Weleda Skin Food Light

by Weleda

The new cream is a more light and fluid version of our best-selling Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream. A vibrant herbal blend of chamomile, calendula, and pansy invigorates your senses while feeding dry skin a dose of moisture.

Has anyone able to offer a comparison between skin food light and skin food? I have skin food, but it is quite a heavy product, so was wondering if I should switch to the light version for the summer.
Does it feel heavy on skin ?
I am a Weleda Skin Food lover but am considering trying the lighter version for summer. Does the light version still keep your skin well moisturized and dewy like the regular version?
Start your review of Weleda Skin Food Light!
Mirla G.
Brockton, MA
Weleda Skin Food Light uploaded by Mirla G.
Purchased at: Whole Foods
Great for dry rough elbows/hands. Works terrifically. Extremely moisturizing! Happy I tried this cream.
Tori S.
Playa Del Rey, CA
Weleda Skin Food Light uploaded by Tori S.
Purchased at: Amazon
This is my first time using this product and I am so happy with how effective it is. My skin immediately absorbs the lotion and feels so nourished after using. I got the light product because I have sensitive skin sometimes and I love it. I’m excited to try the original formula now that I know my skin is ok with this brand. I’ve used all over my face and body and love this when I need a hydration pick-me-up.
Abigail M.
I use this as a hand cream and I like it. It doesn't work when my hands are super super dry but on normal nights it works pretty well. I use it right before bed since it is a little greasy and it's a nice little routine. My husband uses it too sometimes and we both plan to keep purchasing it unless we find something better
Ale C.
It’s a thick moisturizer, but goes well even for sensitive skin. It’s a must have during winter time!
Colleen H.
Arlington, VA
Love this stuff! Super hydrating like the original but light enough that it doesn’t clog pores. I found it really calming on my inflamed skin.
Johanna B.
Milwaukee, WI
Purchased at: CVS
I was recently reminded of Weleda Skin Food Light I had Weleda products around when my kids were babies & loved their baby products. The Weleda Skin Food Light is a great moisturizer/primer for my morning makeup routine and I’ve found it to be a good nighttime moisturizer for my oily/combo skin. My husband, who has dry skin, started using the Weleda Skin Food Original. at night, which he just loves. Either product is an wonderful nourishing moisturizer for a great price.
Tess P.
New York
The best thick cream for nighttime. The best thing for dry skin but it’s sooo thick in case you hate that
Christina X.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Weleda Skin Food Light uploaded by Christina X.
Weleda Skin Food Light uploaded by Christina X.
This is my everyday moisturizer. It’s nice and lightweight and absorbs easily. I’m in love with the fragrance- it’s a bit herbal and citrusy. It’s a nice basic moisturizer that keeps me moisturizer well throughout the day.
Meg T.
Works well under makeup on my dry skin, and pairs well with the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. Has a light herbal scent, nothing too overpowering. I love it, but someone with oily skin may find it to be too much.
Abbie D.
Birmingham
Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream, 2.5 Fluid Ounce. Perfect for the daytime, a thin consistency sitting perfectly under make-up/primers. There’s no way of improving the formula. Not a disappointing product, improves my acne so much by hydrating and providing the nutrients needed.