Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS #40 in Movies

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Melissa D.
North Hollywood, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like this book I read this book!! I also so the movie I read this book as a class in Middle school I love the characters I like pony boy and all others I like the scene when they fight the bad guys yes I would watch again
Amanda A.
I remember reading the book and watching the movie in high school. Great book and movie.
Jordan V.
Ponoka , AB
I read the book and watched this movie in class, and immediately went and bought the movie on DVD. It's a classic, and it has such an amazing cast. Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estavez, Tom Cruise, to name a few. It's cool seeing them in their younger days. The plot keeps you intrigued, and if that's not enough, Rob Lowe has a shower scene...
Ashley S.
Jbsa Fsh, TX
Omg my dad put me onto this awhile back been in love with it ever sense the movie and book!!
Bella D.
Mocksville, NC
My teacher always should us books she gave as presents every year. This was one of the best. We read it as a group project. We all felt like grown up. So different from regular kid stories.
Kayla W.
I read the book when I was in 8th grader! I loved the story line it was really intense to read what happens to the characters. I think if I have the time I would be able to read this again. I would recommend this to others since this is one of the classics.
Kylie K.
Toledo, OH
Read the book for school as a kid and loved it. The movie is awesome too! They do a great job of telling the story without leaving anything out like most movies do.
Audrea C.
Martville, NY
Remember Watchung this in school and reading the book. Very good movie and a classic!
Ariel W.
Apple Valley, CA
Most people read and watch this book/movie in Jr high. I was lucky enough to. A really good book and surprisingly good movie as well. It's rare that a movie is as good as the book.
Ciara S.
Beaufort, SC
I first watched this movie after reading the book in school. It was really good. I definately recommend the book amd movie
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who stars in this?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?