Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS #44 in Movies

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
Nida U.
Hanover Park, IL
This book started my passion for books!! Ever since I read the outsiders I was in love! I read the book and watched the movie more than I should haha! But I love this movie it's absolutely amazing! And the book is must read too!
Samantha S.
Table Rock , NE
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This was the first book I read in jr high. I couldn't put it down. I got the movie for Christmas that year and watched it over and over again. One of the rare cases where the movie is just as good as the book.
Tania F.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I first read the book in school and was also able to watch the movie and they are both as amazing! The actors did the parts justice and they brought the book to life. One of my favorite movies of all time
Jackie M.
Colton, CA
Ohhh! One of my favorites!!! definitely one movie that I will not get tored of. I remember reading the book in middle school and being anxious to watch the movie. And talk about how handsome they areūüėéūüėć
Brigid S.
Aurora, IL
I had to read this in seventh grade for class and I finished it before most people read the first page. Ever since then, I've read the book at least 12 more times. The movie isn't quite as good as the book, but still great.
K W.
Pawcatuck, CT
I love this movie and the book! The movie has so many great actors in it like Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, and Matt Dillon. Such a good story! I think every kid needs to read/watch this! Highly recommend
Kristan A.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Nothing gold can stay.
This book and movie were so amazing. The story is about love, friendship, violence... I mean it has it all. It's worth the read or the watch, I'm telling you, do it.
Irene G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great movie, good actors, the movie sticks to the book as much as it can. I personally like the book better. But I do enjoy the movie as well. I recommend reading the book first!
Emely G.
This book is literally the best book I have ever read in my life! You instantly fall in love with the characters. This book gets to you because you can relate to many things going on! I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves reading!
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is the best book and my favorite. I love the movie too. It's such a good movie and has great actors and actresses. I would recommend everyone to read the movie and watch the movie.
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who stars in this?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?