Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz

Wella Color Charm Dust-Free Powder Lightener: Up to 7 levels of lift Controlled and reliable lightening action For brilliant blonde result Protecting oil system to help lock in moisture For all on- and off-scalp application techniques. Type: Hair Color

Does anyone have any tips on bleaching your own hair at home? I currently have highlights and need to bleach it to dye the color I want. Any advice? [product:color-charm-powder-lightener-1-pound-wella-color-charm-powder-lighteners-by-wella]
Do you apply this to wet or dry hair? Also, once processing is complete do I wash with shampoo before I apply toner? Thank you.Emily
I purchased this product but it keeps drying out after application. Anyone have advice how to prevent drying so the lightening affects can stay active?
Start your review of Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz!
Elvin C.
Hollywood, FL
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Elvin C.
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Elvin C.
This lightener is the best. As long as it is used well, it can give you the best results on light blonde hair up to 7 levels. It is very simple to use, it has very well written instructions and it works very fast. Its function is very good together with other brands of peroxide, for example to obtain the clearest results I have used peroxide levels 40 or 50 from different brands and they have worked very well for me. The price point is quite economical compared to other salon brands but it has wonderful results. Ive been using this brands for more than five years and i think is higly recommended.
Sofia P.
San Luis
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Sofia P.
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BLEACH POWDER!!!!!! I unfortunately had to buy the small packages but it was wonderful I got to the point were I had almost white hair... like any bleach, it did damage my hair since it’s really thin but it did remove almost all of my color
Toni V.
Donora, PA
This is my holy grail, all day every day, favorite bleach powder ever. My love affair with it began back in the day when I started Cosmetology School, and it's only gotten more spicy and torrid since! I will never trust or use another bleach powder, and that's on Wella 'n em.
MANDY K.
Chula Vista, CA
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by MANDY K.
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by MANDY K.
I've been wearing my naturally brown hair platinum for about seven years. This has been one of my go to lighteners. Bleaching is not going to be good for your hair. Unfortunately, there's no getting around that. But, using the right products during the process will help to minimize damage. I use this with Wella developer, to lift the color from my hair. I usually do this two times. The first time tends to get most of the color out, but I don't want to over process, so a second round helps to remove and fix any residual patchiness. It's absolutely normal for your hair to have brassy yellow/orange tone when you are bleaching. The goal is to get it to the lightness you desire, and then use a toner to give it the correct hue. This stuff does a great job for me to lighten my hair, and after toning, I am very pleased with the platinum hue I achieve. This is powerful stuff, so be careful when using. It's going to have a strong smell, and can cause irritation to skin, so use gloves and take other precautions to protect yourself when using. Depending on your hair resiliancy and how much you lighten, there may be damage, so I would also invest in products to condition your hair before and after this process.
Reyvan L.
Rogue River, OR
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Reyvan L.
This stuff is amazing! I use it all the time. I’ve been doing my own hair for over 5 years! It truly saves so much money if you know what you’re doing! This product will lift 7-10 shades. It is the best I’ve used so far. Blonde for 10+ years. Sally Beauty Supply
Letty S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
1,172 reviews
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Letty S.
This product is seriously amazing! I've bleached my hair a few different times using different products, but it usually fries my hair and makes it hard to manage. Wella is the only product I've used that worked perfectly whole keeping the integrity of my hair.
Toni V.
Donora, PA
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Toni V.
This giant vat of bleach powder is a staple in my professional cosmetology kit. I use this on all hair types, including my own. My natural hair color is a Level Four, but with this I was able to lighten my hair to a Level Nine in one process. This is a great value. The bleach powder isn't funky and doesn't spit a cloud of dust in your face when using. If you know what you're doing, I definitely recommend. I love the scoop that is included. This is the only bleach powder that I will use.
Robyn D.
More gentle than most. Beautiful lifting action, and slightly toned at the same time. I definitely recommend getting a stylist to lighten your hair. But we'll lightener doesn't make your scalp feel like it's burning even after sitting for a while.
Chelsea M.
The best reliable OG powder lifter hands down bc it is fail proof & CREAM! So less processing time & does not run all down your neck & face. U prefer to cap it & hit with medium blow-drier setting for 9 minutes wrap hot towel over cap & BAM! My hair lifts in 15 minutes & no need for toner!!! Classic product great value performs constantly well over 16 yrs of using.
Bella L.
Goodyear, AZ
Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener 16 oz uploaded by Bella L.
This is CHEAP, comes in bulk, and is easy even for beginners. I’ve used this on dozens of different hair types. Sure it’s slow. But it takes it safe and I’ve never caused any damage using this.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Megan C.
Alabaster, AL
il y a 2 ans
Flora J. il y a 2 ans
I agree with @Sarahs169. I also cover the last part of the hair I put the product on with foil to help increase the heat. I saw a beautician do it at a salon one time. It seems to help increase the processing.