Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Melissa M.
Austin , TX
I love this movie I watched it in my 7th grade English class with my best friend and my dumb ex boyfriend
Kristin W.
Mission Hills, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was a good movie & a good book. Read & watched it in middle school. Want to watch & read it again.
Helen L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a classic! I love the storytelling in this movie. It really gets you invested in the characters.
Anaeli Z.
Such a good film! Damn this movie got me good! STAY GOLD (,: it's a must watch guys. TRUST ME IT IS!!
Elizabeth T.
San Antonio, TX
Omg I love th is book the only book I actually enjoyed reading at School. The movie is also amazing.
Tiffany A.
I love the outsiders movie. A classic and a must see. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
Angie W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was always one of my favorite books as a kid.. I still cry to this day reading it.. Stay gold
Faith H.
Middlesboro, KY
I was just watching this movie last night like no joke! I love this movie and especially poneyboy
Ashley P.
Kearney, NE
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A good movie. Portrays the book very well! I really like how they did it! I've seen several times
Eva B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this movie, must watch. Recommend this movie to anyone this movie is an exceptional movie
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who stars in this?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?