BY WELEDA

Dry, rough skin of any age gets indulgent moisture with this intensively nourishing, deeply hydrating cream. It’s a unique, ultra-rich whole-body cream that deeply hydrates, restores and protects your skin. Stubborn dryness on your elbows, hands, and feet are moisturized and conditioned with the essential fatty acids and vitamin E in our organic sunflower seed oil. Organic pansy is known for its mild antiseptic properties that calm dry irritation. Soothing rosemary leaf extract’s mild antiseptic properties and the anti-inflammatory properties of Biodynamic® and organic calendula flower extract gently nourish and care for your skin. Deeply moisturized and protected, your skin looks soft and supple with a healthy glow. It’s your recommended daily allowance of radiance, and it’s just what you and your skin are craving.

Weleda Skin Food
  • "I would recommend that everyone atleast try to get a sample of this and atleast see how they feel about it." in 1 review
  • "During the summer I have oily skin and this product is very thick." in 1 review
  • "I don't get such dry skin patches that I would ever really want something like this." in 1 review
  • "But the product it great, I used to use it a night and a little goes a long way!" in 1 review
Khadija A.
Khadija A.
Brentwood, TN
I have incredibly dry skin where in the worst case it gets quite flaky. Though not advertised to use on your face, it works quite well on incredibly dry facial skin and is incredibly restorative. At first try it seems quite daunting with the thickness and richness of the cream, but it really sinks into the skin and restores and moisturizes it beautifully. This is a staple for me and part of my morning and evening rituals. Would highly recommend for all skin types (obviously gauging amount used per necessity) but especially for those with very dry and very sensitive skin. The tube it comes in is quite sturdy and the price is quite affordable. I've used a milieu of brand name moisturizers and nothing has worked as well as Weleda's Skin Food. It's also a German company so their standards of production and what goes into the product tend to be much higher than in other countries. Not a complete 5 stars only because of the oily sheen that it can leave, though it's easy blotted away.
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this product. It is composed of a blend of natural ingredients, such as plant extracts and essential oils. The cream is extremely thick and has a very strong natural scent. It is very versatile; I like to use it as a night cream when I have dry skin, as well as on other dry patches on my body. Although it is very thick and occasionally difficult to manage, it softens easily when warmed up between the fingers. It is great to use during harsh winters or when flying, as the cream helps retain moisture when applied on top of other skin care products. The aluminum tube eventually starts to crinkle as product is used, but the annoyance is minor. If you would like to purchase the product, I recommend Target, because they sell it for about seven dollars cheaper than other stores.
Angela T.
Angela T.
Everett, WA
I have really dry skin and I use both moisturizers and oils on a daily basis. This product was recommended to me. I have a mixed reaction to how I feel about this product. It is a bit more "greasy" feeling than I really like and it takes quite a while to absorb into your skin. Sometimes, I wonder if it actually absorbed or it just ended up rubbing off on everything that I have touched. If I put it on at night and put gloves on over it, that seems to help.
Lucy R.
Lucy R.
Grapevine, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in a beauty box like 6 years back and have been hooked since. It's a rich rich cream in a metal tube with a heavy feel and strong herbal scent. I love massaging it into sore legs at the end of the day, makes my legs sexy and shiny, the scent is uplifting and the heaviness helps with patches of dry skin I have on my legs. Will always have a tube of this for those insanely dry patches
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can't get past the scent which is a strong herbal citrus almost medicinal smell which isn't pleasant at all to me. The formula does separate in the tube and goes on somewhat greasy and sticky so it's not good at all for hands unless you're using it right before bed. Not a fan of this at all, mostly because the scent is so unappealing to me.
Laura L.
Laura L.
Anaheim, CA
I didn't really like this product. It made my skin overly greasy. I didn't find it hydrating or helpful at all. My mother, however, finished the rest of container. It softened her rough labor hands pretty well...so I'm assuming it's more of an intensive treatment rather than a daily product.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Arlington, VA
This is one of my favorite night moisturizer. It's heavy and rich, and has a light herbal scent that's all natural. Leaves your face feeling moisturized after applying it. It does come off overnight, and my skin feels normal after waking. Not sure if its because I toss and turn a lot.
Maria D.
Maria D.
carmel, IN
Love the lotion...a little on the oily side, but all in all a good night time skin moisurizer.
But the scent, yuck. So hard to get past it. I'd rather it just smelled like nothing. Probably not a lotion I would ever purchase again, not because of the formula, because of the scent.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
A good winter night cream as it's very hydrating. Might be too greasy for summer though, and I'd probably only use it a couple times a week, even in the winter. My only complaint is that it's a little difficult to spread on your face. Otherwise it's a good, affordable moisturizer.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The formula is fantastic - rich and moisturizing - but I can't get past the scent. It smells overwhelmingly like a harsh citrus cleaning product and it's not pleasant at all. I use it on my feet, but can't handle the scent on my hands. It's just too medicinal/chemical of a smell.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this have a scent, or is it fragrance free?
Michaela H.
Michaela H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this for your face or all over?
Alyssa H.
Alyssa H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Dry skin people! Have you tried this on your face? If so, how was it? Did it improve hydration? Break you out?
Sandra R.
Sandra R.
oakville, Ontario
It's formulated with a variety of natural essential oils. it has a herbal scent to it
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Versailles, OH
Does this have any retinol, ceramides, or other anti-aging ingredients?