Warner Brothers Polar Express Dvd 2-Disc Special Edition (Widescreen) from Warner Bros. uploaded by Mayra Z.Warner Brothers Polar Express Dvd 2-Disc Special Edition (Widescreen) from Warner Bros. uploaded by Brigitte T.

BY WARNER BROTHERS #73 in Movies

Director Robert Zemeckis revolutionized the art of animated film in 1998's WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT by dropping cartoon characters into the same frame with flesh-and-blood actors. In THE POLAR EXPRESS, live action and animation have merged seamlessly, resulting in sparkling super-realism. A landmark technique Zemeckis and his Sony Pictures Imageworks team call "Performance Capture" perfectly suits the tenor of this wondrous children's Christmas story by Chris Van Allsburg. A disillusioned little boy, just old enough to doubt the existence of Santa Claus, has the adventure of a lifetime one fateful Christmas Eve. Clad in his pajamas, he climbs aboard a magic train to the North Pole, driven by a kindly train conductor (voiced by Tom Hanks who starred in both of Zemeckis's Academy-Award winning films FORREST GUMP and CASTAWAY). Among myriad jaw-dropping moments, the train plummets brakeless through crystalline mountains in a simulated roller coaster ride. Going off the rails, skidding sideways, and snaking violently across a frozen lake, the train arrives at the North Pole (a vast, glowing city of brick buildings). At that moment, the car carrying the kids detaches and they're sent tumbling down never-ending chutes and slides until they land in the middle of Santa's Workshop. With its fascinating tale and impressive technical frolics, THE POLAR EXPRESS is destined to become both a holiday classic and a new turning point in the art of animated cinema. see more...

• Who else absolutely love watching this movie in the Christmas sea...27 Answers
  • Did this movie ever scare anyone else as a child?!2 Answers
  • Is it a good movie? i havent read the book or seen the movie it s...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "Tom Hanks did great playing so many characters." in 2 reviews
  • "I remember wanting to see this so bad in theaters and being the happiest kid alive when my Aunt took me to see it, I look forward to watching every Christmas." in 1 review
  • "It is great to watch with family cuddled up drinking hot cocoa in your Jammie's." in 1 review
Chasity P.
Booneville, AR
Nothing better than drinking hot chocolate by the Christmas tree while being swaddled in a blanket watching this movie. This child hops onto this train full of other kids and they end up going to the north pole. It's a full adventure just getting there though! Santa picks one child to sit on his lap to kick of Christmas! I can say the ended, but it all connects!
Brigitte T.
Jacksonville, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
We are Jewish and do not believe do Christmas but this movie is so much deeper than a typical holiday flick. This movie is loaded with symbolism and has a great message for all ages w/o getting too preachy.

The story centers around a boy who has doubts about Santa. His parents feel it is the "end of the magic" for their son. He wants to believe but can't get over his doubts. Just as he is about to drift off to sleep, he is awakened by the Polar Express. The Conductor invites him aboard, taking him on a journey to the north pole to meet Santa and rekindle his faith. The key symbol in this movie is the bell which the boy cannot hear as he has no faith.

Many of us have had great experiences that have given us a renewed faith but once again as the cares of the world set in, we forget to hold on tight to our bell and hear the music. When all hope seems lost, the gift is returned to us by G-d's grace. Santa returning the bell shows how mindful G-d is of each of us individually.

Johan S.
campbell, OH
This will forever be one of my top favorite christmas movie, I make sure to watch every year for Christmas although I even watch it when it isn't christmas. Its such a beautiful christmas story in my opinion. My nephews love it.
Nina R.
Fort Campbell , KY
One of the cutest Christmas movies. I remember. Ring so confused when I was younger and it came out. I couldn't tell if it was real actors or cartoon. Honestly, I still don't even know at some points lol
Julia E.
My favorite Christmas movie! I haven't watched it in years! But it's so amazing, the message and storyline of this is just incredible. I would totally recommend to just about anyone that hasn't watched it
Kim R.
Let me start by saying Bravo Tom Hanks!

This is my autistic sons favorite movie. One of the very first things he read to me out loud was "Tom Hanks ... Polar Express! " We absolutely adore this movie.
Brittany B.
This movie has become a holiday tradition in my family and the family of others I know. It just hit ya in the feels so well it. I wouldnt recommend just watching but full on buying the movie.
Jocelyn G.
A holiday favorite family film, grab the hot cocoa and the kiddos this is great animated film for the whole family to enjoy. Great touching storyline & characters.
Megan C.
Oregon, IL
Polar Express is my absolute favorite Christmas movie. We got it when it first came out years ago with the 3-D glasses and to this day, every Christmas, my family watches it together. I love the details and the meaning behind the movie. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!
Brandy H.
Atlanta, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I recently found out that tinashe was a voice for the little black girl in the film which only made me love it that much more. But I really loved the film because as a black woman in America I didn't always have posture role models growing up. But this film gave me hope for my future and my opportunities.
Soila F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else absolutely love watching this movie in the Christmas season!?
Brittni F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What age range is this good for?
Dee P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Will my 2 year old enjoy this movie?
Karen r.
Is it a good movie? i havent read the book or seen the movie it seems boring lol.
Marisa R.
Escondido, CA
Did this movie ever scare anyone else as a child?!