Wells Fargo Bank
Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo is a provider of banking, mortgage, investing, credit card, insurance, and consumer and commercial financial services.see more...
Top Questions See all 218 Q&A
- "I think that give you the benefits of having a national chain while still giving you the customer service of a hometown bank." in 75 reviews
- "Wells Fargo used to be a great bank when they had reasonable checking accounts and didn't try to force extra accounts for practically every transaction!" in 15 reviews
- "The only thing I don't really like is when they charge you a monthly fee on the debit card for not swiping it 10x a month." in 13 reviews
- "I've been a member of Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia and before that First Union, and as a bank, if you're just cashing a check or opening a savings account, they're fine, but as soon as something happens and you need to talk to a representative, their customer service is awful, and they're not looking to help you, just to sell you more products. " in 12 reviews
- "The only reason I didn't give it an F was that I have come across some great customer service from tellers that actually seemed to care about my issue." in 11 reviews
I go to Wells Fargo and write out a deposit slip out for Greg (so in his name). I did not have the account number. Since we hadn't been able to look the number up, Greg gave me his WF credit card so the account could be looked up through the terminal. He doesn't have a debit card for that account. But, I had our joint checkbook on me.
When it was my turn with the teller, I'll leave out names, I explained everything so she knew I had a joint account linked with Greg's and handed her the deposit slip and his work issued check. Again, all in Greg's name. I asked if we could look up the separate account through a credit card. She in response asked to see the card. Once it was in her hands she told me she will have to hold both the check and card until Greg comes to retrieve it.
Here's where my fury lies. She did not check to see if I was an authorized user on the credit card. Hell, she could have said off the bat that she couldn't do what I was asking (still would be idiotic though). But she chose to escalate immediately in front of the other customers waiting in line. She did not ask about our joint account that I informed her of. She did not treat me like a customer. She did not even ask for my ID. She profiled me immediately and confiscated Greg's property without rationale. I was not a customer to her, I was somehow a criminal and she shut down any of the facts. And she deemed herself a more secure keeper for Greg's endorsed check. (I guess Wells Fargo has a pristine record with client security in her reality.)
No apologies ever left her mouth and I feel sorry for that close-minded person and her awful manager perpetuating all the worst qualities and insecurities that set back society. I feel disgusted that Wells Fargo continues to hire at the expense of their customers.
I'd give zero stars if I could.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos