Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Hannah S.
The outsiders is a classic! I love the exciting moments in this movie. "Natures first green is gold" the poem by Robert frost that has always been my favorite. The soundtrack was enjoyable and I would watch it again in a heartbeat
Melissa D.
Northhollywood, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like this book I read this book!! I also so the movie I read this book as a class in Middle school I love the characters I like pony boy and all others I like the scene when they fight the bad guys yes I would watch again
Tina T.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great novel and an equally great film adaptation. Love seeing actors like Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, and Matt Dillon so early in their careers. The scenes with Ralph Macchio and C Thomas Howell are a little melodramatic, but overall an excellent film. Young Diane Lane is everything!
Stephanie L.
Dallas, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
another one of my favorite movies.great acting,and alot of popular actors in it.to see a gang member go in the church to save kids is awesome.it was so sad at the end.ponyboy was so cute i loved him.this is a must watch movie.i have seen it so many times ,and still not tired of it
Bella D.
Mocksville, NC
My teacher always should us books she gave as presents every year. This was one of the best. We read it as a group project. We all felt like grown up. So different from regular kid stories.
Chloe S.
Hamlin
This movie/book is my favorite movie/book ever. The plot is so amazing. All the characters are amazing . It’s a little sad though. I would watch/read this movie/book 10,000 times in all honesty. 😂 Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros.
Kristina A.
Villa Rica, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I remember reading the novel ( and watching this movie) in 8th grade. I think they did a good job translating the novel into a movie. Worth watching if you've never seen it. Good movie.
briance m.
Paragould, AR
This was a really good book, In one of my classes I was forced to read it but im glad I did. I liked the mocie more than the book because it gave me a better visual over all. I would definitely watch it again and soda was my favorite character
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great movie, I read the book in middle and high school. The acting is great and the story is well executed! I would recommend highly but also say that the book deserves more of your attention and especially before you see the movie!
Ariel W.
Apple Valley, CA
Most people read and watch this book/movie in Jr high. I was lucky enough to. A really good book and surprisingly good movie as well. It's rare that a movie is as good as the book.
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?
Victoria F.