Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS #59 in Movies

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
Nida U.
Hanover Park, IL
This book started my passion for books!! Ever since I read the outsiders I was in love! I read the book and watched the movie more than I should haha! But I love this movie it's absolutely amazing! And the book is must read too!
Morgan P.
Saylorsburg , PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I read this book in high school and I loved it! At first I wasn’t sure about it, but as you get in it’s soo good! It’s easy to read also.
Ashley C.
One of my favorite books and one of my favorite movies. In the book I fell in love with all the characters. THEN I saw what cast they used for the movie and almost cried. They are so beautiful. I mean, have you seen them!
Jacqueline b.
California
The Outsiders movie and book are very creative and such and great events.The actors are very good at acting and the soundtracks are very beautiful it just adds everything together.I think my favorite scene is when Dallas helped Ponyboy and Jonny>This movie/book is so good I would watch it again and recommend it to others as well.
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great movie, I read the book in middle and high school. The acting is great and the story is well executed! I would recommend highly but also say that the book deserves more of your attention and especially before you see the movie!
Whitnie N.
I love this movie and the book! I love the setting as greasers, but you see more than leather jackets and greased hair. There are so many twists and turns and I just love it!
Ashley C.
JUDSONIA, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a great movie. Sad but great. Obviously not as good as the book but they followed the storyline nicely. I liked how they gave the author a part in the movie as a nurse.
Gina L.
Stamford, CT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Classic! Must see. Everyone at any age loves this movie. DO recommend it. Get acting great storyline. Love this movie can watch it over again
Chloe S.
Hamlin
This movie/book is my favorite movie/book ever. The plot is so amazing. All the characters are amazing . It’s a little sad though. I would watch/read this movie/book 10,000 times in all honesty. 😂 Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros.
Kristin W.
This was a good movie & a good book. Read & watched it in middle school. Want to watch & read it again.
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who stars in this?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?