BY WAZE INC. #85 in Apps

Waze is a fun, community based mapping, traffic & navigation app. With millions of drivers from across the globe joining forces to outsmart traffic, save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices. Waze also makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. It's all about contributing to and benefiting from the 'common good' on the road, so hop on board and get involved in your local driving community today! - Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info - Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more - Complete voice guided navigation - Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change - Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes - Finds the cheapest gas station along your route - One tap navigation to Facebook events. - See Facebook friends driving to the same place - Notify someone you're on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive - Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info - Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors Drive safely! Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while. Learn more about Waze's privacy policy, including what information is accessed and how it is used. With Waze you have full control over your privacy settings. http://www.waze.com/legal/privacy/ see more...

• Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?5 Answers
  • I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does thi...1 Answers
  • How does this work?2 Answers
Auddy W.
Techie Expert Level 4
Overall, I really like this app. I think it's fantastic how you can edit it and report things, such as: police, accidents, construction, stopped vehicles, weather hazards, etc. I also really enjoy the point system even if it doesn't provide any benefit other than entertainment. I also LOVE the voices they offer for the GPS. It was highly entertaining to have the Jamaican man and Santa Claus guide me to where I need to go. LOL

There are a few things that I feel would make the app a lot better:
1. Every once in a while the GPS tries to take you to completely different places or farther routes than what you wanted. (I use the app EVERY where I go for the points.) I feel the map could be a little bit more accurate. Other than that, it's all good.
2. I wish the GPS would tell what street you're going to versus just the turning directions. I also would love for it to tell me how many miles you have until your turn. I miss that from Google maps. I don't like to keep having to look at the app in order to where which street I'm going to, especially if I'm driving.
3. I feel sometimes when I have reported stuff, it hasn't acknowledged it and doesn't stick it on the map.
4. I wish the app would be more selective on who will help with editing the map. I requested a map edit (my most recent request), and the person helping me was a very RUDE person. He pretty much called me stupid and ignored my directions to help with a faster route.
5. Sometimes it shuts off completely for NO reason, and it's super annoying when it does! I don't think it would be reliable for long road trips where you're on the same road for a long time. It acts like you're not driving anymore.
Kali G.
Peabody, MA
I use this app pretty much daily. My commute to work can range from 45-90 minutes most days and Waze always gets me on the quickest route. It makes traveling fun by allowing users to add updates along their routes for points (crashes, roadkill, potholes, even police). The only complaint is that the app seems to lag sometimes, so I’ve missed a few turns due to the app not moving quickly enough.
Amanda C.
Techie Expert Level 3
Can’t live without this app! I have a 30 mile commute one way and it helps me navigate through the hot mess that is Dallas traffic. Highly reliable and gives you options based on what types of routes (ie. avoid tolls, highways, etc.) you want to take. Has saved me countless hours that I probably would have been stuck sitting still on a highway.
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
Techie Expert Level 1
I absolutely recommend this app to anyone traveling in a larger city, or going on a road trip. I personally prefer this app of any other GPS type app because while it gives you directions it can all give detours from traffics and construction. Overall an amazing thing to keep on your phone while driving
Brianna P.
Elizabeth, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
I always recommend using this app to any of my friends and family. I’m able to share my location with this whether they have an iPhone or Android. I’m able to tell when cops around (which i find great) it takes away the traffic, it tells you when you are hitting a car accident whether it is minor or major. It also gives you an option for changing routes, whether you’d like to take the longer route and escape tolls or not.
Andrea R.
I like this app I feel it's very helpful. It's able to give you different ways to get from point A to point B. I love that they have a feature to remember to take your child out of the car, for some of those careless people.
Robin C.
Lewisville
This is absolutely the best GPS app invented! I would not drive on a trip without it and often use it just on Intown commutes. Forecasting traffic police stops construction and even vehicle or objects in the road is priceless! Highly recommended
Ashley C.
Milwaukee, WI
I work downtown in a big city, so I use Waze on my way to work and back home. I love that it re-routes you to take the fastest way available when there are traffic jams and accidents. I also love that it now is compatible with Spotify so your music isn’t interrupted anymore!
Lauren G.
Fairfax, VA
Techie Expert Level 1
DC traffic can be a headache. I use this app to find what way to go and it is always 15-20 minutes faster than the route my GPS yields. It looks at real time traffic and can even tell you when cops are ahead,what the speed limit is and how to avoid accidents and speed traps!
Beth W.
Love Waze. I’m directionally challenged and depend on this app to get me places. I’m not sure how I got from point a to point b without this thing. I’ve often tried to test to see just how accurate the arrival time is and it’s often right on the money
Maria S.
La Mesa, CA
Does this app use a lot of data?
Jamie H.
Cary, NC
Techie Expert Level 4
Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?
Ashley D.
How does this work?
Kristine I.
I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does this app differ from the the one I am using?