BY WELLNESS

Specially formulated for the unique nutritional needs of the small breed dog. Small breeds need to get lots of nutrition from the little portions they consume. This is where our live, naturally occurring micro organisms are most beneficial. The extra energy your small dog needs should come from protein not just fat so we use 4 quality animal protein sources, which also help satisfy the commonly sophisticated palate of small breeds. Our formula is thoughtfully made with USDA fit for human consumption whole foods including deboned chicken, oatmeal, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, apples, blueberries and ground flaxseed. Super5Mix recipes represents a synergistic combination of natural ingredients created with your dog's whole-health in mind. We start with premium, human-grade ingredients including pure protein sources and wholesome grains and combine them with our unique mix of complementary nutritional supplements. We call it our 5 for Life Supplement System. We use fruits and vegetables for their antioxidant power, phytonutrient rich botanicals and herbs for wellbeing, and utilize omega-fatty acids for cellular function. We also include essential vitamins, chelated minerals and active probiotic cultures and guarantee calcium levels and add sources of glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate to help maintain healthy bones and joints. Plus, we ensure excellent nutrient digestibility through our Digestool confirmation studies - less nutrients in the stool, means more nutrients stay in the body.

• Are the pieces tiny? I have a small dog, but she likes bi...1 Answers
  • what is a good dog food for small dogs that is healthy. I...2 Answers
  • I have a same dog that wouldn't touch this stuff. Any tips?4 Answers
Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Natural Dry Dog Food
  • "When we did this Annie picked out all the little pieces of the dry food and put them on the floor and ate just the wet food." in 9 reviews
  • "I mean they would not touch the stuff, even the wet food which honestly for them is unheard of." in 6 reviews
  • "My dog loves these, i use the wellness brand for her dry food and for her treats, i find she likes the taste." in 6 reviews
  • "Gizmo, my furbaby, has gotten more sensitive to what he digests over time and now at almost 12 the only food I will ever serve him is Wellness Brand canned cat food." in 5 reviews
  • "my dogs (yorkies) seem to like it and it's better for them when compared to wet, canned dog food which can lead to dental problems. " in 5 reviews
Sarah S.
Ashford, CT
My dogs absolutely love this food, it comes in different flavors. It’s healthy and keeps my dogs in good health. I wouldn’t give them food that I thought was bad. I would buy this again.
Haley P.
Irvine
Purchased at: Chewy.com
Review for: Super5Mix Small Breed Adult Health Dog Food more...
We give this to our dog for all his meals! He’s a very picky eater and this is one of the foods that he’ll eat! We like to mix it up and give it to him w little turkey and chicken bits - and he LOVES it!!
Gia J.
My dogs like to get into everything, I'm sure like most. However, it caused them to have a lot of stomach issues when they were still pups. I decided to switch them from Merrick over to wellness to help with their digestion and they seemed even more excited when I made the switch. I have had them on Wellness ever since. It it good for their tummies, for their coats, it gives them great energy and it fills them up. I love that even if they do eat grass or something that their dog food helps them to digest it better as well as keep them on a solid, and healthy track. :-)
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My 2 small chihuahuas love this dog food. They are pretty picky and it took me a while to figure out which food/kibble they liked best. When I finally gave them this one by Wellness, they were both ravenous eating their food. It contains chicken, carrots and peas and also a wide variety of vitamins and minerals to sustain a healthy immune system. What I like best about this food is that it doesn't have meat byproducts, no fillers or artificial preservatives.
Lindsey J.
Sarasota, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
My 6 pound Morkie has never really been a good eater. He was eating Blue Buffalo, but the vet said it was too high in protein for his small size, and recommended that we switch to something like Science Diet. We tried that, and he wouldn't eat it at all. The vet suggested that the Science Diet might be too bland for him since he was used to the big flavors of Blue Buffalo, and recommended Wellness because its still healthy, but uses lots of fruits and veggies to make it really flavorful. My little guy loves this food! It didn't upset his stomach when we switched over and it is not quite as expensive as some of the other brands.
Sarah M.
Macon, GA
I absolutely adore the Wellness brand. We swapped to this style of food about a year ago and I've never seen a happier pup than my 13 year old pomchi mix. I do a mixture of both the adult small dog and the senior small dog and I honestly believe it helps his joints. I recommend any small dog owner to give this a go.
Mandymae C.
La Feria, TX
I bought Wellness Small Breed Healthy Weight about a month ago from my local PetCo. There is a total of 5 fury little pups in my house, 3 of which are picky little Chihuahuas. I've gone through several different food brands, both wet and dry, for them, two things are major factors when it comes to buying food for them: ingredients and of course whether they will eat it or not. I tried to feed them IAMS salmon and rice dry and wet food, they hated it. I mean they would not touch the stuff, even the wet food which honestly for them is unheard of. After trying a few others I decided to try Wellness Small Breed Healthy Weight after 20 minutes in the aisle comparing the ingredients in 3 different foods. 2 of my Chis are a little on the hefty side, which if you've owned a few you know can be a bit of the problem with the breed, especially when they bug you and do tricks while you're eating, it can be hard to say "no" lol. Anyway, I have noticed quite a difference in their weight. My 2 chubbsters have slimmed down and the other has maintained her weight. Their coats have always been pretty healthy so I'm not sure if it really did anything for that but they do actually seem to enjoy chomping down this food, that was in all disclosure, pretty surprising to me. I do plan on buying Wellness band again.
Diana M.
Miami
My dog loves this food! She's 6 years old and has had wellness since she was a puppy. Though I've switched it out sometimes this is her favorite and the one that has her coat at its best. She's a picky eater and this is the one where she has the most food during the day.
Mary P.
Riverhead, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This dog food is a favorite of my 3 dachshunds. I’ve been using this brand and variety for the past 4 years and I will continue to purchase it.
McKenna B.
San Francisco, CA
Some animals can survive on the crap junk sold at grocery stores labeled as "cat food" and some can not. Some animals have an iron stomach tolerant of any kind of food, some don't. Gizmo, my furbaby, has gotten more sensitive to what he digests over time and now at almost 12 the only food I will ever serve him is Wellness Brand canned cat food.

Their entire line of products is amazing. Real ingredients (not by-product), high in protein, low in cabs/fats.

Started Giz on Wellness after doing my research on grocery store dry cat food and he loved it. Ignorantly switched him back to grocery store stuff thinking "How bad could it really be?", uhm SUPER BAD, is the answer. Almost $600 in vet bills and a cat who wouldn't eat for two days, a prescription for an appetite stimulant and bottle feeding him proves to me that Wellness is the way to go. He LOVES the food and has never had any medical problems when this is his primary meal source.

I recommend this to every pet owner I know, get them on Wellness before it's too late, but if they are having health issues definitely make the switch, it's worth it for their quality of life.

Get Wellness for your furbaby, you won't regret it.
Shahidah B.
ewing, New Jersey
Does anyone know where I can find coupons or samples of this product?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Do they have these for cats as well?
Tammy S.
Calgary , AB
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I have a same dog that wouldn't touch this stuff. Any tips?
Gina O.
Brownsville, TX
My dog is 7 years old and her activity level is not as high due to our work schedules. How has the weight management differed from the regular small breed adult option?
Kisha B.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
what is a good dog food for small dogs that is healthy. I've found that Beniful is said to not be a good food and he has skin issues when eating that brand.