Wayne Goss The Air-Brush

by Wayne Goss

I have heard a lot of positive things about „The Air“ brush from Wayne Goss. Is it worth it? And for what do you use it (f.e under eye setting, etc.)?
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush ? Are these worth the price?
Where do I buy these brushes?
Start your review of Wayne Goss The Air-Brush!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I absolutely love this brush. I use it for highlighting, blush and contour. It's so soft and easy to use. It doesn't need much washing maybe about once a month because it's made from blue squirrel I love Wayne's brushes in reviews
...one shouldn't miss, one can use it for applying highlighter, bronzer, blush or for buffing, it is must have brush.in reviews
Bianca H.
First impressions: The brush is very soft, but "dense." The pinched ferrule gives the impression that there is more hair than there actually is (which makes sense since the AB is priced pretty low for a blue squirrel brush). It's also smaller than I thought it would be (even smaller than the SUQQU Cheek!). The handle feels kind of "cheap" imo. The white of the "wayne goss" on the handle is kind of tacky; I wish the shade of the text was more muted. Also, I have a feeling the text will be easily rubbed off. In practice: I typically bathe my brushes prior to first use. The hair of the Air-Brush fluffed up a tad (less tongue-like), but it's still not as splayed out as the SUQQU Cheek or the Chikuhodo x Beautylish Cheek. It's great for precision placement of medium pigmented products. Since its hairs are pressed so tightly together, it still picks up a decent amount of product (for squirrel). I tried using the brush as Wayne instructed in all different manners. I love the AB for setting my undereyes (actually I use it for setting all small areas of my face). Since it's blue squirrel, its not pokey at all. It doesn't/can't cake up setting powder. For blush, I find that using a patting and sweeping motions is the most effective practice with this brush. It's decent at blending out edges (not the best). It's good at lay down but not at diffusing edges. For contour, since the brush is squirrel, the product has to be decently pigmented. I've tried using the CT Bronze and Glow like Wayne does in his video, but for the life of me, I can't seem to make the brush pick up as much pigment as Wayne does. I moved on to the KA Sculpting Powder and the AB was great at creating the basic shape of contour that I wanted. However, as I mentioned above, I'd need another brush to diffuse/blend the edges to make it look less harsh. For highlight, the AB is lovely. I love how precise I can be with highlight placement. I typically use the Hakuhodo J4004 fan brush and haphazardly place highlight everywhere, but sometimes I don't want a completely glittery face hah. If I could change anything, I'd have a less pinched ferrule in order to have an airier brush. I'd also want a heavier handle and an embossed logo (instead of the current laser printed one). Overall, I really enjoy the Air-Brush. For my purposes, it's extremely functional. On it's own, it's not perfect, but with help, it can be!
Leslie N.
Los Angeles, CA
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush uploaded by Leslie N.
Honestly when it came out I was shocked it was only $35. I have had it for several months now and think it's nice. I don't use it every time I do my makeup but it's a good multitasking brush for anything powder. I prefer it for highlighting or for precise powdering. It was a bit smaller than I expected but given the price I can't complain (will attach a picture with a water bottle cap for size reference). It is extremely soft and I would recommend it but sadly it was limited edition and sold out. Great for travel instead of bringing several different brushes, cleans well just swiping on a paper towel or towel.
Hannah F.
Phoenix, AZ
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush uploaded by Hannah F.
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush uploaded by Hannah F.
Purchased at: Beautylish
Such a beautiful brush. The blue squirrel hair is divine and this brush is a great price for the quality. I like to use it to apply powder highlight and it is the perfect shape and size for that. I have combination skin, so I don’t like to use it on my t zone so it doesn’t absorb any of my natural oils. But those with dry skin can get away with using it all over the face. It is also great to set the undereye if I am using a concealer that sets down quite a bit by itself. Just like with my t zone, I don’t want to use it to set any tacky concealers to make sure I don’t damage the bristles. As you can probably tell, I like to take good care of my brushes and really appreciate a quality brush that will last for years to come. I highly recommend this one and since it is limited edition, I would say get it before it’s gone for good! I added photos of it compared to the Real Techniques Setting Brush since it is a popular brush I know a lot of people have.
La Nita D.
When Beautylish informed that Wayne Goss was releasing a limited edition blue squirrel bristle multifunctional face brush for only $35....I could not order it fast enough. Love. This is the setting brush I was hoping for, I love how it applies and removes product without disturbing my foundation. YES!
Sherina F.
Columbia, SC
Wonderful brush! Really blends powders beautifully and the shape is perfect for setting the undereye! A workhorse brush for me!
Trish N.
Kent, CT
Purchased at: Beautylish
Simply gorgeous brush! There is nothing that compares to a Japanese Fude Brush! The squirrel bristles are the softest I’ve found. I understand that they’re the best for sensitive skin. Glides across the skin beautifully, and blends out powder product better than anything I’ve used!
Amy S.
Lady Lake, FL
Love the soft “air-like” bristles for applying setting powder for under my eyes. The brush is light weight which is great for traveling. Cleans well. I have not had any issues, such as shedding, with this great brush. Would highly recommend for a gentle effective brush to use in a delicate area.
Mary O.
New Gloucestr, ME
This brush is just beautiful. The squirrel hair bristles are so soft you can barely feel them on your skin. I use this to apply powder under my eyes and get just the lightest application ever. I can’t recommend enough!
Shelly S.
Leavenworth, KS
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush uploaded by Shelly S.
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush uploaded by Shelly S.
I love Japanese made brushes. It’s probably my biggest weakness and I’ve acquired quite a collection. I have all but a few of the brushes in Wayne’s collection. The Air Brush is one of the softest brushes I’ve ever felt. It’s like butter on the skin. It’s not the largest brush in the bunch but it blends like no other. Works well with just about anything. I mostly use it for blush. It leaves an amazing glow. For me this is a must have in my collection. I know some don’t want to spend the money for high end brushes but they make absolutely all the difference in the world.
Kajal S.
Sterling, VA
This is such a BEAUTIFUL brush! It's so soft, and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. I appreciate that these brushes are cruelty free, given that they're natural hair brushes. I'm so happy they no longer are limited edition. I used this to buff powder that I've laid down in my t-zone. I LOVE small brushes to do my setting/finishing powder, which I know I'm probably only one of few people on the earth that feels the same lol. It is a bit expensive, which is why I unfortunately returned it after a few uses. I found that since we're quarantined, I really don't need such an expensive brush while I'm just sitting working at home all day. But I love this brush and plan to get it again as soon as money isn't an issue! I highly recommend this brush to anyone with super sensitive skin.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Kristy Y.
Danielson, CT
il y a 4 mois
Wayne Goss The Air-Brush ? Are these worth the price?
Simonne S. il y a 24 jours
I would say it’s absolutely worth the price! This is a blue squirrel powder brush, so it’s uber soft, doesn’t disturb product underneath, blends powder products like a dream and is multi-use: setting concealer, blush, bronzer or highlighter. Go for the squirrel hair brushes for a soft wash of colour, or the saikoho goat hair brushes for more colour intensity as the bristles have more grip & pick up more product. Both bristle types are gentle, so ideal if you have sensitive skin. The price reflects the natural materials used along with the fact that the brushes are also handmade in Japan by artisans. It takes approximately 20 artisans just to make 1 brush! The quality of Wayne Goss brushes is excellent and I definitely recommend them to anyone who is a makeup enthusiast or pro MUA.
Ashley M.
Mount Vernon, WA
il y a 4 ans
Simonne S. il y a un an
I recently tried out the #16 crease/ blending brush from his eye set & it is so silky, soft, airy & blends shadows like a dream. The #19 works great for adding definition in the crease & outer v. I really want the whole set, the hype is real!