Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.Wells Fargo Bank uploaded by Sul Y.

BY WELLS FARGO #6 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

• Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR ...23 Answers
  • Is this the same bank that merged with Bank of America?6 Answers
  • How would I know my Credit score?1 Answers
Wells Fargo Bank
  • "I think that give you the benefits of having a national chain while still giving you the customer service of a hometown bank." in 75 reviews
  • "Wells Fargo used to be a great bank when they had reasonable checking accounts and didn't try to force extra accounts for practically every transaction!" in 15 reviews
  • "The only thing I don't really like is when they charge you a monthly fee on the debit card for not swiping it 10x a month." in 13 reviews
  • "I've been a member of Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia and before that First Union, and as a bank, if you're just cashing a check or opening a savings account, they're fine, but as soon as something happens and you need to talk to a representative, their customer service is awful, and they're not looking to help you, just to sell you more products. " in 12 reviews
  • "The only reason I didn't give it an F was that I have come across some great customer service from tellers that actually seemed to care about my issue." in 11 reviews
Greg&CiCi e.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I went into a branch of Wells Fargo because their app wasn't working and my partner Greg was unable to use the mobile deposit. I had the day off so my gut reaction was to say I'd take care of it. I had to deposit a check into our WF joint account anyway. We have a joint account and we live together. I thought nothing of it.

I go to Wells Fargo and write out a deposit slip out for Greg (so in his name). I did not have the account number. Since we hadn't been able to look the number up, Greg gave me his WF credit card so the account could be looked up through the terminal. He doesn't have a debit card for that account. But, I had our joint checkbook on me.

When it was my turn with the teller, I'll leave out names, I explained everything so she knew I had a joint account linked with Greg's and handed her the deposit slip and his work issued check. Again, all in Greg's name. I asked if we could look up the separate account through a credit card. She in response asked to see the card. Once it was in her hands she told me she will have to hold both the check and card until Greg comes to retrieve it.

Here's where my fury lies. She did not check to see if I was an authorized user on the credit card. Hell, she could have said off the bat that she couldn't do what I was asking (still would be idiotic though). But she chose to escalate immediately in front of the other customers waiting in line. She did not ask about our joint account that I informed her of. She did not treat me like a customer. She did not even ask for my ID. She profiled me immediately and confiscated Greg's property without rationale. I was not a customer to her, I was somehow a criminal and she shut down any of the facts. And she deemed herself a more secure keeper for Greg's endorsed check. (I guess Wells Fargo has a pristine record with client security in her reality.)

No apologies ever left her mouth and I feel sorry for that close-minded person and her awful manager perpetuating all the worst qualities and insecurities that set back society. I feel disgusted that Wells Fargo continues to hire at the expense of their customers.

I'd give zero stars if I could.
Giovanna Q.
San Antonio, TX
al no ser ciudadana no me dan tantos beneficios aun asi considero que es un buen banco me ah ayudado a mantener is finanzas en orden asi que estoy contenta con este banco, algo en contra es quizás las altas comisiones si no se mantiene un saldo mínimo pero aun asi es buena opción
Tasha W.
Ashland
This is the first bank I used when I was old enough to get an account and a savings account.  It went well until my debit card was stolen and used.  There was about 800 dollars of purchases on the card so I went to them as fast as I could.  I was informed I would have to get a police report done and then come back with a copy.  I did exactly what I was told and when I got back to the branch I was told that they froze the account so it could no longer be used.  I would not be  reimbursed for the couple hundred that was in there when my card was stolen and that I would still have to pay the bank the remaining balance since it was under one thousand dollars.  I left devastated.  I will never use Wells Fargo again.
Olga R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
I used to work for WF so I had a bunch of accounts and I still use them. My opinion of them is probably biased since I used to work there and know what used to go on on the inside. Seems like they’re trying to change be culture so that’s good. As a customer I never really have had an issue with them. They’re a big bank so it’s super easy and convenient to bank with them. They’re also always on the forefront of technology which makes everything even easier. Gotta say I don’t love the way they updated the app/website but it still works. The fees could get high if don’t keep much money in the bank but that is not something I’ve had an issue with. Works for me.
niko a.
Phoenix
Love the Wells Fargo app. It allows smooth and easy transactions to and from my family. I can also easily transfer money from different accounts without going to the bank in person. I highly recommend getting the app.
ariane b.
It’s been frustrating at times but after trying to switch checking accounts to start fresh after being with Wells Fargo for 9 years, my new checking account didn’t provide the same services as fast as Wells Fargo did.
VEEE X.
Minneapolis , MN
Never had issues, customer care has helped every time. Lost card once, they took care of everything right away and issued temporary card, which was helpful ain’t nobody got time to wait for new card to come in
Makayla D.
Pensacola, FL
I have used this bank for everything from checking and savings to student loans and credit cards. I have had a great experience with it all. They are eager to please and conveniently located anywhere I may need.
Desi K.
Cheyenne
Ugh where to start? I have had so many problems with this bank it’s unbelievable. Their practices are weird to say the least. For example, a medical office sent a check for a reimbursement. The check was addressed to my father as he is the insurance holder. He signed the check over to me. The memo also said it was for me. Yet Wells Fargo refused to take it. I told them that my fathers account and mine were even linked. They said that because my mother is also on their account they couldn’t do anything. What a joke. I couldn’t even cash a check.
Corinne L.
Hghlnds Ranch, CO
I really like having accounts with Wells Fargo. Banking confuses me and they really do seem to try to help you figure it out. The website is what I use the most and I find it (mostly) very user-friendly and whenever I need help it's pretty easy to give them a call or stop in to a location and talk to a banker. I like that they're located everywhere, so I don't have problems finding banks or ATMs.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton, FL
Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona , HI
Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA
I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Lysandra C.
West Palm Beach
Did any one know that now if you run out of checks there more then happy to print them out for you when ever you need them .