Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Heather C.
Somerset , KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Really a great movie. It's one of my favorites. I hadn't seen it till I married my husband. I watch it often now.
Alyssa H.
Tampa, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I read this book in 11th grade and I've seen the movie 5 times at least! Such a good read and also a great movie!
Madison J.
Louisa, KY
really good book and movie. it is very enticing and keeps you reading/watching. Definitely a good read/watch
Julieta C.
782 w campbell Raymondville, TX
Como los jovenes de ahora les gusta esta pelicula la verdad no veo nada de malo en ella a mi tambien me gusta
Katie G.
Britt, IA
Classic! I love the book and the movie! Has great actors. I bought it at target for like $5, it was a streal!
Hallie C.
Satellite Beach, FL
Love this movie!!! It's such a classic. I feel like everyone has to see it at least once in their lifetime
Alina P.
Galena, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I had to read the book for school and it was really good!!!!! Then we watched the movie and it was awesome!
Jenna W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I watched this movie a long time ago but it is a classic and it was pretty good. It was sad in pets though!
Isabela M.
I watched a movie and read the book in school and I fell in love! it's so great and has many plot twists!
shannon l.
Las Vegas, NV
My favorite pony boy all of them are cute it's the haves verses have not rocker great film I own and love
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?
Victoria F.