BY WAZE INC. #75 in Apps

Waze is a fun, community based mapping, traffic & navigation app. With millions of drivers from across the globe joining forces to outsmart traffic, save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices. Waze also makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. It's all about contributing to and benefiting from the 'common good' on the road, so hop on board and get involved in your local driving community today! - Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info - Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more - Complete voice guided navigation - Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change - Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes - Finds the cheapest gas station along your route - One tap navigation to Facebook events. - See Facebook friends driving to the same place - Notify someone you're on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive - Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info - Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors Drive safely! Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while. Learn more about Waze's privacy policy, including what information is accessed and how it is used. With Waze you have full control over your privacy settings. http://www.waze.com/legal/privacy/ see more...

• Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?4 Answers
  • I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does thi...1 Answers
  • How does this work?2 Answers
Stefanie J.
Atlanta
The BEST app on the market hands down! I love that it lets us, the people , add hazards and report traffic and delays. A lot of state and county DOTs are also using this app and using it to find potholes or other road and traffic problems so they can make it all better for us! This is a must have app, you won’t be sorry that you downloaded it! Waze Inc. Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic
Brianna P.
Elizabeth, NJ
Techie Expert
I always recommend using this app to any of my friends and family. I’m able to share my location with this whether they have an iPhone or Android. I’m able to tell when cops around (which i find great) it takes away the traffic, it tells you when you are hitting a car accident whether it is minor or major. It also gives you an option for changing routes, whether you’d like to take the longer route and escape tolls or not.
Robin C.
Lewisville
This is absolutely the best GPS app invented! I would not drive on a trip without it and often use it just on Intown commutes. Forecasting traffic police stops construction and even vehicle or objects in the road is priceless! Highly recommended
Lauren G.
Fairfax, VA
Techie Expert
DC traffic can be a headache. I use this app to find what way to go and it is always 15-20 minutes faster than the route my GPS yields. It looks at real time traffic and can even tell you when cops are ahead,what the speed limit is and how to avoid accidents and speed traps!
Ashley C.
Milwaukee
I work downtown in a big city, so I use Waze on my way to work and back home. I love that it re-routes you to take the fastest way available when there are traffic jams and accidents. I also love that it now is compatible with Spotify so your music isn’t interrupted anymore!
Victoria D.
Kenosha, WI
Hands down, one of the most beneficial and useful apps ... EVER! Pass a car that's on the side of the highway ... report it! See the PoPo hiding behind a tree with a radar gun ... alert others! Need to know what time you should leave to get to work at 8:59 a.m. ... put in the address and Waze will alert you when you should head out the door! Running late and don't want to text-and-drive ... Waze will send your waiting friend your ETA!It's a combination of a cute videogame, GPS/routing, and a live traffic/incident reporter. It does so much more than can be explained here. The more you use it, the more "awards" you earn; you will be KING or QUEEN of the road when you get that crown! Waze Inc. Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic
Kara E.
La Mirada, CA
Techie Expert
One of the best traffic and route maps out there. This app has saved me from long commutes and traffic jams. If it weren't for this app I'd have an hour a half commute because of traffic. Waze is simple, easy to use, reroutes you if traffic gets heavy on your commute, and even warns you if police officers are in the area. I would highly recommend this over google maps. It uses far less data and supplies you with quicker routes. While you may have to watch the route sometimes, as you can get shortcutted on some pretty bad back roads, overall it's a great app. Download it and give it a try today!
Siya P.
San Diego, CA
Love , love , love this app..I wish there more stars I could give it ..awesome app..gives you perfect estimate of the the time duration to the destination , traffic/delays to expect , if there is any construction or accident or even if the cops are nearby..I had been always using google maps before using waze and major difference that I noticed was the routes provided ..google maps rarely provided me with the best route to my destination and I always ended up getting stuck in traffic ..waze on the other hand has alway given me the best and the quickest routes!!i hope it continues to do that..
Allie T.
Techie Expert
This app is a lifesaver. I use it around town, on trips, everywhere. It's extremely convenient because it warns you when things are on the road, when there are roadblocks, heavy traffic, even cops.  I like that you can get points when you notify the app of certain things.  It also evaluates all the notifications on the route you're going on and it will take you the quickest according to them. Bonus.... you can change voices.  It has different themes all the time so you don't ever have to get bored of hearing the same voice and commands.
Robin C.
Bergenfield, NJ
I HATE most traffic/map apps. They just seem so counter intuitive and take the worst routes. And god forbid you need to take an alternate route...they will try to get you back on that original route no matter what!! Not so with Waze. It has never failed me and always seems to know whats up. I do hate how quickly it drains my battery, but thats a small price to pay for sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Maria S.
La Mesa, CA
Does this app use a lot of data?
Jamie H.
Cary, NC
Techie Expert
Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?
Ashley D.
How does this work?
Kristine I.
I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does this app differ from the the one I am using?