Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Haircolor 1N uploaded by Jaydie T.

BY WELLA #21 in Demi-Permanent Hair Color

Jes B.
N Brunswick, NJ
I had grown out black roots and the rest of my hair was brown with blonde highlights. I just wanted to go back to all black and decided to pick up the Black color in Wella's Demi Permanent Haircolor. I have damaged hair from bleaching it blonde for two years so I figured the demi would be less damaging than doing permanent. I used a volume 10 developer by ZOTOs instead of the Wella Activator, since that’s what I already had in my home.

For one, the color is a jet black. I have naturally black hair but this is definitely darker than that - which is what I wanted so I'm happy with it. What I'm more happy with is how SHINY it made my hair. I was getting so many compliments from my coworkers on how shiny and healthy my hair looks. Usually once I wash it after a few days, my hair typically feels/looks damaged and course again. Not with this dye! My hair still feels super shiny and healthy. I waited a week before washing it again and some of the color was washing out but it's still a very dark black - maybe a bit more natural looking. Very happy with the product.

Update: After 5-6 washes, my hair is still black! I notice there's always purple water when I wash my hair which means the color is coming out (less and less so each time) - which is normal for demi! My hair is now less of a jet black and more of a natural black. It still feels so soft and shiny. I've been dying my hair for years and this is the best dye I've ever used!
Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
As a demi, it works wonders. It's super black, and lasts relatively long. My one issue is that I applied this over rose gold hair, and after a month (keep in mind I don't wash my hair often, every 2-3 days) the rose gold tone started showing through. The color was vibrant until then, application was a breeze and swift, and it came out of my hair easily with a bleach bath and toner.
Meghan C.
I love Wella Color Charm! I use their permanent dye and toners. I'm a dirty blonde and Wella helps get it to the color and tone I want. It's not harsh on your hair so you don't get that processed feel. Just make sure you're comfortable with hair coloring though, especially if you're coming from a darker shade.
Ty R.
Carson, MS
Wella color is amazing!!! Just keep in mind with this particular color, hair must be pre lightened to a very pale yellow in order for this to process correctly. It will definitely be a multi step process but the results will be beautiful if done correctly!!
India C.
Works very well but first you must bleach your hair to the lightest possible color- the palest yellow you can get, aim for the color of the inside of a banana peel. Otherwise it can't work to eliminate yellow color.
Alyssa A.
Boston, MA
This product is magic. It's best used for achieving that silver and grey colors, but even if you don't have it it'll help tone down orange/yellows since it has a blue base.
Yessenia G.
Laredo, TX
I color my hair a lot and this is just the color that I have been looking for. Mind that you do have to bleach your hair but once you have that down this color looks great!
Kristina M.
Pulaski, NY
I love wella! always true to color and don't fade super quick. of course while using a color safe shampoo it lasts until you have a very noticeable line of demarcation.
Maggie B.
Seattle, WA
This is the color to use if you want to be on trend with the latest silver/grey hair color. Best for hair that has already been lightened to a very pale blonde.
Jami F.
Covington, KY
I love all well products they are developed to make almost any color but leave it to the professional for that but holds very well