Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Megan S.
Anchorage, AK
I really liked how they brought the book to life in this movie.I felt like the characters were here, walking around with me.
Valerie A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Amazing movie for people of almost any age! Definitely a movie that did the book justice! Awesome group of actors! A classic!
Ciara S.
Beaufort, SC
I first watched this movie after reading the book in school. It was really good. I definately recommend the book amd movie
Jill R.
St Louis Park, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love The Outsiders! The movie is great and follows the book almost exactly (which is rare). It has a great cast too.
Yennefer C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The outsiders is such a great movie I loved watching it and could watch it many more times. I love the characters too.
Haily W.
Mercedes, TX
I remember watching this movie in the 7th grade. Ugh such a classic. Highly recommend this movie or the book as well.
Jeniffer a.
Love this book this is my favorite book I read this book when I was in middle school and fell in love with the book
Asbaerla B.
Brownsville, TX
I remember when I was in high school we had to read the book have a test and afterwards watch the movie. It's good
Victoria M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is one of my favorite books and movies. I always enjoyed 1950s based cinema and books. Definitely a good read
Allyson M.
Woodstock, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the Outsiders. I even names my first horse "Pony Boy" He was a Palamino so he would always "Stay golden."
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?
Victoria F.