BY WARNER HOME VIDEO

• I think this movie is like 4 or 5 hours long. I think it ...9 Answers
Elizabeth B.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
This is an amazing film that is so beautifully done I believe it's a must see for everyone. There are so many different facets to this movie that everyone can find something they enjoy. There are so many wonderful scenes and all the actors portray their characters perfectly. It is a long film, for some it might be off putting, but there is an intermission that gives you the perfect spot to continue it another time. I would suggest just once though watching it in one go. Maybe on a rainy day or something.
Andrea M.
Russell, KS
My favorite movie of all time. The story of a belle in the deep south during the time of civil war. I love that the main character is a strong female lead. She was truly ahead of her time
Doreen M.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Not much credit is given to this films complex and fascinating depiction of its characters, let alone the amazing cinematography and music by Ernest Haller and Max Steiner respectably. Every individual shot exudes with the beauty of a still photograph, leaving an indelible imprint in the mind of the audience member. The word "classic" just seems to fail at justifying how modern this film stands, with superb performances by all cast members, most significantly and obviously from Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable. And no genre as grandeur as the epic, can do justice to such a movie, which lies amongst the spectacles of David Lean. My favorite movie ever.
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
Growing up watching this film was a bore. As an adult, at Black woman, it still is. It's just not the type of film I'd want to watch for entertainment, knowledge production, or anything else really. Keep in mind, this film is a historical classic, it is the first film where Hattie McDaniel (who plays the Mammy character) won an Academy Award, the first for a Black American. There was also a novel called "The Wind Done Gone" written by a Black woman from the perspective of one of the slaves. If you choose to watch this film I encourage folks to also read this book to counter and have multiple perspectives.
Katie P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A classic for anyone who is a serious lover of film. The production is ahead of its time and the acting is award-winning. It has its problems in terms of glorifying a shameful time in our nation (it was made in the 30's after all). But watch it to celebrate film history, not to see an accurate portrayal of our nation's history.
Kate S.
Kingsland, GA
Amazing movie! My Mom watched this movie as a kid, she watched it with me and a kid and I plan on watching it with my girls when they get old enough. I was named after Katie Scarlett and so was my daughter.
It is full of everything from humor, drama, war, love, anger, deception....I am not sure you can even put this movie in a particular category. It's got a little bit of everything. Men and women alike can watch this movie and enjoy.
Victoria W.
Rayville, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I have seen this movie probably 2 dozen times in my life and still to this day love it as a classic. Vivien Leigh was one of the most stunning actresses of all time and the cast is so wonderful and the acting done very well. It's a long watch but will keep you invested if you love History and drama.
Breanna R.
Grove City, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Gone with the Wind is hands down my favorite movie. It is an absolutely wonderful adaptation of the book. The actors and actresses completely embody their characters and bring them to life in a way that is true to the book. It is long, but such a worthwhile movie to watch.
Victoria C.
Bella Vista, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I watched this in my film history class and actually liked it. It was a bit long but it had a good story and a lot going on. I now know what the iconic line "I rightfully don't give a dam my dear" is from now. I loved the costumes and the gowns were so over the top!
olivia v.
Cypress, TX
One of my favorite movies ever to watch! I love how they intertwine history and drama! My favorite scene has to be when Scarlet Dances at the ball after the death of her late husband and everyone looks at her like she's crazy! I LOVE this movie and it is a classic!
Kate S.
Kingsland, GA
I think this movie is like 4 or 5 hours long. I think it is worth it to sit through this movie? If you've seen it, do you agree? Is it too long or not long enough?