BY WAZE INC. #86 in Apps

Waze is a fun, community based mapping, traffic & navigation app. With millions of drivers from across the globe joining forces to outsmart traffic, save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices. Waze also makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. It's all about contributing to and benefiting from the 'common good' on the road, so hop on board and get involved in your local driving community today! - Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info - Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more - Complete voice guided navigation - Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change - Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes - Finds the cheapest gas station along your route - One tap navigation to Facebook events. - See Facebook friends driving to the same place - Notify someone you're on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive - Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info - Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors Drive safely! Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while. Learn more about Waze's privacy policy, including what information is accessed and how it is used. With Waze you have full control over your privacy settings. http://www.waze.com/legal/privacy/ see more...

• Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?4 Answers
  • I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does this ...1 Answers
  • How does this work?2 Answers
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Gainesville, GA
I use this app every single day of life. Anywhere I am traveling I put into this app. I do not even want to begin to guess the time I have saved because of this. I have gone against what Waze suggested a few times in my life, and I lived to regret it. This app has also saved me from a few speeding tickets, and from getting caught behind something akin to a train wreck. It has saved me from being late to work, and it has saved me on my travels. I love this app. I swear by it
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Since it is made by Google and uses google maps, it is trustworthy. You can choose different voices to narrate your trip, such as Morgan freeman. If you don't adjust your settings on what to tell you, you could be hearing a bunch of useless information your whole trip. It will say "hazard ahead" and it will just be a car pulled off on the side of the road. I do like that people can up vote things if they are true.
Nicky R.
Nicky R.
Richmond, VA
Waze is da bomb. It lets you know where the cops are, as well as any disable vehicles, road debris, or detours. You can add a stop to your route as well as let friends know where you are by sending them your location. I don't really care about some of the social features of the program but they don't get in the way, either. I prefer this much more than Google Maps.
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Winston Salem , NC
This is the best app I have ever used - took a while to convert from traditional separate GPS unit, but now I don't even know where my GPS is! I love seeing and making alerts and being warned of cops and other hazard info. Also, the in-route updates to stay on best route are amazing and keep you on time and in the know.
Chelby C.
Chelby C.
Pittsburgh, PA
This app is really good to use on a long road trip. It alerts you for when cops are ahead and even lets you know if the cop are in sight or hidden. Useful! I recently used this on a long road trip to Niagara with my husband and it possibly saved us hundreds of dollars in speeding tickets!
Wanda A.
Wanda A.
I downloaded this app about 6 months and I definitely find myself using it more often than any other gps its great because you see live traffic when other users post and you yourself can post any traffic, construction, and even any police in the location.
Cary, NC
Techie Expert
I use this app when maps is not working. I love the features like when a cop is near and the traffic routes. It did meet my expectations. I just hate how social the app wants you to be if that makes sense. But over all it is a good app.
Cynthia V.
Cynthia V.
I have a navigation system in my car and I pick waze over it any day!! Love how it gives you more than one option to get to your destination. Also love how you can alert other drivers about police, potholes, and construction.
Alexis P.
Alexis P.
Such a great app for drivers, everyone must get this. It will help you navigate better than any gps system because it's including traffic incidents. Unless you pay extra for a traffic subscription, this is the way to go.
Dana H.
Dana H.
I use this to get around everywhere. It is the only navigation device I trust. It takes me the fastest route and knows about all of the traffic and things going on around me
Maria S.
Maria S.
La Mesa, CA
Does this app use a lot of data?
Cary, NC
Techie Expert
Do you prefer Waze or Google Maps?
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
How does this work?
Kristine I.
Kristine I.
I have Scout which automatically came with my phone. How does this app differ from the the one I am using?