Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Jeniffer a.Warner Brothers Outsiders, The - The Complete Novel Dvd from Warner Bros. uploaded by Nida U.

BY WARNER BROTHERS #42 in Movies

Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983.Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S.E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers. Darrel Curtis (Patrick Swayze) is doing his best to raise his two younger brothers, Sodapop (Rob Lowe in his first film role) and Ponyboy (C. Thomas Howell). Sensitive Ponyboy is a budding writer in love with Cherry (Diane Lane), the unobtainable beauty from the enemy gang. When Ponyboy's buddy, troubled Johnny Cade (Ralph Macchio), kills one of the Socs in self-defense, their friend Dallas (Matt Dillon) helps the two youths hide out in an abandoned country church. There they live as exiles from a society that doesn't want them. But not all is lost, when Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas save some children caught in a fire they become unlikely heroes. The young cast is the jewel of this sensitive, moving film. Tom Cruise and Emilio Estevez play Greasers, and pop singer Leif Garrett plays rich-kid Bob. Dillon also starred that year in another S. E.Hinton adaptation directed by Coppola-the fascinating and extremely entertaining RUMBLE FISH. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
briance m.
Paragould, AR
This was a really good book, In one of my classes I was forced to read it but im glad I did. I liked the mocie more than the book because it gave me a better visual over all. I would definitely watch it again and soda was my favorite character
Ashley C.
One of my favorite books and one of my favorite movies. In the book I fell in love with all the characters. THEN I saw what cast they used for the movie and almost cried. They are so beautiful. I mean, have you seen them!
Jacqueline b.
California
The Outsiders movie and book are very creative and such and great events.The actors are very good at acting and the soundtracks are very beautiful it just adds everything together.I think my favorite scene is when Dallas helped Ponyboy and Jonny>This movie/book is so good I would watch it again and recommend it to others as well.
Claudia S.
Dallas, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Really good book of course the book is better then the movie but I was wrong they made it a lot like the book. The movie made me cry with what happened to Johnny boy omg I cried so much it’s a must watch movie the Actors were great and cute lol
Whitnie N.
I love this movie and the book! I love the setting as greasers, but you see more than leather jackets and greased hair. There are so many twists and turns and I just love it!
Melanie S.
Union Beach, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Outsiders: The Complete Novel is one of my favorite movies. Especially since it is based on one of my favorite novels. I was introduced to The Outsiders when I was in middle school thanks to S.E. Hinton's novel. You fall in love with her characters in the book, but it is this movie that brings the characters to life. You end up feeling like you really Know the characters. The movie brings the book to life on screen. And the cast is amazing. The cast of people in this movie will really make you smile. It's full of greats like Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe, Emilio Esteves, Diane Lane, Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillion and C. Thomas Howell.
Linda  O.
Spring hill, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My second favorite movie in the whole entire world and I remember reading it in the seventh grade for the first time and falling in love with the book and watching the movie and falling in love with the movie and I just love S E hintons books I just love this movie so much I make everyone watch it it's just the best in the whole entire world I don't even know how to say it is so good
Kayla W.
I read the book when I was in 8th grader! I loved the story line it was really intense to read what happens to the characters. I think if I have the time I would be able to read this again. I would recommend this to others since this is one of the classics.
Anna R.
I read the book, listened to the audio, and watched the movie back in high school and it still to this day is one of my all time favorite books I've read/movies I've watched. Great storyline that keeps you engaged and very attached to the characters.
Hannah S.
The outsiders is a classic! I love the exciting moments in this movie. "Natures first green is gold" the poem by Robert frost that has always been my favorite. The soundtrack was enjoyable and I would watch it again in a heartbeat
Denise F.
Rhinelander
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else think the book is a lot better then the movie
Antumn M.
Nesbit, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else watched this in school?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
An I the only one who cries watching this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who stars in this?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Were or are you a fan of the outsiders?