Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Nida U.
Hanover Park, IL
This book started my passion for books!! Ever since I read the outsiders I was in love! I read the book and watched the movie more than I should haha! But I love this movie it's absolutely amazing! And the book is must read too!
Bella D.
Mocksville, NC
My teacher always should us books she gave as presents every year. This was one of the best. We read it as a group project. We all felt like grown up. So different from regular kid stories.
Alina P.
Galena, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I had to read the book for school and it was really good!!!!! Then we watched the movie and it was awesome!
Ciara S.
Beaufort, SC
I first watched this movie after reading the book in school. It was really good. I definately recommend the book amd movie
Nichole P.
Salem, SC
FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. A young Swayze, Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon. Oh man. I could watch it over and over again. Stay gold, ponyboy!
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Read this book in school and also watched the movie both of them were pretty good
Jordan V.
Ponoka , AB
I read the book and watched this movie in class, and immediately went and bought the movie on DVD. It's a classic, and it has such an amazing cast. Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estavez, Tom Cruise, to name a few. It's cool seeing them in their younger days. The plot keeps you intrigued, and if that's not enough, Rob Lowe has a shower scene...
Audrea C.
Martville, NY
Remember Watchung this in school and reading the book. Very good movie and a classic!
Bailey F.
Reedley
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Could this cast get any better?! What a coming of age story of these rough and tough boys. It's such a great story, I definitely recommend!
Jessica A.
Whitby
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The outsiders movie is amazing, and the book is even better I would highly suggest watching this movie as it is a classic movie, has amazing acting and great actors! I would watch again!
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?
Victoria F.