Add a Photo

By WELLS FARGO
#5 in Banks

Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.

Noelle S.
Noelle S.

It was great when it was Wachovia then here came Wells Fargo. I purchased an item online and the merchant chose to change the amount charged without authorization. To make matters worse then i didn't even get the item. I called to dispute both (overcharge and no receipt) and was given preliminary credit. I felt like i wouldn't have a problem but they closed all my debit cards (not accounts just cards) without telling me. I looked like a fool at breakfast! When i called i was told to go in a branch who then told me to call and so on (the cycle continued). In the end wells fargo wouldn't reinstate my debit cards and came back a month after i decided to close them due to inconvenience and stuck me with a bill to pay for the item i didn't get. They also said authorized charge..YES IT WAS IT WAS A WRONG AMOUNT AND I DIDNT GET IT. Only do business with them if you enjoy repeating yourself repeatedly.
Heidi n.
Heidi n.
Minneapolis, MN

I currently have Wells Fargo for checking/savings/debit/credit card. I've had their services since 1999. They are always kind via phone/online. I am feeling meh about them, for the following reasons, and perhaps they will help others too. If you don't have X amount in your checking account--they deduct $10 EVERY month. That 'X' amount isn't if you have a total of $5k! It's like $500/month. That's A LOT of money to me, but I don't really want to change ALL of my ONline Bill Payments to another bank. Also, one wouldn't think this is an annoyance, but at the local branches--there is a person that greets you AS SOON AS YOU ENTER....it's almost like they are paid $800 to be the first to say Hi, What Can I help you with? I liked the olden days, where you stood in line and talked to the teller about what you needed OR if they had an information desk--you'd know to ask that person.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Savannah, GA

Excellent bank! My father was with Wachovia for many years before they changed to Wells Fargo. I continued the tradition, if you will and so did my baby sister. They have amazing customer service! I called the other night, in the middle of the night, when I noticed my savings account was over drafted (Thanks paypal!). These wonderful people not only corrected it, they refunded a portion of each of my last five over drafts! I didn't even ask for them to do that! They also quickly and efficiently solved a recent theft of money from my checking account. They cut off my debit card, sent me a new one and advised me to go and pick up a temporary from one of the many branches I have near my home. I also love that I can customize my debit cards with pictures of my fur babies! Wonderful bank!
Dixie a.
Dixie a.
Birmingham, AL

At first i really liked this bank, but it seems to be beginning to be more about making customers just a number rather than a person. The branch I use often it's employees aren't fully aware of policies and procedures, and has given me false information several times. When I tried to get it cleared up and understand what is going on, it's like going through a storm, as couple times the manager gave out inaccurate information. Nothing serious or bad has ever affected my account, but still annoying when you are given wrong info. I love that its a well known bank and easy to find branches, I just wish their in branch employees seemed to care more, plus they are super slow, there will be many workers but I am still in line forever.
karen a.
karen a.
miami , florida

Sé que es raro decir que Residence Inn puede estar en mis 5 mejores hoteles para alojarse cuando estoy de viaje por trabajo y sí sé que algunos están fuera de fecha. Pero yo digo que porque es espaciosa, con una sala de estar y cocina, que me permite cocinar hasta comidas sencillas en la cocina frente a tener que ir a un restaurante y sentarse durante 2 horas para completar una comida. También hacen horas felices en los que tienen cerveza y vino y aperitivos que cambia diariamente. Pero no creo que hacen que el viernes y los sábados. Alojarse en el hotel Inn la próxima vez que viaje por su trabajo!
Feb 19 de - 2016 - 8:06 am
RESEÑA INADECUADA
OPINIÓN RELACIONADA
OPINIÓN DUPLICADO
Esta bandera? SERVICIAL

Joanna B.
Joanna B.

I had Wells Fargo for years. I liked that the checking account was free and that they had locations all over the US. Anywhere I went they were, for instance when I lived in NYC there was Wells Fargo everywhere. I never had issues overseas either when I called ahead to let them know. The problem was when they began charging monthly fees to have a checking account unless you had a direct deposit, which my work did not do. I did not want to get the extra fees and I was moving overseas so I cancelled. I probably would have kept it, but it wasn't worth it paying the money when I had found another bank with no fees AND no withdrawal atm fees overseas.
Tina C.
Tina C.
Mchenry, IL

Our mortgage is with this company and we thought we needed to refinance our home, not taking any money out just locking in a low rate. We contacted Wells Fargo and they drew up the paperwork 3 or 4 times, asked for more information and extra documents and signatures then when we purchased our house 10 years ago. The process was so messed up hey had to keep reopening a new deal because thy could not get it done by the end of the month 3 or 4 months in a row! Finally E looked up our mortgage paperwork and found we did not need to worry about locking into a lower rate and ended up telling them to go pound sand.
Ruthie R.
Ruthie R.
Mesa, AZ

I liked Wells Fargo. I was a customer for 10 years. That was until, one of the branches started to take money from my account without notifying me to pay a random entity that claimed was me. Well Fargo never confirmed it with me AT ALL, they just gave my money away. $600 less later, the banker that gave away my money played the blame game and didn't show remorse even though he admitted it was his mistake. I took my money elsewhere. I think Wells Fargo forgets their own policies sometimes. It could have just been the branch that messed up not the bank, but still. They lost me as a customer.
Angelica E.
Angelica E.
Los Angeles, CA

I currently have Wells Fargo. They gave me a debit card and credit card. One day I lost both cards and I immediately looked up the number to cancel the cards. The credit card was easy to cancel and get a replacement. The debit card took me about an hour or so. They wanted my card number and I was like I lost my card I don't know it. They asked for my account number and I don't know it. I don't carry my checks and all I was carrying was my phone and my wallet that was now lost. It was around 8pm and the branch was close and I wasn't. It was a struggle to get a replacement and cancel it.
Jenn W.
Jenn W.
Carlsbad, NM

I do not like this band, they charge for EVERYTHING and it takes an act of god to get anything done. If you ever call or even worse go into the bank to speak with someone plan on waiting a while. They don't care about anything but getting sales, it's not friendly like other banks. I would never bank her again. No free accounts, unless you do all sorts of different things to make that happen, no free services for customers and they don't' care how long you have been there you're a number and sale from the moment you walk in.
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Boca Raton

Do you like this bank compared to others?
Czarina S.
Czarina S.
Kailua Kona, HI

Did you know that you can create your own debit card FOR FREE on wellsfargo.com? I recently did mine & I can't wait for it to come to me! It's a pic of my SO & me in Disneyland :)
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA

Do you currently get charged the monthly fee to use your debit card? This is why I went to another bank but I sure do miss Wells Customer Service! :/
Cristina C.
Cristina C.
Lamont, CA

I don't have a bank account. Would this one be a good start?
Lysandra C.
Lysandra C.
West Palm Beach, FL

Did any one know that now if you run out of checks there more then happy to print them out for you when ever you need them .

Join Now