with them because everything was free. When I didn’t work there however there weren’t so good because I would get random fees for things. They were also always under fire for sketchy things such as opening checking accounts for people without there consent. Or giving people credit cards without there knowledge. I would say this company is a no go because they are always into something sketchy!
Corinne L.
Hghlnds Ranch, CO
I really like having accounts with Wells Fargo. Banking confuses me and they really do seem to try to help you figure it out. The website is what I use the most and I find it (mostly) very user-friendly and whenever I need help it's pretty easy to give them a call or stop in to a location and talk to a banker. I like that they're located everywhere, so I don't have problems finding banks or ATMs.
Genevieve L.
Baltimore, MD
It’s alright. I’ve been with them since they were still Wachovia. I wouldn’t suggest them to anyone for any particular reason. I read that their secured credit card was pretty crap in that they don’t have a set period for when they review for upgrade to non secured and they’re notorious for practically never upgrading them. Personally I’ve considered closing my secured credit account and putting that money in a different account with a new bank. I had my unsecured capital one card for less than the time I’ve had the secured Wells Fargo one and they already increased my credit line.
Felicia R.
Spartanburg, SC
I have had my Wells Fargo account since I was 16. I have always had a checking and savings account with them, and until recently never had to pay for it. Now, they continue to gouge money from my account for any and every reason. I also got a secured credit card from them, to help rebuild my credit, being told my original security deposit would be returned after a year with no late payments or delinquencies. It has been 1.5 years and when I asked the bank about it, I was told there is no way I will be getting my initial deposit back and not even a credit increase (my credit score has gone up over 100 points or more since and I have always paid my card off.) If I didn’t have this credit card I would close my account and never look back. Please do not open accounts with this bank.
Anne N.
I opened my first credit card here as a college student and hence, started learning and building my credit. Wells Fargo offered me savings and cash back from stores I visit and purchase. They change monthly but every savings count! Also very grateful that they accepted my application and trusted me!! Love it and their customer service at various banks are superb!
Marissa M.
I have banked with Wells Fargo for a few years now and used to work there as a teller and I’ve never had any problems! Some branches are by far better than others but once you find a team that has your back, they are really willing to do anything to help their customers no matter what they need. They go above and beyond financial services.
Jazzlyn H.
Lancaster
Things are alright when you have everything in place regarding budgets, letting them know if future vacations, until you get charged 25-35 bucks of overdraft fees, for not being able to complete the monthly task(s) because your identity was stolen, or you didn’t get paid that much to even keep the account open, or pay bills.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton, FL
Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona , HI
Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA
I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Lysandra C.
West Palm Beach
Did any one know that now if you run out of checks there more then happy to print them out for you when ever you need them .